Why is there no ID verification/background check process for pros?

edited November 2022 in General

Kinda frustrating to see lots of new profiles with quasi-fake looking pics either never respond to your messages and never accrue any karma for months, or end up being crazy catfishes. Just unsettling to me for "pros" to not have to go thru at least an ID check since this is very similar to a job, especially at $100 an hour. Would love to hear an explanation as to why this hasn't been started yet.

Folks, when people post about Pros that come off like backhanded rhetoricals, consider flagging them. Flag their accounts. These types of people are not on here to create community - they're here to be their version of right, they're not reading the forum rules, and they invariably create personal attacks and obnoxious "snowflake" and "libtard" insults. I appreciate the community calling it out on the threads, and keep flagging them, please. [-Sid]

Comments

• Seems like i don’t know the current process of pros becoming pro. Please explain how the current screening process would allow this to happen? Could it be that you are reaching out to profiles that have shown inactivity for years? Why would you reach out to a profile whose picture is obviously fake?

• Ah. Another thread where pros have to legitimize their existence. Im listening...

• Ah, yeah. Especially when I'm inviting someone into my house...where there are keys laying around to multiple $100,000+ vehicles. I would just love to have someone over that joined 2 days ago, has zero feedback and nobody has ever heard or could verify who they are. Now, don't get me wrong, the second anyone tries to do something with those keys (or any other trickery), they will be very sorry. But that's not what I was getting at here.

• For starters, women cuddlers might worry about stalkers and other unhealthy boundaries and dynamics by giving out all the info. In my experience, some give you a burner number or Google voice number bc they want to keep some degree of safety - they even have alerts from friends in case they don't hear back by a certain time.

Women do fear invasion of privacy and even worse sexual assault or violence with w every time they meet a strange man. Many women don't even like living in a first floor apartment for that reason.

I do feel pros should be upfront and transparent with their information, just like clients should fill out intake forms that include basic name, address, contact info, and payment method like what would occur at any massage, chiropractic, or doctor's office. I think that's a fair trade.

• Sir, I’m not sure I’m thinking we are having the same conversation. I thought the subject was why aren’t pros verified by I’d or something. My respond was how do you know they don’t? Also how do you think there procedure missed?

• edited November 2022

@thatsteveguy

Funny you made no mention of men needing to be verified. The ones who pose a real threat. Pros get catfished and worse.

If you're not getting a response, move on. She's either not interested, hasn't seen your message since notifications can be spotty , or hasn't logged in for months. Does it feel nice to get a reply? Yes. Are you entitled to one? No.

Don't focus on the new pros, book ones who are active with genuine karma, you can tell. You can sort by price eliminating those not in your budget.

Especially when I'm inviting someone into my house...where there are keys laying around to multiple $100,000+ vehicles.

Hide your damn car keys then and while you're at it, maybe don't brag about your expensive toys to complete strangers online who are not verified.

Female pros here take a much greater risk than men here ever will.

If all pros are need to be verified then so do all members before they are able to message anyone. This costs money. Who will pay for that? Everyone. Now the site is a paid site. This will push all the enthusiasts who have been here for years hoping to mutually meet other enthusiasts out.

It should be an option. Mandatory? No.

• I'm all for verification for BOTH sides. I guess i should have mentioned this. I got absolutely nothing to hide, lets go lol

• @thatsteveguy you're complaining about your selection when you have almost 160 Pro's that have been active within the last week within a 50 mile radius of your city? There isn't even that many cuddlers in my state.

Instead of bitchin and throwing out this "oh it's so hard being rich" attitude, how bout you spend some time and browse and get to know the people in your area and as was already said, don't go spouting off about all your $100k cars and toys you have unless all you want are gold diggers and scammers coming at ya.

• There is a lot of hostility in this thread, the guy just asked why there isnt a verification process. He never mentioned man or woman. Guy mentions a few cars and you all get pissed off. Just calm down

• This is classic Orange County not only in California (Where I live) but now in Orange County Florida. Just calm down? I'm falling over dead laughing.

• @lsuhugger I agree. The hostility level is ridiculous. However, I will say that it really doesn’t matter if pros are verified or not, because pros are independent contractors, and like contractors you hire in other fields it is buyer beware. This means there is some vetting responsibility on the client.

• @PeopleLikeUs I'm not sure what's funny about asking people to act with some civility. Then again, that is asking for a lot these days, apparently. Even on a site where people are supposed to be cuddly and friendly. Now that's funny.

• Funny and ostentatious, I agree.

• I mean I’m not afraid to live my life and don’t give a horses ass what anyone thinks of it. It’s got nothing to do with the cars that was just an example. Maybe just my house in general I wouldn’t invite some random stranger with no feedback or any kind of verification whatsoever. Just because it says “pro” under their profile. May as well be inviting a homeless person in you picked up off the street (which by the way, im SURE one of you would do…)

• @thatsteveguy So you came out here to compare women to homeless people? Seriously. Btw, I know you don't give a horse's ass, but cigar smoke? Bad idea. That's in part why they're not responding.

• Rezz makes a good point ... I would add that the site verifying someone's ID wouldn't prevent someone from not responding to you. Pros are not mandated to respond to everyone who writes them. For that matter, I can think of other social sites that require a credit card number before you can interact that are packed full of fake profiles and scammers. If you are concerned about the risk of theft, etc., from having a stranger come into your house, you can lock up your valuables before they arrive or simply consider whether inviting a stranger in is the right thing for you in the first place.

• Systems like that cost money and this is a free website

• [Deleted User]SoulParaTodos (deleted user)

So, what is the process of becoming a pro cuddler on CC? What are the requirements?

Same as becoming a driver for Lyft or similar services, they carry total strangers to places and these strangers also have no idea who is driving behind the wheel. It goes both ways.

I created an acct here and let’s just say I’m a criminal. How does CC track that? It’s really too unregulated really.

I think there should be background checks both ways. For my protection and yours. CC is too liberal in my opinion.

• @SoulParaTodos Considering the number of guys on here who bridle at the thought of showing any part of their ID to a pro they want to hire, my guess is the site would empty out.

• @thatsteveguy did something happen recently with a cuddler? Because you have had many karma from professional cuddlers so you felt comfortable with them. Also a good idea would be to not include the photo of your sports car if you’re worried about possible thieves. Best of luck!

• Hey @thatsteveguy, a suggestion -- if you're not comfortable bringing a pro to your home (especially for the first visit), get a hotel room. I've done that, and I'm just a poor slob without even ONE $100,000 car in my garage. :smirk:

• @thatsteveguy ,

If you have that much money, why not require any pro you are looking to hire to submit to a background check that you are paying for?

For me, I'll just take my chances, though I'm sure most pros are probably more concerned about their own safety meeting me for the first time than I am meeting them for the first time.

• Both sides should 100% be vetted.

• If all these people want background checks and people being vetted and verified, why not go to the other sites where you have to pay. This is a free site and should stay that way. I would prefer my money to go towards cuddling and not fees.

• Why is there no ID verification/background check process for pros?

Kinda frustrating to see lots of new profiles with quasi-fake looking pics either never respond to your messages and never accrue any karma for months, or end up being crazy catfishes. Just unsettling to me for "pros" to not have to go thru at least an ID check since this is very similar to a job, especially at $100 an hour. Would love to hear an explanation as to why this hasn't been started yet.

Translation: It is very upsetting to me that the pros I really want to book with don’t respond to me, and some of the pros I have booked with look nothing like they do in their pics …. Why can’t CC verify that they actually look like the pics in their profile, especially if I’m paying Atleast $100.00 an hour.

Ps. I’m not even gonna get into your profile and bio, I’m gonna spare that! 😉

• edited November 2022

@thatsteveguy says - Now, don't get me wrong, the second anyone tries to do something with those keys (or any other trickery), they will be very sorry.

I get it that you are well off. But if you are wondering why you don't get responses, it's probably this attitude which comes through in your introductions. Heck, I don't want to go to any fancy home where I could be held responsible if something unrelated happens - not to cuddle, not for a party, not for anything. Especially if I know the owner has this worldview.

• I am on another cuddle site where they have background checks for everyone. It's not the solution you think it is. They take a much higher percentage of my pay (40% rather than the 15% on here), they steal your tips, I receive far fewer inquiries, and the messages that I do receive are nearly always from someone creepy without a photo asking for non-platonic services.

Cuddle Comfort is the best platform of its kind, in my opinion, and I'd like to keep it that way. Background or ID checks don't magically make people safe. You should proceed with the same amount of caution you would any stranger. I personally enjoy meeting people in public first to decide whether they're worth the risk or not.

• Ps. I’m not even gonna get into your profile and bio, I’m gonna spare that! 😉

Oh, you made me go look. Yeah, if I was a woman, that profile would make me keep on looking elsewhere lol

• Thabk you for that insight @bekah_cuddles . I habe been on other cuddle sites as well (as an enthusiast) and I agree even from websites where background check is mandatory things are much better here on cuddle comfort. Its nice to know i am not alone in the thought The pros outnweigh the cons even with professional cuddlers with cuddlecomfort.com

This discussion has been locked.