When an Old Friend Becomes a New Cuddle Pal

edited September 2022 in General

A few months ago , while glancing through the cuddlers in my area , I saw a new profile for Birmingham (where I live ). There was no pic , and the profile was limited. There was nothing special or identifiable about the user name. I sent a message just stating hi, welcome to the site , good luck to you etc. Within 10 min she had visited my profile and sent a message saying we know each other and sent a pic . Low and behold , we had actually dated a few times back in the before times until March of 2020 hit. Needless to say with the world on hold, we lost touch . She had remembered me telling her about my cuddle friends, and though I hadn't told her about CC she wandered in on her own 2 yrs later .

After getting reaquainted, we decided to meet up to cuddle. We had dated before, however this was a different context as it was for platonic cuddling only . When cuddling she told me that she had been soul searching , and realized what she really was missing and wanted more than anything else was to be held and have someome to talk to . I asked her what has she been through to come to this point . She cried , telling me personal details involving her family and other stressors and traumas. We spent the evening lying in bed , holding each other and talking, and just being quiet as well . This was the closest we had been since knowing each other . No context of dating, or pressures or expectations of sex . Within this new context of cuddling and simply being, we were able to connect in a much different way, and on a deeper level . We have gotten together several times since, and are enjoying this renewed platonic cuddling friendship we now share .

Comments

• @pmvines 😭😭😭 This is so beautiful.

• That is wonderful.

• Thanks @DaringSprinter ! Give yourself and the hogboblin a hug from me

• Thanks @Hannie868 you are really sweet to say so

• @pmvines Wow! That’s amazing! I am happy for both of you!!! Many more cuddles to come!!!πŸ₯°πŸ€—πŸ₯°πŸ€—

• Thanks @SuperManCuddles I was surprised but its pretty nice. Never know who you are gonna ru.n into sometimes

• Warms up my heart πŸ™‚

• @denvermatt good , you need it in Denver y'all get colder than an ice monster's balls

• @pmvines: Will do! Give yourself a couple hugs from us. πŸ«‚πŸ«‚

• Great stuff. I was talking to a cuddler once about how dating can be so different, and frankly more volatile than friendship or cuddling; there ARE so many expectations. I also want the companionship from cuddling, so that I wouldn't have to seek dating necessarily just to get that but also lose something or compromise something in the process.

Cuddlers don't ask what your astrological sign is, what your income is, what your love language and Meyers Briggs is, your concept of money, etc. Yada, yada, yada. K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid.

Glad you reconnected.

• edited September 2022

Thanks @cylee1180 . Its interesting, the difference in dynamics. So many opportunities for human connection gets lost in this kind of dance we do when trying to court somebody. Going out of our ways to look our best , be charming, be interesting, and win the person over before someone else comes along who is more impressive than we are. Fighting to win their acceptance and affection and love. It's a great game and we learn to love the struggle, but sometimes we want the relief of acceptance at first sight , common ground by default, and connection without complications.

• @pmvines - Yeah, I'm getting a headache thinking about it. Dancing, cuddling, etc. They are more chill.

• Thanks for sharing.

Reminds me when I got catfished by someone I knew, didn't turn out as well as this though.

• Awwwwwww LOVE THIS!!! πŸ₯°πŸ’•πŸ’—

I love when Old Friends become Cuddle Pals.......

And when Cuddle Pals become NEW FRIENDS!!!

• @pmvines This is one of the best threads ever. I personally believe that my my searches through much more dangerous venues in my younger days were primarily motivated by medicating feelings and yearning for connection and touch. I also feel that I patterned my actions according to expectations that belonged to the old patriarchy, and change for me began with developing compassion and awareness. Thank you for this!