No-shows

Last night, I had a session booked at a local hotel with a pro cuddler. Two hours before we were to meet, she canceled the appointment without a word. I got stiffed for a $140 hotel room.
And I haven't heard from her since.
I reported it to the site, but all they did was block us both ways. So now I can't even leave karma to warn others.
Do I have any recourse? And how do I keep it from happening again?

Comments

• edited November 2022

@x174 even though you have each other blocked, you can still leave karma. Try to visit her profile and you'll see the red box but also a link called 'Add karma'.

We tend not to get involved in payment disputes unless we notice a pattern or sometimes where it is overly apparent who is at fault. I would add your karma if you believe it constitutes a no show and I'll send a message her way in case it helps.

• This is fairly common. Any time I'm seeing a pro I haven't seen before there's a significant chance she won't show. You can mitigate the risk to a degree by only seeing pros who've been around a while and have lots of positive karma, but that's no guarantee. The other thing is not to spend money on someone you don't trust - no hotel rooms, no deposits.

Definitely leave her a 1 star karma.

• @x174 Wow that's the worst!! I would be so nervous to get a hotel room for any pro cuddler unless she has a lot of good karma from others. Did she have good karma?

• @Mark They specifically warned me not to leave karma, and I can't anyway because they blocked us from each other. (So I guess even if she wanted to make it right, she couldn't. )

• @x174
    I've found that when hotel rooms are involved, I don't get the room till the cuddler I'm seeing has arrived, I hug in the parking lot lol, then get the room, been working out great for me,