Cuddling in public.......

How/where do you do it?

My first thoughts would be at a park or a movie theater, but are there any other public cuddles you guys have had? Do you just cuddle or do you do other activities?

I live in Florida, so the thought of cuddling someone outside is........sweaty. It's a sweaty thought.

Comments

• I've cuddled at a public library. She was very shy about it and we moved to my place pretty quickly; but I definitely recommend it.

Libraries are lovely places to cuddle: quiet, lots of comfy places to sit, and of course there are books.

• @JBearz

I live in Florida, so the thought of cuddling someone outside is........sweaty. It's a sweaty thought.

🤣🤣

• @DaringSprinter That's actually a really good idea, never thought about a library. It's been so long, I forgot how relaxing libraries are.

@CuddleDuncan It's true 😂

• I know Florida has some awesome aquariums. Watching fish is so peaceful and seems like it would be a great place to publicly cuddle.

• Rooftop bar, the club lol.

• "I live in Florida, so the thought of cuddling someone outside is........sweaty. It's a sweaty thought."

Wow that's a good point I think, I was kinda considering relocating there. Though I guess I gotta really think about it more lol. Maybe at a drive in movie, sitting in the back of 'your' pickup truck that's been made comfy for a side by side sitting.

• @JBearz and @Hannie868: Yay! Public libraries are such great places, and most of them could really use more traffic. I love spending time in libraries, and just hanging out in them and reading their books helps them stay open so I can keep doing that. Win-win.

• Books, snacks and cuddles sounds perfect

• @JBearz I live in Florida from November to April and I do public cuddles all the time. I r usually find a nice shaded park and lay down a blanket. We play some tunes and just snuggle and talk, or have a picnic. There’s also a beach near me that has a nice forest overlook for bird watchers and has some benches strewn throughout. Lots of cute little places to be comfy and in the shade 😊

• yeah, get kicked out of the library cuddling, I dont know what library you been to but they dont allow touching and hugging in libraries like cuddling? Maybe a book store or something..but you want to pay 100 an hour to ready books together? That is fine, but you wont get a real cuddle from it

• Does the library charge by the minute if the cuddle is long overdue?

• Out door cuddles are always weather permitting, but it can be beautiful. I love beach cuddles. You can build a nest against the dunes or jetties and watch the sunset or stargaze. I bought a little pop up tent for the purpose but havent needed it.

• @wrench: It is pretty great to sit side by side, arms around each other, each holding one side of whatever book you're reading. Or... the Grand Junction library had these beanbag chairs that were great for cuddling—one person can go in the other one's lap (teens seemed to like doing that).

Snacks don't typically mix with libraries, though. For that, it's best to check some books out and cuddle elsewhere, so the librarians aren't on the edge of panic every time you take a bite or sip.

• @DaringSprinter There are some snacks that are allowed depending on the library, though I wouldn't wanna be too in their face with it still. Cause yeah most people don't have them and if more people see it, then there could be highly irresponsible people trying to snack and ruining for everyone. So I usually just have a little something once in a while relatively quickly if I get too hunger and staying for a bit more. Or too far from my dwelling, etc. Sometimes I might have a snack or a meal outside the library, so that could be an option.

• @FunCartel lol that took me a while to get.

• Yes movies, parks, the beach. I never thought of the library but that sounds like a great suggestion!

During the summer there were a ton of drive-in movies and I have a SUV so pulling in backwards, opening my trunk, laying the seats down, and having blankets at the ready with pillows and snacks, that was a lot of fun and even better you could choose to turn the volume down on your radio so it could be like a silent movie and relaxing.

• @FunCartel an aquarium cuddle sounds nice and relaxing.

• edited November 2022

I cuddled on a blanket spread over grass in a park, which was nice, but I learned something after I picked the fleece blanket off the grass: if your blanket doesn't have a smooth waterproof backing, burrs will get stuck in the fleece, and they're a bitch to get out. When I cuddled on the grass at the St. Louis meetup I used something I highly recommend: a foot-pump air mattress

• I quite enjoy public cuddles. Some ideas:
    1. restaurant - you might want to look for pictures on google to see if there are bench seats
    2. boardgame cafe - can be good for someone who is nervous about meeting someone new; the games can be an icebreaker and something to fill awkward silence
    3. mall - should have lots of good places to sit, and snacks
    4. car - doesn't have to be a truck or SUV to be comfy; a couple of throw pillows and a blanket can be helpful
    5. aquarium - @FunCartel I have cuddled at an aquarium, and can confirm that it was lovely to sit and snuggle and watch the fishies go by. We hadn't been planning to cuddle, but ended up sitting there for a really long time because it was such a peaceful experience.
    7. library? - I've thought about library cuddles before, but for some reason the comfy places to sit at my local libraries are only one-person seats. :(

• edited November 2022

Yes, in a park for a picnic (when it’s not hot lol). Stargazing in a car/truck bed. Movie theater. Lots of good suggestions on this thread.