Cuddlers who work with the public 🤔

Hello, I am completely new to this site and new to "cuddle services" in general. In the past, I have only cuddled with girlfriends, and the last time I cuddled with someone who wasn't my girlfriend, it was my mom (I was 9 😅)

ANYWAY, I am kind of nervous about cuddling with strangers. Not only because of the physical/emotional sensation, but because I work with the public and have clients who may or may not use this site.

Part of me has these thoughts in my mind..."what if one of my clients finds me on this site...will they think less of me? Will they stop working with me? Will we connect on another level and become closer?"

I know I'm probably overthinking things, but I wondered if anyone else ever had the same thoughts? This is the reason why I don't have my face as my public profile photo 🥺

Comments

• edited September 2022

I have clients. I find it impossible to believe any of them would discover me on a random website like this, and if they did it would be because they were interested in cuddling. (I have selected the privacy options in Settings.)

I have disclosed my anxiety diagnosis to a small number of clients when it was appropriate to do so, and always met with a positive response. If I ever got a seriously negative response for any of these things I would fire the client. Don't need people like that in your life. I would much rather die in a ditch lonely and starving than live in fear of clients.

I've only once had a marginally negative response to cuddling, and that person - a stranger - very quickly switched from negative to curious.

To answer the question, yes lots of people have similar thoughts. In many cases what's happening is that they are projecting their own unconscious negative feelings onto others, namely the clients.

• I have a “public facing” job and my involvement with platonic cuddling could be professionally embarrassing and potentially a distraction from my work.

Over the years, I have gone back and forth with how publicly “out” I am with regards to cuddling. I have adjusted my privacy settings to exclude me from public internet searches and my current profile does not have identifiable pictures. However, sometimes (when I’m feeling less paranoid) I post fully identifiable pictures. So, like I said, I go back and forth with this.

• @CuddleDuncan very true words, thank you. I'm sure this is something I'll get over once I get more experience and confidence with cuddling!

• @warm_embrace I'm the same way!

• Leaving your photos private is a good idea if you have any concerns. It will be more difficult to receive messages, but I'm sure if you're open to sharing with those you message it's fine. Many ppl on here do this.

I personally wouldn't want colleagues or clients to come across my profile yet I simply prefer a private life. It's unlikely for it to happen for various reasons but I do hold the same reservations when I make any profile online. It also depends on what you do I suppose (which you don't have to share). For instance, it's not professional for me to seek "connection on another level" with a client especially via physical touch/cuddling due to their diagnoses/goals. It will also hinder my ability to help them if the boundaries are blurred or if they deflect by becoming too focused on me/my life.

However, if your clients are just getting their hair cut from you then that's different and more likely perfectly fine if they see your profile. Like duncan says most ppl become curious as oppose to be negative about it. Revisit your company's policy if unable to determine a conflict of interest on your own.

Lastly, it is okay to be nervous. Everyone has nerves when trying something new especially if it involves meeting strangers. This is where messaging and video chatting come into play. If you're still unsure try someone else or reevaluate how cuddling can help you. Perhaps virtual cuddling would be a best place to start. Good luck!

• [Deleted User]Moxytocin (deleted user)

@warm_embrace I am exactly this way with my blog. I go through phases where I just put myself completely out there - my blog posts, creative writing, art, share things on FB, and then I have other phases where I'm like why the heck am I doing that?! And I make all of my posts private. I thought I was the only one who did things like that.

• @Vianca Thank you so much for your reassuring words! In my occupation, I don't think it would be TOO strange if my clients found out I'm into platonic cuddling. I know a few who I feel would appreciate it and not judge me for it, but as a professional there's always that doubt.

I'll hopefully have my first cuddle some time this week, so we'll see how I feel afterwards

• @Moxytocin I do the same thing 😂 I am currently in the "keep everything private" phase

@jbear36 I have thought many times in the past how lucky I am to be nobody and just be able to put things out there and then make them private versus celebrities and public figures who, the moment they put something out there like that it would be all over the place. Do you think there are famous people on a lot of websites like this but they sign up under fake names just to interact normally with normal people? Hmm. But yeah, how much you can freely put yourself out there really does depend on what your profession is or what your employer would think, even when you just have a personal profile on facebook.

• @Moxytocin I wonder the same thing about celebrities! My occupation has led me into making a YouTube channel and "business" pages on IG and Facebook, so even though I'm not a celebrity, I often feel that same obligation to keep my personal life/thoughts absolutely private.

@jbear36 But then again, I just remembered there are celebrities like Tommy Lee on Twitter... 🙄🐓

• One thing you can do is mute your account so you dont show up in searches . For example if someone went online and looked for people.on here in their area , your profile will pop up. However going to account settings and muting your account makes you not visible to the public .

• @JBearz its totally understandable! It’s quite an intimate thing, and for many people they’d rather keep it private. I can understand not wanting anyone and everyone to know. Of course I have pictures of myself on here because I’m a pro but I’m actually pretty selective about who I tell about it because people have some serious misconceptions and judgements about it. Other people don’t have to understand. It’s something that’s for you. Good luck with your first session this week! I hope it’s a positive and comforting experience for you 😇

• I don't understand what is "socially negative" or embarrassing about wanting a hug.

• I don't understand what is "socially negative" or embarrassing about wanting a hug.

Close your eyes and imagine Harvey Weinstein saying that. Or Matt Lauer.

I think that clears up some contextual conundrums.

• @FunCartel

Uh, what??? I simply referring to the natural human craving for physical affection, particularly those earlier posts weighing the consequences of a public cuddle profile vs. a private cuddle profile. That's all I was responding to.

Preview of a future forum thread:
    Tom2019: I don't understand what is so embarrassing about wanting something to eat.
    FunCartel: Jeffrey Dahmer liked to eat.

• edited September 2022

@Tom2019 it was a joke. Carry on.

But you are going to start a thread with something else you don’t understand?

Preview of a future forum thread:

Tom2019: I don't understand what is so embarrassing about wanting something to eat.
    FunCartel: Jeffrey Dahmer liked to eat.

Don’t do that. Just DM me and I will clear up anything you don’t understand.

• @Hathor thank you so much ☺️

Especially when payment is involved, the general public absolutely sees it as very strange and likely a front for prostitution.

Anyway, I'm also slightly paranoid about this.

I keep my profile set to be invisible to public visitors, and have no public profile pictures of myself. For me , that's plenty of security. It seems extremely unlikely anyone I know could identify me here.

• It seems extremely unlikely anyone I know could identify me here.

I dunno. The Romper Room teacher always seemed to be able to see everybody with the fake mirror. She saw me one time and said my first name. Never met her in my life.

• I've told colleagues, family, friends and nearly every date I've had, that I'm on here, and to most have said, "You'll 100% know it's me when you come across my profile &/or posts (even though I don't have a public pic of me showing)."

Only one has let me know they found me. But still fun~ ♡