Comments

• edited October 2022

I love that the second video is of a UFC fighter talking to a group of military men about crying every day and reaching out for help

• ❤❤❤❤

• I 💯 percent agree! Thank you for sharing!❤️🎉

• edited October 2022

Some of us women, too.

• @TheMidnightOwl agreed. This is aimed at men because of the ingrained notion that being a man means not facing your feelings or reaching out for help . But that does go for all genders as well.

• edited October 2022

I love to see stereotypically strong and powerful men tell other stereotypically strong and powerful men that it's ok to feel, cry, ask for help, be vulnerable, forgive, and love. Challenging gender stereotypes surrounding these things can transform ones definition of masculinity and strength, and in turn could save a life .

• Talking is the hardest thing to do but most often the thing that helps the most 💯 thank you for bringing this up very important thing to think about.

• edited October 2022

Oh I know, @pmvines. What I’m saying is some of us women were raised by men who taught us the same things, and thus struggle in the same ways. It took me decades to learn how to open up and it’s still a struggle. Which makes it hurt all the more when I do and am rejected or ignored, which happens quite often here in the forums while we’re on the subject.

• @SuperManCuddles you are very good example of a stereotypically strong and masculine man who practices empathy for your fellow humans, and serve as a good example to other men that being strong means letting yourself be vulnerable.

• I feel like I'm in that area of the Man cage too, @TheMidnightOwl. Thanks for making this thread, @pmvines. It's not easy to open up—especially when the results are bad so often. A little encouragement now and then is... appreciated. Mostly.

• edited October 2022

@TheMidnightOwl I know what you mean. And it's one reason why I like to tell people when I enjoy their posts. If you don't get feedback it's hard to know if you should continue posting. And I continue to enjoy yours BTW.

• edited October 2022

@TheMidnightOwl I hate that you have experienced that. I for one have always appreciated and admired you, and love that you are more than another voice stroking the ego of the echo chambers .

• @olydan I am glad that you are getting something positive from it

• @pmvines you da bomb. 💜

• @pmvines 💯🔥🎉Thank you very much, I appreciate your wonderful words!

• Depends who I'm talking to. Some I can completely open up to and some I won't say anything.

• edited October 2022

💯 Yes! 🙌🏽 So many generations of the systemic push to get men to "man up" or "be the strong one" it's time that we teach that they can let go, feel, share, and embrace what it means to be human. 🤗💗

• And then there are people like this

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRHG2TLG/

• @CuddleWho Yes, unfortunately people like that exist . But if you want to be well you have to ignore them . They will end up being the ones with emotionally unstable partners, and will end up leading very lonely lives .

• I love to see stereotypically strong and powerful men tell other stereotypically strong and powerful men that it's ok to feel, cry, ask for help, be vulnerable, forgive, and love.

@pmvines I do too. AND I love to see stereotypically strong and powerful men listen to stereotypically sensitive and gentle men, because they are just as worthy of respect in terms of how to be a man.

• edited October 2022

To other men and to woman professionals with confidentiality oaths, sure. But I'm probably not going to be able to have a true romantic relationship with a woman again because I don't think I can truly open up to a woman in a relationship ever again. Not after opening up to my wife and having it used against me later in such a brutal and knife-twisting way. After all that, I watch what women do rather than what they say with regards to what they want in a man.

• edited October 2022

@nurturingman well, yes, they are . All men should feel like it is ok to talk and be encouraged to open up and be vulnerable, regardless of who teaches it. There are of course those who will identify with others who are similar to them , and the stereotypical masculine man seems to be the hardest to reach when it comes to these things. So sometimes for them to comfortably mirror that vulnerability, it takes someone they identify with. And to see that makes me happy. I want to see more people in these strong , powerful, masculine roles teaching others that its ok to feel. But yes , as you said, men should learn from all types of men , or anybody for that matter regardless of gender..

• Thank you @pmvines and @achetocuddle for all the kindness you’ve both always shown. Sorry you understand this too, @DaringSprinter 🙁

• Talking doesn't help me.

• Same talking doesnt help me results does

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

My experience has been that being able to talk about it is important, but WHO I talk to about it far more important.

I learned the hard way to not show vulnerability to anyone but a very small, specific amount of people.

I say the hard way, because outside of two VERY longtime friends and a therapist, I have yet to share my pain or vulnerability without those things being used or held against me by the very people I shared them with.

I know that’s their problem far more than mine, but it still damaged relationships that were otherwise fine.

And, of course, it still hurts.

• @CharlesInWI My experience is similar. Talking doesn't do much for me either in most cases. It really matters who I'm talking to and what the specific objective is. The problem is that there is often an assumption that my emotions are somehow supposed to be the same as others. So if I am talking and I am not saying what people believe that a man SHOULD think, then there is backlash from the process of "opening up" It's not worth it when there are consequences while the desire to talk is not very high.