Mental Health

How has cuddling helped you with your mental health. I think its a healthy alternative like excercise. Better than weed or alcohol . Let me know your thoughts

Comments

• edited October 2022

It feels good for a while, but then the depression just sets back in after a few hours...

I mainly use it when I'm feeling particularly bad.

• I forget about all the stresses of life when I am cuddling. It's an escape and much better than any drug

• It's done wonders for my self worth.

• Its better for anxiety I know that. My nerves feel better

• Cuddling tunes out the chaos in my head.

• Joining this amazing community has taught me wonders about accepting, and feeling accepted. It's a beautiful thing.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• My first cuddle has brought me a sense of joy that I forgot existed I can't wait to see what else is going to come. Suffering from depression and anxiety I can say that it was very difficult to get past it to make a booking but now I feel free and happy this has been a great thing for me and I've received a great amount of support from the community which has helped me alot.

• [Deleted User]Viy011 (deleted user)

It has helped momentarily, I won't say I'm depressed but it does get lonely at times when you far away from your folks or family. So having someone who can rant to or cuddle with or physically touched does help in some ways

• edited October 2022

It is a great help, it reminds you how to be happy.

• Cuddle therapy helped me when I was very low and the cuddle therapist I saw was a very good listener and it was nice to smile and laugh again. Perhaps it helped me to be more compassionate. However I have had dips during breaks from cuddle sessions, so it's important to work on confronting issues that may contribute to stress or depression. Cuddle therapy helped me until the time that I was strong enough to deal with the main barriers to wellbeing in my life.

• I’m with @SunsetSnuggles (I call her sunset 🌅)

• more than just the cuddles, this community has been such an amazing experience & escape 🌌
  • Just remember folks that cuddling is not going to make all of your issues disappear magically, no matter how wonderful a session is. But it can certainly be a great tool that helps with feelings of loneliness, anxiety, stress and more. Use it as one tool in your mental health toolbox.

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV.

• @jimboslice5014
    2 thoughts immediately came to mind when I read your question.

The first is that I have a very active mind and it is extremely difficult for me to “turn it off,” especially when I am physically relaxing alone. The only times I can really quiet my mind is in meditation (especially in a float chamber) or during a cuddle. During a cuddle I am so flooded with tactile sensations that I am 100% present in the moment with my cuddle partner that I can shut down all thoughts of work and other projects I have going on in my life.

My second thought is that I am extremely confident in my professional life but I used to be insecure in my personal life due to some significant negative life experiences. Cuddling, especially with enthusiasts, has restored my self confidence and feelings of self-worth.

• edited October 2022

Interesting.