This sites MODERATION is a total joke. No consistently and they don't follow their own rules

edited September 2022 in General

I had a "travel" cuddler coming to my area. We had discussed in detail the cuddle session and agreed to today @ 6pm.

However I get a message an few hour ago saying "Sorry, I didn't get enough bookings to justify my trip so I have to cancel"

I obviously left her NEGATIVE Karma but out of the blue I get a "Account Advisory Notice" (wish I'd taken a screen shot) saying "We're removing Karma on both your accounts. She gave you plenty of notice. Attempting to leave her Karma again will result in a ban"

How the f**K is that "plenty of notice"? I took the day off work AND arranged my entire schedule today around this 3 hour cuddle session. I even already went to the ATM and got the cash. How is her "Not getting enough cuddles" in any way a justified reason to not get true and accurate Karma?

I don't even care that the session was cancelled. But I do care quite a bit that the ACCURATE and FAIR Karma can just be vanished/erased.

If I cancelled on her with less than 12-hours notice I get a message that says I'm "required" to pay a 50% cancellation fee.

Cuddle Comfort's Moderators seem to do everything in their power to protect their cuddlers (i.e. the ones who make them $$$) while screwing over the people WHO ACTUALLY PAY the fees that help run the site.

In the future I don't know if I can trust Karma to be REAL. I'll constantly be thinking "Hmmm.....I wonder if all her Negative Karma has been removed by the site, no matter now accurate it is"

Comments

• edited September 2022

Given the tone, accusations, and attacks in this post, you will likely be free of worrying about karma accuracy soon.

• @zerocantaloupe The "Tone"?

Being upset that the moderators delete accurate Karma? Okay

Deleting my account anyways.

• I give it less than an hour before this post is DELETED / VANISHED.

Not locked. Not replied to. Hidden and fully deleted.

The don't want anyone to know what is really going on.

• Hey so… There’s a way to write this post that would get the reader to sympathize and agree with you, and then there’s the way you chose to write it. The way it reads makes me think there’s more to the story I’m not being told, even if that’s not the case. You probably have no interest in my advice, but you should consider writing the post when you are not angry and frustrated.

• @Charlie_Bear But there isn't more to the story. It's exactly how I stated.

And I'm not upset at the Pro. Shit happens. I'm upset that I left ACCURATE Karma saying "Cancelled last minute" and it was deleted.

• @deleted___user said "If I cancelled on her with less than 12-hours notice I get a message that says I'm "required" to pay a 50% cancellation fee."

Really? I never knew that. I'm glad I never had to cancel.

• Please don’t treat our moderators poorly. 🤨

They follow site rules and….

THEY ARE VOLUNTEERS

MODERATORS DON’T MAKE ANY MONEY.

Your accuracy in these accusations is problematic and it doesn’t lend well to believing your story is filled with complete factual information either.

If you think there is something wrong with….

ADMINISTRATION

Then please take it up with @mark or @gary to find resolution.

• edited September 2022

So the way I see it is like when I see a 1 star Amazon reviews but they are frustrated with how ups handled the box, no mention of the quality of the actual item purchased. Now of course I understand in this case, it’s not the same since the pros ability to meet up is part of the cuddle session and would be included in the karma, but your situation having rearranged your schedule and taken the day off was not their fault, and you are also not leaving karma for their actual ability to cuddle because the session was cancelled. If someone bailed on me, no harm no foul. You choosing to take time off was at your own risk. Life happens and do you really expect them to travel out to you just to lose money? I sympathize with your situation because that’s a huge bummer for you and could affect your job, but again that was your choice.

• Also, I don't live in Phoenix. I live 2 1/2 hours away (and the Pro knew this) and had already driven to the area by the time I get the message saying she needs to cancel.

Did I ask her for compensation for the gas and 5 hour round-trip time the was wasted (I'm sure she would have asked me if she lost time and money)? No, I just left ACCURATE and TRUE Karma that as deleted.

• [Deleted User]Jacob879 (deleted user)

In most business transactions, there's an understanding of commitment, of upholding the agreement. People get sued all the time for not holding up to their end of a business agreement. So no, it's not on the client for making business arrangements and having the other person fail to uphold their end.

In nearly any other context, that's a given, if I pay someone to write some code for instance, and there's an agreement made for delivery, then they cancel at the last minute, I have recourse, if someone hires me to teach a class, they're going to get all the students together, because I agreed to teach a class, if I cancel, that's not on them for getting students together, that's on me for not fulfilling my obligation, they were operating under the idea I'd keep my word and do what I agreed to do.

He made business arrangements, and planned around them just like with any other business arrangement, and just like I'd be responsible for a group of people dedicating time to attend a class if I canceled...

• edited September 2022

@Charlie_Bear I'm self-employed and my own boss. So it won't affect my job but I could have been at home working.

As a "Pro", she should have said "If I don't get enough bookings I may cancel. I'll have to let you know the morning of...."

I'm not even upset at the Pro really. I'm more flabbergasted than TRUE KARMA can just be deleted. It causes the integrity of the ENTIRE Karma/review system to be suspect and not reliable.

• @Charlie_Bear For example, lets assume a Pro showed up for a cuddle session 30 minutes late but the session was great otherwise, I'd leave Karma that said:

"Arrived 30 minutes late with no notice. But other wise it was a great session. Soft and caring cuddler"

I wouldn't expect the Karma to be deleted or edited to remove the "30 minutes late" part.

• @deleted___user i understand the point of your post is your objection to the way they deleted your karma, your karma isn’t about the mods, it’s about the pro, who you even said you are not upset with, yet you want the mods to keep negative karma on the pro for bailing, when an alternate course of action is to spare her the massive ding to karma and instead warn them about doing something like that in the future and possibly restricting their account if it keeps occurring. They have their way of dealing with it and I don’t think accusing them of conspiracy to suppress karma is very helpful here

• Since I wasn't aware of the cancellation policy I looked it up

Cancellation policy

"If you cancel within 12 hours of the appointment we ask that you pay half of the session price. This is to compensate the Cuddler for lost business as it's unlikely they would be able to find another client for that scheduled period at such short notice.

In the case of a Cuddler cancelling within 12 hours, they are expected to offer you compensation in the form of a discount for your next session with them.

If you cancel within 24 hours and your session includes a rental space arrangement prepaid for by the Cuddler, we ask you pay the full price of that rental cost. This is to compensate the Cuddler for what would otherwise be a tangible financial loss. In the reverse scenario we also ask the Cuddler compensate you in the same way"

• @Jacob879

Finally!!! Someone who understands.

But as I've said. I'm more upset at the ADMIN/Moderators just deleting the fair, accurate and true Karma.

• I had a Pro tell me "So you want to burn another member here by leaving bad karma for circumstances outside of her control? Got it. Sounds like she dodged a bullet." (this tells you a great deal of the mentality of the "Pros" on here)

So I should ONLY leave Karma when it doesn't negatively impact the Pro? I should only leave positive and glowing reviews? No matter how true and accurate the Karma?

That would defeat the entire purpose of Karma.

"circumstances outside of her control"

And they were completely in her control. The plane didn't crash. She wasn't kidnaped and held hostage. SHE chose to cancel.

As a "Pro:, she should have said "If I don't get enough bookings I may cancel. I'll have to let you know the morning of...."

• @Charlie_Bear

"spare her the massive ding to karma and"

She has OVER 75 positive Karma. That is why I booked with her. My negative (but accurate) Karma didn't even lower her Karma number.

She's not a newbie, with that many positive Karma she should have said "If I don't get enough bookings I may cancel. I'll have to let you know the morning of...."

And if she was a newbie, I probably wouldn't have bothered leaving any Karma.

• Reading. Catching up. Will update soon.

• Ah yes. Hi. I'm the horrible supervillain that deleted the Karma. For clarification, the pro came to me with what sounded like reasonable concerns. Your anger made her uncomfortable, and your insistence on oil massage made her further uncomfortable. She felt like blocking you, but was worried about retaliation karma. Something I have seen a handful of times already. It was MY decision to delete the Karma on both of your pages respectfully, as it seemed that was the right call in this very specific situation.

Personally I joined the moderation team a month ago to help people. Definitely don't claim to get things right 100% of the time. Definitely made a few mistakes along the way, but ya know what, this is confirming for me I made a great call today. I'm seeing plenty of signs here of that anger she was talking about, because much of what you said here was objectively false. Plenty of people (including pro's) get bad karma all the time. PLENTY of pro's, despite a shockingly high disbelief, get banned. In fact, I've seen to the bans of two pro's personally for violating the rules. There's three names right now besides myself I could drop, literally none of us are getting paid to do this. NO ONE is the above the rules. Not even us.

So by all means, this thread can stay up for as long as you like. Throw whatever shade you've got at me if you come back. It's not going to suddenly make anything you're saying true.

• edited September 2022

@deleted___user You're in forum timeout the next 7 days. I don't expect your tenure here to be very long, but I've also been incredibly wrong before. Best wishes.

Karma is intended for post-meeting, post-cuddles, and also to denote no-shows. The Pro in this instance cancelled and gave you viable notice. Unfortunate? Inconvenienced? Yes, but a karma review was not appropriate, which was why it was removed as requested. Read the bolded first sentence of this paragraph again.

Being disgruntled does not change this reality of karma. Moderators leave plenty of less-than-favorable reviews when 1) they've occurred post-meeting/post-cuddles, and when 2) there was a no-show. We remove, AS REQUESTED, such karma as "she ghosted me" or "she blocked me when I asked if I could wear boxers" or "we didn't meet yet, but she didn't respond when I told her I might get an erection." A karma review wouldn't be appropriate in those instances. Go back again and read the first bolded sentence of the first paragraph.

Everyone: I'm leaving this up and unlocked. IF you have something to contribute to the conversation, do so, but anyone expects me to re-litigate this, go play Solitaire and leave me out of it. [edit: I'll stick around as long as this thread continues to annoy the hell out of me.].

Carry on, folks.

• Thank you @Shake49 for your impartiality and nuance.

• edited September 2022

Well well well...

Your anger made her uncomfortable, and your insistence on oil massage made her further uncomfortable. She felt like blocking you, but was worried about retaliation karma.

Again, I repeat, she dodged a bullet.

@deleted___user

had a Pro tell me "So you want to burn another member here by leaving bad karma for circumstances outside of her control? Got it. Sounds like she dodged a bullet." (this tells you a great deal of the mentality of the "Pros" on here)

Oh yeah that was me. I was right. 💅 Imagine that.

Thank you for clarification @Shake49 , you are awesome.

• I don't judge a claim based on its tone, so the complaint here seems perfectly reasonable. A pro violated their agreement and causecl a would-be client a great deal of inconvenience.

• @Mike_Girard - a cancellation is not a violation.

• edited September 2022

@Mike_Girard
    This inconvenienced "client" wanted his cuddler to oil him down and massage him. No one cares about his pathetic inconvenience.
    Infact, I'm giggling at the idea of him wasting his time driving 5 hours hoping to get his rocks off and denied that opportunity.

• edited September 2022

@Mike_Girard yeah, but the complaint isn't true.

What we have here is another case of an angry person letting off steam in the forum because they asked a professional to do something contrary to the Terms of Service and got turned down.

Great job all round by @Shake49.

• It doesn't seem right to give him a timeout without letting him respond to the accusations made by the cuddler against him relayed in Shake49's post

• I posted before I finished my thought. It's my understanding that karma functions like product reviews on other sites. In which case the OP complaint against the moderators seems legit.

• One cannot leave karma if they haven't met yet, and if it's not a no-show.
    A cancellation is not a violation nor a no-show.
    There was ample communication. I dare say TOO much communication, and it was the Pros prerogative to cancel for any reason whatsoever. No means no, but the OP had a total meltdown and suddenly it's everyone else's issue but his own.

This discussion has been locked.