Visibility of Profile Pictures

[Deleted User]CoffeeMama (deleted user)

Regarding pics... This site says public, friends and private are our options. Does 'public' mean public, or does it mean site wide? If it means site wide, it should really say that or something like non-friends, members, etc.

Even the settings section to 'Block Public Visitors' means people outside of the site... the public.

So, which is it?

Thanks

Comments

• @CoffeeMama

Public means public, that your pic will be indexed by search engines and show up in Google searches.

If you choose to “block public visitors,” it means that your pic and profile will NOT show up in a Google search and that even people who have a direct link to your profile page will need to make an account and login before viewing your profile.

Likewise, if you choose to block visitors, your image and name will be concealed to nonmembers when they see karma you have left for someone with a public profile.

This is the option that I personally use, and prefer the veil that it provides. I am not ashamed of being a cuddler, but I prefer people who seek me out here to have some “skin in the game,” so to speak.

• @AintMisbehavin nailed it with each description. Public is basically for the entire internet to be able to view your profile without having an account while "block public visitors" require a person have an account themselves to be able to see your profile. I think the default is public, but unlike sites like Facebook, when updates to the site happen your security settings stay the same

• [Deleted User]CoffeeMama (deleted user)
    edited September 2022

Thanks @AintMisbehavin & @reurbo -

I posted this question because I asked a member and he said public meant anyone/non-friend/members on the site. That just didn't sound right to me, so thanks a bunch. 🙂 I'm glad to know it means what it says.

• So how do we check and or change this?

• @BashfulLoner it's all under either Edit Profile or Settings.

• Yeah I def went the private route. I don’t like the idea of non-members seeing my profile. @AintMisbehavin is right

• [Deleted User]CoffeeMama (deleted user)

@BashfulLoner
    'Block Public Visitors ' is under settings.
    Your picture options are under 'edit profile'.

• @CoffeeMama @CuddleDuncan thank you. Not that anyone is interested in what I’m doing on-line but those that are, I’m confused about.

• Good info to know.