Halloween Video Games - Whatcha Playin’?

edited October 2022 in General

I love Halloween and I love video games, so naturally I think October is the best month to play spooky games.

My favorite go-to Halloween-themed game is Costume Quest. I also plan of finishing Gylt before Stadia is shut down. As for horror games, I wanna play MADiSON, Visage, The Quarry, The Dark Pictures Anthology, and Bloodwash.

I’d love to know what games you plan on playing leading up to Halloween!

Comments

• edited October 2022

Trying to post a song from SoundCloud but it’s not displaying the way I want. Oh well.

• Short 20-second video of a mom driving her kid to a Halloween party. The expression on the kid's face is priceless...

• edited October 2022

@Tom2019 Oh I know that thumbnail… 😂🧟‍♂️

• I like playing the NES Castlevania games, but that’s probably more nostalgia than anything.

• edited October 2022

@zerocantaloupe omg yes they are great. Simon’s Quest was my fave of the three. Though I need to give Dracula’s Curse more love cause that’s the one I played the least.

• The Park. It's based on The Secret World/Secret World Legends, but you don't have to have played that to get what's going on. More just having played those will have some Easter Eggs for you in the game. Only one small part at the very end (in a cut scene) that wouldn't make sense.

• @BrianL Oh sweet, I hadn’t heard of that one. I’ll have to check it out!

• I've heard good things about Cult of the Lamb. Maybe I'll play that this season.

• @DaringSprinter oh woah that looks cool, and I love Devolver Digital. I def need to check that out!

• @Charlie_Bear: Right? Here's hoping we both like it!

• edited October 2022

This is a great forum topic!!

I dabbled in Dead by Daylight and the multiplayer Friday the 13th game during quarantine, which I enjoyed. I'm very jumpy about horror/spooky games though, so for something actually scary I prefer to watch a let's play lol. Amnesia was really fun that way.

What I'd really like to try though is games like The Quarry or Until Dawn, those like cinematic horror games, but you play them with another person as a couch co-op. Each person picks characters and tries to keep theirs alive while trying to kill off the other person's characters. It sounds like a blast but I've never gotten to try it!

• I love gaming, on anything.

I have zombies ate my neighbor on sega genesis, it is a great halloween game to split screen with someone 😌

Dead space series on Playstation is a personal favorite as well.

But for right now I'm playing arizona sunshine and the walking dead saints and sinners on PSVR

• @cogsandgears omg I love Dead By Daylight and Friday the 13th. I was having so much fun with F13, it’s such a shame about all the behind-the-scenes issues that neutered the game. I also love the cinematic games. My siblings and I played Until Dawn just as you described, swapping the controller when we died. So much fun! I’m hoping that is how the Dark Pictures Anthology games are.

@munkg I have my Sega Genesis hooked up and Zombies Ate My Neighbors on tap haha; such a fun game! I have to finish the Dead Space series, it pretty terrifying haha. Same with Aliens Isolation 🫣 And I have both of those games in VR! In Arizona Sunshine, when I got to that cave and could only rely on my flashlight, I swear I have never felt more immersed in a game. Horror games in VR are next level scary.

• @Charlie_Bear I didn't read the whole thread... have you tried Phantasmorphia?

• @stormydaycuddle I got it but haven’t played it yet! I NEED to get a group to play that, it looks like so much fun!

• edited October 2022

Zombies Ate My Phantasmania doesn't sound so scary... or realistic.

However, playing as the letter "A" and firing dots at deformed circles and squares keeps me on the edge of my seat!

https://freeasteroids.org

• I was playing various resident evil games for a while, like maybe a month or two, but this week switched to the Megaman X legacy collection 1 and 2. Finished getting a platinum trophy for the first one and now working on the second.

• @Charlie_Bear I meant Phantasmophobia or whatever that's called. Tried it once and it scared the daylights out of me.

• @Charliebear i played most of arizona sunshine on co-op. And i got stuck with the glow stick in the cave/mine so i know what you mean 🤣.

Callisto protocol looks promising 🤷🏽‍♂️

@Tom2019 asteroids 😮👍🏼

• @Tom2019 Hey I love asteroids, I’ll have to devote some time to that 😂

@CSnMUS87 omg yes, I have finished all of the resident evil games. I love that series. I have the mega man collections but I still have yet to play them!

@stormydaycuddle haha yeah I figured that’s what you meant. The alternative would have been Phantasmagoria, which I’ve also played 😂 Kinda unrelated but that makes we want to play The 7th Guest for the millionth time 😅

@munkg oh yeah I def wanna get The Callisto Protocol when it comes out.