How does price info appear around the world on this site?

edited November 2022 in General

I was looking at some profiles listed on the homepage as 'recently online', and there were some from Great Britain, which clearly does not use the US dollar. Yet prices for those pros were listed in US dollars. Do the prices displayed on this site change to the local currency depending on where you're logged in from? And do they automatically adjust for changes in currency exchange rates?

Yeah, this is almost entirely an academic question to me, as it's very unlikely that I'll be traveling internationally anytime soon (well, other than Canada - maybe). It's just the way my mind works. Make of that what you will.

Comments

• edited November 2022

I'm based in the UK and for me the rates of British professionals are shown with a £. US professionals show as $.

If the numbers you see are all round numbers like 60, 75, 100 (which I suspect they are) then what you are seeing is the same digits as I do, with a currency symbol localised to your location. If there was any kind of conversion going on then the rates would 65.43 and things like that. (For me, the rates around the world are always round numbers.)

I think it's reasonable to assume that the numbers you see are the rate in the local currency of the professional.

I see your question as very much arising from a natural curiosity about the world, something I share and which in my view should always be encouraged and pursued. The financial reality is that cuddling rates are very broadly similar irrespective of country. In other words, if you can't afford cuddling at home, travelling abroad isn't going to help.

The countries with the most professional cuddlers are USA, UK, Canada, Australia and the Netherlands. Beyond that it's just the occasional person popping up now and then. For example Ireland usually has one professional: round about the time they get fed up of having no clients and leave, some other optimist starts up. Repeat ad infinitum.

• @CuddleDuncan - I can't recall having previously seen a single response put a subject to bed as effectively as you have just done.