Anybody reading anything particularly good?

I'm still so intrigued by the "each person reading their own book" cuddle

Comments

• @GreyingBear Not me. I prefer my cuddle partner and I be on the same page. Removes a lot of awkwardness.

• Love this! I enjoy reading books and comparing notes during a cuddle…or even reading aloud if my cuddler wishes me to :)

• edited November 2022

This is a great read which I'm reading now. So relevant to what we all talk about here!

• @RadiantHugs I just put Together on my request list at the library. Thanks for posting. I also have a book called Platonic on my list.

• edited November 2022

@achetocuddle "Platonic" by Marissa Franco? That sounds a really fun read! I'll put it on my queue too. Next on my queue though is "The Myth of Normal" by Gabor Maté. It was also recommended to me by @HealingPartner

• @RadiantHugs Yes, that Platonic:) And now the The Myth of Normal is on my list.

• I'm slowly getting through "On Lisp" by Paul Graham. http://www.paulgraham.com/onlisp.html

• Trying to finally take a stab at the last two book in the Dresden Files series.

• How often do you run across an actor who understands and loves their character so much that they write a whole book in-character?

I come back to this one every so often, and enjoy it a little differently every time. Garak is a sneaky, dangerous SOB... but dang if he doesn't have a whole heck of a soft side, even after everything he's been through.

In my humble opinion, he's better than James Bond.

• @zerocantaloupe: A fellow fan? Delightful! A Stitch in Time gives some very interesting backstory. Of course it's probably not entirely true (you know what Garak's like), but sometimes a person's lies tell you more about them than even the truth would; the story Garak tells in this book says some fascinating things about who he is.

• @DaringSprinter Reminds me of the episode:

• @zerocantaloupe: The first time I watched that episode (at 16, I believe), I said that line a second before Garak did. I didn't expect him to say it too! I laughed for a while, and my family was annoyed.

• @calintz the Dresden Files are an amazing series, wish it didn't end lol.

• @KamikaziNinja86: I can't bring myself to read Battle Ground. So long as I don't know how it ends, I can kid myself that it keeps going.

• I am rereading The Wisdom of Life, by Arthur Schopenhauer.

• I’m half way through “Future Babble: Why Expert Predictions Are Worth Next to Nothing” by Dan Gardner. An excellent read!

• Yes, "Together" and the "Myth of Normal" are both amazing books. "Platonic" is on my "to read" list at the library too. Good information as I work on creating a healthy culture around me and heal myself of chronic illness. @achetocuddle @RadiantHugs

• In an attempt to meet more folks & read more I joined three in-person bookclubs and one virtual. So many books!
    The most recent I would recommend were “Stay and Fight” by Madeline Ffitch (fiction) and “The Ten Thousand Doors of January” by Alix E. Harrow (fantasy).

And also two non-bookclub reads:
    “Attached: The new science of adult attachment…” by Amir Levine & Rachel S.F. Heller (non-fiction) and
    “HP Lovecraft’s The Call of Cthulhu for the Beginning Reader” by R.J. Ivankovic
    (an historically accurate account with Dr. Suess style illustrations). 😆

• edited November 2022

the saint of steel by ursula vernon - an order of paladins go bezerk after they feel their god die - this is a year? after where a group of priest - the order of the rat take them in - the paladins are scared what they might do to themselves or others - to me it’s a great premise as we all need that nurture

• I am currently on book 12 of the sci-fi series Expeditionary Force 🤓

• More like 'just read' but Genesis by Chris Carter, the 12th book in the Robert Hunter series. Easily one of the best!

• The Works of Henry David Thoreau.