Is there such a thing as cuddling too much?

I don't see how it's possible unless it disrupts your everyday life like an addiction. Can you be satiated from cuddling?

Comments

• Some people can be satiated, I'm sure. Even me, sooner or later I'd need time to myself. Which for me probably isn't cuddling satiation as much as needing downtime to process.

• Dangers of cuddling too much:
    Cuddling while you're driving. Please pay attention to the road.
    Cuddling your boss. Might end well, might not.
    Cuddling your sister in law in front of your wife. Yeah, that'll get you in trouble.

• @melissa_em Good point.

@tallteddy Too funny! The boss is a no no.lol

• Only when limbs start to fall asleep, you can't stand up without joints snapping, or you're laying on my hair.

I've got it down pat.

Up every few hours to walk or stretch, keep left rotator cuff, right elbow and left knee moving and sweep hair up in a bun unless you are gently playing with it.

• edited September 2022

Yes anything in excess is bad

• I’m shameless enough to make the obvious joke we’re all thinking:

Please seek medical attention if you have cuddle-related….um….excitement for more than 4 hours straight

• Yes anything in excess is bad

Spot on @HumbleBaron. You would think that would be obvious, yet we have a thread on it.

• If you can get addicted to cuddling, does that mean you can go through oxytocin withdrawal. I’ll have to look that up.

• Im often feel a drop of oxytocin a few hours or even the day after a session. its like everything in life, moderation is always best. also taking the time to find other things out of cuddling and people that brings you joy and happiness!

• @FunCartel Great! Now that we got the FAQ outta the way, we all can have a discussion! :)

• Anyone can be addicted to more.

• Cuddling with the same person too much can, but not always. lead to boundary and attraction issues.

• Just imagining the news report….”I’m reporting here today from the latest cuddle comfort meet up where the devastating impact of the tragic cuddling epidemic sweeping the nation is clear for all to see. I tried to interview one woman still on a post cuddle high. Her demeanour was dreamy, her words were barely intelligible. Clear signs she had been over indulging in what is proving to be the most dangerous of non-pharmaceutical drugs known today….cuddling!! One man told me he can barely go a day without a fix, often turning to strangers on the INTERNET to get that cuddle high. They look like everyday folk, they could even be your neighbours. If a stranger approaches and offers you a seemingly innocent platonic cuddle in a variety of calming positions with soothing hair stroking, go inside immediately, lock your door and call 911. Stay safe and goodnight. God help us all

• @LondonHug Not the worst way to die.

• @cylee1180 Here lies LondonHug. He died suffocating and extremely relaxed 😃

• @LondonHug He died in a London Fog...

• I'm with @HumbleBaron, but I envy anyone who is at risk.

• Cuddling is like eating cake. It can't be your whole diet, and you can't do it all day.

• @Charlie_Bear dopamine deficiency is a real thing, as is oxytocin withdrawal. Ask any mama who has stopped breastfeeding how those post-weaning hormones hit differently!

and to answer the question... oh my gosh yes, there an can be too much! I facilitated two group cuddle events in one weekend and saw clients in the days following. Needed to do a LOT of self-care to come out of that time in a healthy way!

• Lol no not in a relationship for sure, it leads to a great sex life and a general feeling of closeness. No downsides there

• Too much of anything is bad . I get bored and stir crazy after a while