Confused/ Offended

[Deleted User]Babbichev (deleted user)
edited September 2022 in General

I had a cuddle and the person was talking about my name and heritage. They asked what my last name is. I said it and he said it was offensive.. Babichev is my name. I'm confused why he was offended my last name

Edited to remove OP personal information as she's also decided to delete her account after this incident. [reurbo]

Comments

• Wow , you were so confused and offended that you deleted your account . Interesting

• Why would you put your full real name out there?? Maybe just put your last into various Google translates and see what you find.

• edited September 2022

• edited September 2022

• Careful, any minute now someone is bound to say that we are being mean and unwelcoming

• edited September 2022

• I’m not sure what’s happening here but I’m surely out of the loop

• edited September 2022

In spanish that word sounds like a slang so maybe thats why he was triggered . Il give a hint female dog

• edited September 2022

• Wow! What an ignorant POS. That's pretty low to make a comment like that.

• edited September 2022

• Maybe the other person is Ukrainian and they thought you said "Putin"? Dunno. Or maybe you're just lonely and made up the whole story to relieve your boredom.

I do that sometimes.

• edited September 2022

• [Deleted User]Momoo (deleted user)

This is interesting! Not who OP was talking about but I was chatting with this person last week. They seemed chill? Oh well, another missed connection.

Also, damn I don't really get why y'all are so hostile...I'm assuming OP made this post, realized making the post didn't relieve their frustration, and decided to delete instead as another option. Frustrated people do that sometimes.

Have some sympathy.

• edited September 2022

Some folks spend their entire lives being offended . Others know how to take a joke . I dont mean to upset anybody ever, I honestly don't. If that happens then I do what I can to try to make it right. Howecer , I do feel that this site attracts people who at times are very sensitive and easily triggered, like hair triggered. So it's hard to even make seemingly benign comments sometimes without somebody calling you mean, or demanding that you make concessions because of how they feel about something. Makes anything other than kittens and rainbows difficult to discuss

• Depending on accent, i can see it being confused with a female body part.

• @Momoo because you simply don't say something so rude to people. If you are offended by someone's name you should move back home with mommy and daddy. You are not ready to be out in the real world yet.

• @Momoo yeah i feel the hostility too, I’m confused about it because i thought the OP been in these forums along time. Unless I’m mistaken

@pmvines regardless of the topic name, based off the post text OP seemed more confused that anyone would be offended by their name than them being personally offended by the first person being offended. Actually, after reading the post text that's how I interpreted the topic name as well.

Jokes are great sure but a good joke lands best when everyone involved is aware that a joke is actually happening. Otherwise we're just making fun of/laughing at the expense of others. Ever notice how really great comedians stop short of literally laughing at folks who don't deserve it or consent to being laughed at?

@robroo I can't tell if what you're saying in your post is directed at me, OP, or the person OP was talking to.

• edited September 2022

@Momoo I am willing to admit that sarcasm doesnt always hit the same way to everybody. I think being offended on the OP behalf is understandable. I dont feel like anything innately mean or terrible has been said, as divisive as it may be to some . I will leave it at that,.as I dont wish to get into a morality debate and risk butting heads with anybody who I have no bad will toward .

• edited September 2022

Only reason I am saying this is because several people have asked , no this is not @Babichev the mod. OP is spelled with 2 Bs. @Babichev the mod is still around . Just wanted to avoid confusion

• @Momoo Sam Kinison and Bill Burr rake everyone over the coals at some point. Most jokes are at someone's expense; for they all contain a degree of truthful examination; in other words, stereotyping. That's why they're brutally hilarious. They do/did call out anyone, even members of the audience.

And why I would never sit in the front row at any of their shows!

But at the end of the day, it just a joke. Stop being offended and enjoy the scraped knee life throws your way sometimes.

@Tom2019 I love Burr and Kinison as much as the next guy. Same with Pryor and Carlin. Difference with all these folks is that the people who engage with them know what to expect, or the comedians themselves are targeting groups of people instead of specific people, and the specific people they do target can usually take it. Punching up, and all that.

Look, I'm all for not getting offended when it isn't necessary. But "it's just a joke" is a terrible defense in just about any context. Let's get real here.

Anyway yeah, don't have much more to say.

• @pmvines i thought i caught that, but the name is so close i questioned myself.

• @pmvines Thank you for clarifying. I was so confused.

• @Momoo that wasn't directed to you.

• I’m still here. OP is not.

• Why are we using Sam Kinison as metric for anything? Dude's been dead for literally 30 years.