Why you cuddle

[Deleted User]syriouslysmooth (deleted user)

Hey I have recently entered the world of cuddling and I’d like to hear some of your experiences. How could they have been better? What made you uncomfortable

Comments

• Relieves stress, fills my touch needs quota, and it's amazing!

• Recieving nurturing touch has helped me feel safe and calm. Co-regulation from cuddling has helped me self-regulate.

• We choose to cuddle.

We choose to go to cuddle in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too

• edited August 2022

Cus I like it . Same reason I eat good food and get pedis . Nothing too convoluted beyond that .

• [Deleted User]Momoo (deleted user)

Cuddling to me is like having an intense intellectual conversation, but with our bodies instead of words. We explore parts of ourselves we wouldn't be able to explore in other contexts.

Plus, it's a kind of high that nothing can replicate. As someone who isn't sexual at all, this is my equivalent.

• [Deleted User]Jacob879 (deleted user)

I cuddle because I miss the innocent parts of being in a relationship, the comfort and warmth of another person, but, I'm not looking to deal with the idiocy of modern dating, nor do I find hookup culture to be in any way fulfilling, if anything, it leaves me more empty than before, feeling used, and worthless, and, I figured out, I found much of the same comfort in huddling for warmth during field training, as I did being married, so, why not just get that comfort as friends, then carry on.

Better? Better communication, I've had a few move on, without saying anything when I reached out, we're all adults, we should communicate as such.

Uncomfortable? People who want to move immediately into private situations without meeting publicly first. Especially people who want to come over, if I invite someone into my home, I want to get to know them first, it's just common sense and personal safety.