Time wasters

You know this is supposed to be a cuddle site where you can get relief from stresses and whatnot you know even if it's just talking to people but a lot of people forget this is another way of earning money for some people who cannot earn money with a normal job for whatever reason and so when you all come on here and you time waste that is wasting our time and our money and I get tired of it and so do the other pros and we talk So if you're just going to be a time waster you may as well just leave the site.

Comments

• If someone is booking appointments with you and then not showing up or canceling at the last second, report them.

• I know what you mean. My cuddles are free and still deal with time wasters. Act like their interested (because they love your attention and or game playing) but never quite get to around to meeting or cuddling. It’s not fun but many other quality people on the site!

• Well I have a list going and it will be added to

• edited November 2022

• Nicely vented, @Mama_Bre. 🙂

They don't bother me here, but I've been subjected to them in the past. It's very frustrating.

Some of them know exactly what they are doing. They genuinely get a kick out of deliberately wasting a stranger's time.

• Yea I understand shit happens last minute but still
    I cuddle to help people but time wasters make that hard to do. When I waste time with them when I could be helping someone else. Just makes me mad 😡

• You can report all you want about ppl not showing up for the session canceling last minute the site won't do nothing why because it's not a violation of the site's policy the same goes for time wasters,ppl that ghost you ppl that don't respond to their messages whether it's the pro doing it or the enthusiast..all you can is block them or put a karma in their profile for being a no show and that will let other pros and/or enthusiasts know that this person is not reliable. That's pretty much all you can and if your a newcomer expect it more frequently best of luck

• Well then the site should make them pay the fee for the session not the pro

• If the site can look at all our messages then they should see who is in the wrong

• I just block time wasters. There's a lot of them.

• @Mama_Bre if the client simply does not turn up for the session then you don't have to pay the fee. There is a system for that, although I don't know exactly what it is. You should also leave Karma describing politely and fairly what happened.

• edited November 2022

I had someone who let me drive 50 minutes on direction just to drop at the last second he didn't have a spot for us to cuddle.

If we're coming to you....I can't believe I need to say this......we're not hosting....

Luckily he gave me $50 for gas, but I drive a V8.... That barely covered gas and wasted two hours in a time slot that somebody else wanted actually a couple of somebody else's....

I left him a four-star review because he did give me gas money but now that I'm reconsidering things it kind of wish I gave him a tour of three I was just worried about him giving me bad karma for doing exactly everything that I said I would...

• Probably should have given you more than just gas but also travel time or even the whole fee.

• edited November 2022

Cuddling works for me only if I feel the other person is sympathetic and kind. That is hard to judge from a brief online description, so some interaction with potential clients has to be expected. And, if the pro projects the attitude of “I’m in this for the money and don’t want to waste time chatting,” (even if that is unintentional) I could imagine a high percentage of potential clients turning into No Thanks no-longer potentials and walking away from the table.

Sure, sadistic types who get a kick out of interfering with the lives of others do exist. But I would not place that number excessively high. Sometimes, one has to accept rejection: so the other person didn’t like the vibe; so what? No business venture makes a sale every time somebody inquires about their product. Folks “kicking the tires” is a cost of doing business, and a legitimate one.

• @interplanetary0 oh no wth is wrong with some people. Why would you book a session if you didn't have a location to begin with. Baffling. You can change the rating of karma any time you like 👍

• @Mama_Bre I hear ya. Do you get a deposit once the session is booked? I know some enthusiasts on this site might not agree with deposits but there are plenty of enthusiasts who have no problem with sending the deposit. Both our time is valuable.

I have seen a pattern that the the ones who immediately message me their phone number or set a cuddle session way out in the future with no details or even a picture have no desire to meet in person.

If you are taking your communication off the website after a confirmed booking and then they cancel, you might want to consider keeping your messages on the site.

• edited November 2022

@BradB everything you say is true, but that's not what we are talking about in this thread. Tyre-kickers are no problem - they come, they kick, they leave or book. And you're right, the number of truly malicious types is relatively modest.

But we are talking about the ones in between. They don't really mean any harm, but they are lonely (or something) and just want to prolong the conversation as long as possible. They are never going to have the courage/money/whatever to book a session. So they half-pretend they will, then 3/4 pretend, then 7/8 pretend, and so on. Some get cornered into booking a session, and then don't turn up because they never would, but neither do they have the wherewithall to cancel it. They aren't malicious, but they are selfish and harmful.

• @Mama_Bre if I’m not mistaken you have a couple of hrs after the session was supposed to occur to cancel. I’ve had to do it for no/shows or things coming up. You should not be charged a fee as long as you go back and let the system know the session didn’t occur.

• Not a pro, but my time is important to me and as such, respect other people's time. I understand some people get their jolly's in harming others (in this case, time and Seratonin) I just don't understand the drive behind it.

Of course, this is aside from the fact that life likes to throw curve balls... Perhaps what was an ideal location to host had a surprise visitor and suddenly became unavailable. Just playing devil's advocate.

Seems genuine since gas was paid.

• Sometimes time wasting is such a subjective description that it is hard to tell whether it is being done .

For example , I just got back from a week long trip to Chicago . I added it as a second location. Several folks reached out to me to say hi, and hope I have a good time , etc. A little casual small talk etc. One pro, however, very friendly, reaches out to me to say hi, loves my profile etc. over a couple of days there were several messages exchanged, all small talk and light hearted banter , nothing exhaustingly detailed. Then she finally asks if I'm interested in booking a session. I told her politely thanks but I'm currently up to my eyeballs in cuddles and not in need of hiring a cuddler but thank you , I've enjoyed conversing, just am focusing on visiting family and enjoying the city. That ended up being the last time I heard from her. So in her opinion, I dont know , perhaps I could have been seen as a possible time waster ? Mind you she contacted me first ,the conversations were consensual , and at no point did we talk about the site or cuddling until she point blank asked me . So I dunno , when I hear the term time waster I do take that with a grain of salt.

• @CuddleDuncan Good point. I can see how, multiplied by a certain number, these prolonged tire-kickers could become tedious and a drain on resources. I am not a pro, but my guess is that there are some cues or prompts that would project “please dial or get out of the phone booth” (to use a now-thoroughly-obsolete idiom! Lol) without alienating too many potential cuddlers. As in so many facets of adult life, success or failure comes down to having good timing and the right demeanor. But, overall, I agree that one can’t expect pros to give customers egregious amounts of uncompensated time.

• You would have to prove to the site that the session didn't occur if you dont cancel in advance before the session is going to happen youll be charged by the site as if you did have a session the site doesn't know if you actually did or did not have a session,they go by you didn't cancel the session so in there eyes you owe that 15% now I could be wrong, if any pros out there had this experience then we all ears to listen how it really goes

• Also if you forget to cancel in the allotted time:

I forgot to cancel a session, how do I stop the fee?
    In this case we ask you allow the fee to be charged and then reply to the email receipt requesting a refund. In that email, please mention the usernames of both you and the client.

In future, you must cancel a session either by clicking 'Cancel Appointment' or 'Session did not occur' in the green panel above the conversation with the client. Alternatively, you can also cancel via the bookings section.

• This site shouldn't have "pros" imo... there is a clear division between "I want to cuddle because I enjoy the connection".... and.... "If you talk to me but don't book a paid session with me either stop wasting my precious time or you owe me money because I'm struggling financially"... people may not like my opinion, especially pros... but there are dozens of sites dedicated to pro cuddling... and as far as i'm aware this is the only one with an enthusiast section... and it should be dedicated to that.

Pros feeling entitled to money does not go well with other people, some of whom don't have anybody to even talk to let alone cuddle with. The fact that someone even has the privilege to charge money to give cuddles completely goes over the heads of some people. Remove the money element out of it.

• @CuddleDublin you are entitled to your opinion but speaking as as “Pro” I don’t have to be struggling financially to want to be compensated for my time.

Everywhere you look there will be someone who is paid to do something they love.

If I choose to cuddle someone for free…that is MY choice

If I choose to charge that is MY choice

I talk to several people on this site and don’t charge anything but if I wanted to I could. Why? Because just as you feel “Pros” shouldn’t feel entitled to money, I could say that a stranger shouldn’t feel entitled to my time, emotional support, or personal space.

• Ah yes, pple upset at pros bc they exist again. It's your money, you have a choice to consume or not. Pros have a right a charge for a service. (*Sarcasm in meme appears larger than reality.)

• @CuddleDublin I think it's perfectly fine that there are Pro's on the site; however, I fully agree that the, "If you talk to me but don't book a paid session with me stop wasting my precious time" angle is truly disgusting. Even if certain Pro's want to only communicate briefly before booking, and only with paying clients, there are so many more tactful, mature, and downright decent ways to convey that than the ways some Pro's choose to do so.

This is why I love the message board...you see people much less guarded than they may be on their profile, and you can get a sense of their overall vibe by how they talk and treat others.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited November 2022

@CuddleDublin this site started as enthusiasts-only, and that remains its heart. However, for various reasons that position eventually became untenable and professionals were welcomed.

Few professionals feel 'entitled' to money. I'm sure some are struggling financially but for most it's a side gig. Many do it more for love than money: I've spoken to several who deeply regret having to charge, but they have rent to pay and children to feed.

I'm incredibly grateful that there are people out there who normally wouldn't cuddle me, but are willing to do it for a very reasonable sum of money.

Being a professional cuddler is a complex, difficult and demanding job. Most people who attempt it give up almost immediately. One of the difficult aspects is that most clients do not even begin to understand what it truly involves.

Oh, and cuddling with a good professional and cuddling with a fellow-enthusiast are two very different things. It's not the case that one is better: they are just different.

• I’m curious if “time wasting” in this context is booking and canceling, idle conversation, trying to determine if a pro is a good fit, or clients not being sure of their schedule? I can see how the first to are pretty disrespectful to a pro. That’s why lots of businesses have 24 hr cancellation policies and what not.
    The last two are kind of important if you’re paying for a service.

I’m hesitant to book or commit to anything unless I know I can make it, but I’m pretty sure I’ve been blocked for not knowing my schedule/booking something quick enough lol.

• edited November 2022

We’ve all gathered together here on this site for myriad reasons—each is personal and as individual as the person themself.

So acknowledging that not all will agree, I don’t think chatting with another cuddler—whether enthusiast or pro—is a waste of time. I love meeting and conversing with people from all over, whether they will ever ultimately hire me as a pro cuddler or not.

That said, if someone is making more chit chat than you care for, the problem is not with them, but with your ability to set boundaries.

As pro cuddlers, managing our time and attention is something that we are responsible for. Likewise, confirming where and when a cuddle will take place is basic professionalism.

Don’t get me wrong, we pros do deal with dangers, uncertainties, and risk that is outside our control. No pro is to blame for being assaulted or criminally victimized, but a number of the issues brought up in this thread come down to unfortunate (and expensive) lessons learned when starting a new business.

People are definitely allowed to vent about work, but it seems both unkind and unwise to gripe about your “customers” in a public forum designed for them.