How does public cuddling work???

I’ve had a handful do cuddling sessions, but all at a home or hotel. I can’t wrap my mind around what public cuddling would look like or therefore the point of public cuddling. Seems like PDA, but I suppose it looks different in public than laying down spooning in a city park? Do tell.

Comments

• I've spooned in a public park (on a blanket). That is an option! But I've also snuggled up to a cuddle buddy at the library and leaned against one on a bench outside a candy shop. There are plenty of places you can sit down and put your arms around someone else.

• edited November 2022

I have had several incredible cuddles (with pros and enthusiasts) on a blanket in a park in Colorado, Indiana and Ohio. You just need to find a quiet spot in a low traffic area of the park. About 2 months ago I was cuddling on a river bank in a State park and we got interrupted by these guys… 😊

• Spring/Summer:
    1. Bring a half tent to the beach/lake and lay together in that.
    2. Or bring a large blanket to lay on
    3. Going to a book store/library and sit on the floor or find a couch - sit in the “companioning” or “lounge chair” pose

Fall/winter:
    1. Drive-In movies - lay the back seats down and have blankets and pillows (trunk open obviously so you can also watch)
    2. Movie theater - Especially now that they have seats that recline in pairs, just bring a blanket (or don’t).

If you’d like more suggestions let me know! Public cuddling is always such a joy to me.

• My goodness that's one cute picture. I've done public cuddle stuff. You can hold hands, sit close to eachother, etc.

• @VaniRae31 what kind of car are you describing? I can’t picture what you said.

I’ve cuddle at the movies twice, it was cool. Once on recliners that allowed us to get close. And most recently on what they call a cuddle couch all the way in front. But some of those other places you describe aren’t places I’d be in that type of position, personally. I mean if you consider cuddling just like touching of the thigh or arm, but that’s my view.

Less long, that’s not my idea of the cuddle I’d like, but I’ve tried it.

• Interlocked arms, arm around the other, sat side-by-side and resting head on shoulders, hand holding, single arm around the waists, full on both arm around waists... All possible sat down depending on the seating (not to mention the possibilities standing or lying down). I've not yet met a cuddle buddy, but from what I have read here, different strokes for different folks... Some cuddle buddies consider a walk holding hands to be a cuddle. It's just all about what you are both comfortable with.

Some prefer spooning (with the right person, who doesn't?) And some just want to hold hands and spend time with someone. We are all here for different reasons, but all of us want the same thing, someone to spend time with sharing a connection without pressures such as dating or sex.

• @sofaking2 all of the above is good advice. The key point is that there isn't actually a significant difference between public and private cuddling.

This isn't surprising, because cuddling in public is very common in our society - you see it all the time.

• @VaniRae31 More suggestions pls! 🙏🙏

• This is the definition of cuddling,

(a lot of the things people are mentioning are just other displays of affection.)

to hold (another person or thing) close or (of two people, etc) to hold each other close, as for affection, comfort, or warmth; embrace; hug. (intr foll by up) to curl or snuggle up into a comfortable or warm position. noun. a close embrace, esp when prolonged.

I have done plenty of cuddling Outdoors because I am comfortable in my skin so it doesn't bother me if people see me cuddled up

• @cylee1180
    -A dance lesson with them (agree on the style/intensity of the dance)
    -A gym session with them. Or, a gym class. (physical contact may vary)
    -Ice skating/Blade skating in a outdoor or indoor rink. Or, bring your skates outdoors onto a public recreational trail
    -Walking downtown hand-in-hand amongst a bustling crowd of people, preferably during a holiday (Christmas, New Years) Window shop at gift/Cake stores. Hopefully with a destination in mind, to slow down stop and physically cuddle
    -Roaming a mall, similar to the above.

• [Deleted User]TallCuddler29 (deleted user)

Movie theater cuddles is one way!

Music festival cuddles!

• edited November 2022

@BashfulLoner I have a Honda Pilot 7 seater (SUV) so when I go to a drive in movie theater and lay all the back seats down it’s huge. I also have a blow up bed made specially for the back of a SUV but I only use that for camping and not cuddling.

Attached are some photos for reference on how a cuddle session would look.

**These are NOT pictures of my car.

• edited November 2022

@BashfulLoner I guess I’m just really comfortable in my own skin. Honestly though I’ve only ever cuddled like that with people I’d built up that comfortability with.

But here are some beach poses you can do, and attached it a park pose that can also be done at a book store. I practically lived in Barnes&Noble and would almost trip over couples cuddled up on the floor (mainly by the mangas) so it’s not such a foreign concept to me. Luckily they have couches and seats now around some of the stores lol.

• Holy crap! These responses are amazing and somehow I had completely missed them. Thanks @CuddleDuncan for pointing me to the post. I had wrongly assumed I would get email updates if someone replied.

Thanks everyone for the comments, pictures, ideas and descriptions!

You’re rockstars. Please keep it up and continue to add to the thread!

• @sofaking2 If you click on your profile at the top right and click Settings, you can click Notifications, then scroll to the bottom and click Forum Notifications. There, you can choose settings like e-mail and pop-up notifications for replies to your threads, etc. 😊

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @JohnR1972 "Interrupted" XD
    I hope there wasn't an altercation! Did they seem to feel threatened or were they just curious? XD
    I'd love to think they saw two humans cuddling and thought, "How cute!"

@VaniRae31 I know they're not yours, but I love those pictures!! Much dreamier than my SUV setup with my mismatched pillows and old blankets XD White isn't a terribly practical color, but sure is aesthetic ~ :3 <3

Parks are a nice place for public cuddles ~ They're free! And the fresh air and sunlight is nice too ~ ^^

I had a little wagon that I would use to wheel these items from my car to a good spot under a tree:

• Large, thick blanket (to lay on)
    • Baby powder (to sprinkle on the edges of the blanket to discourage bugs)
    • (There are also incense sticks you can safely burn to discourage bugs)
    • Travel pillows (smaller than regular pillows, not to be confused with travel neck pillows!)
    • Smaller blanket (to cover up in case we get cold)
    • A cooler (for food and drinks)
    • A speaker and mp3 player (for music, if it's wanted)

If laying down feels a little too intimate for someone you're just meeting, a park bench could do nicely ~ Just sitting side by side maybe holding hands ~

I remember sitting on the grass once with a friend of mine. We'd just finished a hike and were in the mama bear cuddle position, talking. And older couple walked by and smiled at us, and it occurred to me that we probably looked like a couple engaging in PDA. If being "seen" by other people bothers you, hopefully you're comforted by the knowledge that:

a) anyone who sees you, you'll likely never see again
    b) they're most likely not judging, they probably just think you're cute

As far what the point of a public cuddle is, for me, it's about meeting in a safe, neutral environment where you can spend some time together, get to know each other, and hopefully build up enough trust for more private meetups in the future.
    My safety is my #1 priority ~

• @EarthlyAngel003 - no altercation at all 😊. It looked like 1 momma raccoon with 3 young ones and I think they were accustomed to people feeding them (against park rules but some people do it anyway).

They were certainly not afraid of humans and they cautiously walked to within about 4 feet of where we were laying. When they saw we didn’t have any food they wandered off. At the end of our cuddle we saw them again in a picnic area by the parking lot. They were incredibly cute.

• @JohnR1972 Pfff, of course ~ Should've known it was about food, those little bandits :smirk::lol:
    Can't blame 'em, we've all gotta make a living ~ :relieved:

• [Deleted User]SoulParaTodos (deleted user)

It is definitely unique. To me, cuddling with someone in such stage, signifies a romantic partner. Certainly I would not do it publicly unless it’s someone I’m dating. It’s expressing one is demonstrating to the world “ we are in love”

• @SoulParaTodos - I certainly understand where you are coming from and everyone has to make their own decisions about what they do in public (or semi-public).

2 years ago I would have completely agreed with you but today I am much more open than I was back then. I used to live my life worried about what other people thought (I am not saying that is what you are doing, I am just speaking for myself). I have since realized that most people simply don’t care as the world today is much less judgmental on PDA than they were when I was a teenager. I don’t cuddle in the middle of a crowded park and if someone happens by and sees me cuddling with someone on a quiet river bank it really doesn’t bother me. I have had people walk down a trail within 20 feet of us a few times when cuddling in a park and so far no one has ever stopped or said a word to us. I am sure they saw us but they just keep on walking.

• Can I just say I love each and everyone of you!?! I think the collective love I feel when I read these posts is amazing and it fills me up. It really does. I am so glad I discovered cuddling in this way because it just makes me so happy. 🤗❤️

• @sofaking2 I laughed out loud when I read that! Best excuse ever for double-posting! =) =)

• @SoulParaTodos

It’s expressing one is demonstrating to the world “ we are in love”

No it isn't. It certainly can mean that, but it doesn't necessarily. If you find me spooning with somebody in a park with somebody it definitely doesn't mean that.

From what you write it would mean that if you were doing it, and that's great. But I'm not you.

Forty years ago, in my world, it didn't mean "we are in love". It usually meant, "We are young people and have nowhere else to go".

• @SunsetSnuggles thank you SO much for the tip!

@CuddleDuncan so glad I could add to your entertainment! I laugh all day at myself so it’s nice to have some with laugh with me.

@EarthlyAngel003 great ideas and insight! Thanks for sharing. Good tip on baby powder as I wasn’t aware of that one.

• @EarthlyAngel003 Haha yes I agree! I love nature, it’s so soothing and a great bonus is that cuddling is free! I have this soy candle I burn that keeps mosquitos away but I’ll have to do the baby powder trick too! Such good ideas.
    And the white sheets 😂 all my blankets and pillows are themed for the seasons but I’d never use white, it just seems like a recipe for disaster.

I’m absolutely willing to cuddle in public as a first meeting if the cuddler shows interest but typically it’s something I only really do once we’ve built up a comfort level or they’re unable to host.
    I’ve noticed that when we haven’t people tend to be in their own heads and become anxious, feeling as if everyone is staring at us and therefor can’t relax. But after you’ve built that comfort and rapport with someone cuddling with that person would have become second nature and our bodies simply an extension of the other. In other words they allow themselves to relax enough to truly enjoy the beauty that is public cuddling. ❤️

Unless their comfortable in their own skin the way I am. Lol I could cuddle almost anywhere really and not be bothered . 😂

• I think a drive-in movie could be incredible especially with some comfy pillows and the like. A hike in the mountains overlooking something amazing, pretty much anything in nature. A lake, a mountaintop, a river, an overlook, in nature, or even a boring cup of coffee at a coffeehouse. Human connections can be made anywhere, but I LOVE the creativity here and the ability to think outside the box. You’ve awakened something in me that was asleep and oblivious.

Admittedly, some geographic regions are more ideal that others, but opportunity is out there!

• @VaniRae31 I've seen the candles that keep mosquitos away! But I'd get little nervous having an open flame in park on an uneven or unstable surface ^^; How do you keep yours stable? :o