"Please reference my profile"

I was getting cuddle requests from super green (and very serious) cuddles who would ask for my availability (usually something hella last minute), book a session, and then no-call-no-show. It was FRUSTRATING -I would hold up my end of the agreement to be present and available for a session THEY reached out to me to book, only to be disrespected at the last minute. I wanted to think of a way to mitigate this so I started putting my availability on my profile, keeping it as up-to-date as possible, and redirecting potential cuddlers to my profile for my availability. Anytime someone reaches out to asking to for my availability to book a session I ask them to "please reference my current availability listed on my profile". This extra step REALLY cut down on the people who were clearly getting gratification on booking a session they never intended on showing up for versus the cuddles who genuinely wanted to schedule a cuddle session. Something about having to find the answer on their own weeds out the phonies.

Hopefully this little tidbit is useful to someone; just thought I'd share something that has been working for me. :)

Comments

• edited September 2022

Id like to tack on to this from a consumer point of view. Please format it in a way thats highly visible in order to cut down on confusion and additional time wasted by you on dumb clarifying questions from people like me

πŸ’—πŸ’— SEATTLE SEPT XX-XXTH πŸ’—πŸ’—
    HOSTING ONLY 😊 I tend to book quickly so please reach out when you know the best time and day for yourself.
    THURS SEPT XX:XXXPM-XXXXPM/OVERNIGHT
    FRI SEPT XX: XAM-XXPM/ X-XPM/OVERNIGHT
    SAT SEPT XX: X-XXAM

Is much better than

I’ll be in Bellevue the X-XXth and Portland the XX-XXth.

As an example. Additionally I KNOW the top of your profile lists if you are hosting or guest, but it really helps to put it in the description with the times/areas/dates

• @Artemis795 if somebody simply doesn't turn up without letting you know for a session that has been booked on the system then give them 1 star karma with a comment saying why. If they try to "revenge karma" you the mods will delete it.

This is not a cuddling phenomenon, it happens in other spheres too. There is a type of person out there who gets a kick out of booking something and not turning up. Strangely, they are also lazy - almost any hurdle will put most of them off.

Some of the greenhorns will have got cold feet. If you suspect it's a genuine person with a lot of anxiety it might be worth sending them a nice message.

• @CuddleDuncan i appreciate you stating leaving them 1 star Karma. I’m absolutely worried about revenge Karma, so it’s nice to know the mods will take care of it if it happens.

• edited September 2022

@Artemis795 revenge Karma is deleted routinely. There can be a tricky question of evidence, but if you write your karma politely and fairly .... well history teaches us that the reasonable karma is almost always the true one. Experienced professionals with a solid history of bookings and karma are also more likely to get the benefit of any doubt, especially against a new account with a blank profile.

Always remember that the mods are not faceless beaurocrats. They are us, normal members of the community who took on the responsibility.

• In addition, you can report them and they will be issued a warning for last minute cancellation or being a no show/no call. If they do it habitually they will be banned. There are some folks who are habitual time wasters and they are not welcome here.