Cuddling and body language

[Deleted User]Cater2you (deleted user)
edited November 2022 in General

Would love to read how you read other people's body language or microexpressions. Thankyou...

Comments

• If you're talking about getting familiar with a person's microexpressions and the subtleties of their personal body language: sure, I've cuddled my partner enough for that. I've got a feel for him, one might say (and him for me). We can each tell if the other's uncomfortable or tired or wants to switch positions or whatever.

If you're talking about anything supernatural, I'll just excuse myself from the conversation. That's fun in fiction and all, but I live in reality.

• All right, that makes far more sense.

Well, when you're cuddling, your body is up close and personal with another body—and given time, you start to register which twitches indicate what things.

I used to do martial arts, so that's the comparison I'm going to draw: you know how a master can tell how their opponent is about to move based purely on tiny muscle movements? This is like that, but friendly. You can feel their muscles tense, or relax. Even the tiniest movements, you register on some level, and the pattern-seeking part of your brain remembers what usually follows those movements.

Given enough experience, you don't even think about it. You know what each muscular twitch (or combination thereof) means.

It makes for a very comfortable cuddle.

• If their entire body tenses up, it probably means they're about to pass gas.

• @zerocantaloupe: Actually, with me it's just the stomach.