Am i too young?

edited October 2022 in General

I will be turning 19 in 4 days and i dont see anyone my age .

Comments

• Per the Ts&Cs, you have to be 18 to legally use the site.

• @zerocantaloupe Well yea but there is no one my same age range not even close everyone is at least 6+ years older than me :( i just dont want to put anybody in an uncomfortable situation.

• I get nervous for young people here cause I'm afraid they might get in a bad situation due to lack of life experience. When I was your age I would not have been able to tell that touch deprivation could be one of my problems and I should try a cuddle site for help. But you are not too young and there is nothing wrong or different about a really young person wanting to cuddle. There aren't a lot of super young people here, I don't think, but you can cuddle other ages if you like and lots of people here don't mind age difference. You tend to kinda forget that stuff when you are with a compatible person:)

I hope you get the info you are seeking. Best of luck here and IRL.

• @sethy - you are old enough to use the site, beyond that it is all up to you. Personally I wish there had been a site like this when I was 19 but that was back in the days of dial up modems and local bulletin board systems (basically a very early version of the Internet that was primarily known to nerds).

I know my life would be very different today if I had access to a site like this 30+ years ago, but your mileage may vary. Everyone hear had their own experience and journey so what is right for one person may or may not be right for someone else.

• edited October 2022

For cuddling other enthusiasts? Sure. However I strongly oppose young people cuddling with pros.

Dissenting opinion but intimacy for $$$ is not a healthy thing, the instant gratification of the transaction makes it too easy to develop into a negative behavior. Us old folks (sigh) have either the emotional maturity to compartmentalize/enjoy it for what it is, don't have any idea what we are doing and are super sucked into it, or do know exactly what we are doing but have decided eh why not. Young people should experience the ups and downs of real connection and intimacy before reaching for their wallet.

!!EDIT!!
    This is not a dig at pros, if anything it's just that pros are too darn good at their careers. The instant connection the second they walk in the room, the sole focus being on your comfort and relaxation, bypassing all awkwardness or poor conversations, and immediate breaking of the touch barriers. Setting a hell of a bar for anyone you meet out there in the real world.
    !!EDIT!!

Or you know.. you could go the Barney Stinson route:

(Sorry, binge watching How I Met Your Mother)

• I just turned 20, so no I don't think so.

• @tacpmurg I agree and it doesn't sound like a diss at pros. I think connecting in real life first is way better even if you are like me when I was 19 and not having any luck at all. Cuddling too young would not be a bell you could unring:) Sure are glad you posted tacp and worded it so well.

• I could not have cuddled at 18 or 20. It would have been a mistake and I was mature for my age. Please take you time and note how many people get banned on the forum or on your sent messages. Or wear me out with questions in a DM.
    Please make safety a priority. Always listen to your gut.

• @tacpmurg - I would tend to disagree with you. @sethy - I'm afraid that you will probably need to look toward the professionals. They are prohibited from . discriminating by age. Many. or even most female enthusiasts are likely to be suspicious of such a young cuddler. This is likely to be true of the younger women or girls.

Unlike professionals, enthusiasts are free to discriminate against anybody. I have just the opposite problem. I'm 81, and get replies to roughly 1 out of 25 messages that I send out, and of the replies that I do ger, most are just to tell me that they prefer younger men.

If you do decide to aim for the enthusiasts, send out a lot of messages, and be prepared for a long wait.

• Just be cautious. Is people taking advantage everywhere.

• Welcome to young adulthood. Enjoy this Rollercoaster of a time period and maybe cuddling will be comforting.

• @sethy Take your time with this and please be cautious and protected.

• @sethy - I hope you’ve heard the number of people who’ve said no, you are old enough to be here.

I am going to share some other unsolicited advice.
    1. You can and should be thoughtful about how your actions impact peoples comfort. But resist the urge to try to anticipate peoples comfort with who you are.

You are 19. Anyone who clicks on your profile can see that. You don’t have to apologize for that. If they are willing to cuddle you, that’s great. If not, that’s okay too. But that’s in your control so try not worry about it.

1. I agree with some of @tacpmurg message. As a 19 year old guy I struggled with intimacy, communication, and boundaries. And while it’s possible a site like this would’ve helped me. I think it’s more likely that a site like this would have been a too easy, too convenient escape from doing the awkward, and at times painful, but really necessary work of figuring this out without this closed community. So even though I do not have the same issues as @tacpmurg about cuddling with pros overall, I would suggest avoiding it for a while.
  • @jetblack Good point and well-worded.
    @Opulence Yep.
    @sethy Lots of good advice all over this thread. It's good if you can look at yourself and see what applies. If you can't, give yourself a good think before proceeding. Everyone here just wants you to have all the info and make the decision that's right for you:)

• Get out there and take your lumps with the opposite sex. Transactional intimacy with a woman pales in comparison to a real relationship.

• edited October 2022

Huh... Seems to me that learning how to navigate the platonic waters of cuddling whether with pros, or enthusiasts, would serve one well in the long run... no matter the age they come into it.

Don't we all want for a culture full of adults who understand boundaries and consent? Or the creation and maintaining of a safe, intimate space? Who can fully appreciate the gift of recieving and giving of nurturing touch? Who can handle being told, 'no I don't like that' as well as how to say, 'no I don't like that'?

Because I do!!

I say go for it as early as possible! There's no reason that people need to go through the mess of real world relationship traumas, and years of subsequent woes, just to have to work at righting themselves later on as they come to realize that all along they've been just as worthy and capable of sharing affection as everyone else.

@sethy ~ I really don't see how this wouldn't benefit you in the long run. I mean, I've read the above comments that aren't so encouraging but, I don't agree that just because you're young, you aren't ready.

You know you best and only you can answer if you're ready to be here. Whatever your decisions for yourself moving forward, I wish you the ability to listen to your gut and act accordingly, and I wish you the best of life's learning experiences too!!

edited typo

• It is not really a matter always of chronological age . What matters more with this sort of thing is emotional maturity, and whether you are equipped to navigate with platonic intimacy in an adult and mature fashion , and whether the topics that so many people who are in various age brackets bring up as being issues (flip through the forums and you will see many reoccurring topics and themes) are topics that you are emotionally equipped to deal with.

• @sethy Take your time. Be thoughtful. Read the forums, and after reading reach out to people who you seem to jive with here in the forum should you have questions or need some support. Also, reach out to others in your community you might like to meet and cuddle no matter the age and start a conversation. Conversation and meeting for coffee or the like can be a great way to start and see if you feel compatible with someone. Best of luck to you.

• @sethy Dress up for your profile pic. It works for me.

• @sethy - @FunCartel had a very good idea, It will make you look more mature, which might get you a few extra replies.

• @sethy You are not too young and it’s good that you realize your needs for platonic affection/found this site earlier than most people. Had my first cuddle when I was 19 and had many more since then, despite not finding this site until my early 30s! You are off to a great start! Some keys are to keep positive energy, encourage mutual respect of boundaries, attempt to get to know others through communications (messaging and or phone/video chat) and if you decide to meet cuddlers (use your best judgement/evaluation skills). I wish you well!

• At 19 I seem to remember only caring about one thing and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t platonic cuddling lol

• @sethy you are absolutely NOT to young f ok r this site. Just give it time and you are going to be in business very soon.

• I kinda wish I started at age 19!

• edited October 2022

There are a lot of people older than you here, yes—but that doesn't make you too young for this site. Only being 17 or younger does that. If you're uncomfortable cuddling folks as "ancient" as, say, me... well, you can filter by age on the search page (and you can broaden the distance of the search; that can help too).

I'd encourage you to consider cuddling people older than you, though: there are a lot of them here, and just as snuggly as the younger ones. Widening your field gives you more opportunities. It's worth considering.

• Age is just a number, please don't feel as though you shouldn't be on this site because of your age.
    Everyone needs cuddles regardless if ur 19 or 60. I've had young clients before and they have all been such beautiful souls.

• I agree with mexridge88 I have cuddled 18 to 80 and all a memorable experience

• I have seen a number of pros listed who are in the 21-23 range.