Done with US Thanksgiving: who's in a coma?

edited November 2022 in General

I can't move. Turkey was moist (crispy on outside!)
. My first Thanksgiving meal that I cooked.

Comments

• Good job! Looks great and thatโ€™s a lot of cooking. Hope you have leftovers!

• Lots! I'll be chewing til first week of December. Thank you.

• Ugh, Iโ€™m so done. Gotta work out like a madman tomorrow

• Congrats on your 1st thanksgiving dinner ๐ŸŽ‰ โ€ฆ My family tends to do it a bit early (it was Monday for us) and Iโ€™m still on a food coma from that day ๐Ÿ˜‚

• @cuddles_ndream Yeah I can't move! Lol

@sunnysideup Good luck! Lol

• We had vegan roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, berry pie, and apple tea. I am sleeeeeeeepy. ๐Ÿ˜Œ

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @cylee1180 Looks good! Was the turkey smoked? Whatever is in the liquid with the pieces of meat seasoning looks delicious.

I'm never in a holiday food coma anymore. For years I have stopped eating so much so that I feel good all day and am hungry for supper (which was leftover tacos this year). Lol.

• @achetocuddle Hi. No. I cooked it for 2.5 hours at 350 and increased to 475 for the last 30 mins w a tin foil roof according to instructions. Came out crispy but juicy inside - no thermometer, only used my cooking sense.

There is split pea soup w ham hocks and half water half beef broth. Cooked it til it became creamy (15 hours slow cooked).

@SunsetSnuggles Soinds delicious. I was a vegetarian for 8 years , but the diet didn't help me sustain my increased workload and had to return to meat. The berry pie sounds delish.

• I didn't have much (no turkey either). It was very nice seeing the family though. ๐Ÿ˜Š I hope everyone had a nice holiday, and if this is a difficult time of year for anyone, my inbox is open...๐Ÿซ‚

• Thanksgiving dinner was nice to me, and I stuffed myself with turkey and stuffing. So I went into a food coma watching football

• Just now coming out of the coma. What gym do I need to join now? Itโ€™s an endless cycle. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• I really stuffed my plate with everything I cooked, but I couldnโ€™t finish it all, I got so full!! I love thanksgiving food though so I did my best to attack my plate โœจ

• I had to work yesterday, so this was the first year that I can remember not enjoying a bountiful Thanksgiving meal. I didn't really consume much of anything yesterday except lots of coffee and Utz brand red hot cheeseballs. I guess Thanksgiving meals come in many forms. Usually my highway cuisine is better than this. Not sure what happened.

No sympathy needed. Actually , all this just to say that Utz brand cheeseballs are kinda good. And they're gluten free.

• Utz cheeseballs are kinda good @TxTom.