I think some of you...

I think some of you have gotten a little too comfortable with arguing with strangers online.

Reading some of these threads reminds me of why I pay for cuddling. It's so nice to be able to pay someone to NOT say whatever is on their mind. Peace, comfort, quiet, without all the ideologies and politics. Cuddling is supposed to be an activity that makes you forget about everything and just exist with someone else without worrying about their opinion of the world's issues.

And yet, y'all still manage to argue on this site. I get it, sometimes someone will say something outlandish and it's hard not to respond, but... just try. It seems like every thread I read starts off civil and devolves into a keyboard debate.

Chill out, everybody!

Comments

• There is a difference between an argument and a fight. An argument can be a healthy exchange of opinions. However it seems like it has gotten to the point where people have to resort to name calling because somebody has a different opinion than them.

• @Mike403 exactly, civil and thoughtful debates are fine, we won't all agree on everything but some of these conversations get really personal and childish to the point where I forget what site I'm on.

• [Deleted User]derpablito (deleted user)

I think once you find it easy to not respond, then that's how you win. Don't have to fight every battle.

• Hear hear. Sad to see.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I agree with you both of gentleman, I joined this site over a 1 1/2 year ago as my only form of an “online” presence. I don’t have any social media or anything and at times it makes me sad to see people just bashing one another online or in person. I have always had the mindset I love everyone as long as you’re not hurting other people, and I am understanding of a discussion of something versus a verbal argument/assault. No one here knows anyone’s background or where we have come from and should have respect and understanding for one another.

This is just my opinion.

• @derpablito Yup, that's the right mentality to have, we waste energy trying to belittle, persuade and argue with people who already have their minds made up.

@MegaSnugglez Well said!

• edited December 2022

@JBearz
    You're wrong and so is everyone who agrees with you. Let's take this outside. Put up your dukes and fight like a man.

• @homeboy 🤣🤣 let me tell you 5 reasons why your opinion is garbage, I've put together a brief powerpoint...

• The relative anonymity of the internet gives people much bigger mouths than they would have in person.

• @JBearz Word! Some people need to feel consequence of words, i know how i learned it in life.

I don’t believe the best way to teach a lesson is a punch to the face, i do believe that for some people it’s the only way to learn.

I believe most people think they are much smarter than they are and it becomes evident when they write words.

I try to practice energy conservation. If I’m not going to gain from this interaction i try to walk away, more people need to try this.

Avoidance and abstinence is a way of life that needs to be taught. A punch in the face teaches that well.

Not promoting violence, just talking extremes because it seem easier for those people to understand.

• AGREED…I have started to read the forums less often because of it.

• [Deleted User]lonewolfwonder (deleted user)

@JBearz reading your comment was refreshing and I’m glad someone said it. These forums can be so toxic.

• edited December 2022

@JBearz - At the risk of sounding argumentative, I'm going have to disagree with you, at least a little bit.

Here on the forum, we're not cuddling, we're talking about cuddling. Doing something, is (and should be) completely different from talking about it, Besides, for the most part, we aren't really arguing, we're having (usually) friendly discussions, albeit with some disagreement.

If not for the existence of those disagreements, this forum would have no reason to exist. Just imagine what a boring place this would be is everybody always agreed about everything.

• @GreatHornedOwl - Disagreements are fine until you start calling people asshats or toxic for having a different opinion.

• @JBearz Lmao Powerpoint

• There is sometimes a misconception that if you are arguing a point or in a disagreement, that you are being mean or somehow don't like the other person . I've maybe come across 2 or 3 people at the very most who I'm like yep, they're a trash human being . And I've been here since 2016 so that's a lot of interactions with folks. But I generally speaking, truly do respect everybody here and have love for anybody who is authentically speaking their truths , even if I disagree with it . I am genuinely sorry for anybody who might come across something I post and get upset by it. That's never my intention. It is the interwebs though, so kinda like what Forrest said about chocolate box and not knowing what you're gonna get. Such are the people on CC

• Ditto that @pmvines . I don't know if we agree on anything, but at least I hope I'm not one of those 2 or 3 people.

• @TxTom not all all haha . I honestly dont know that anyone who I consider to be just not.good people are even on the forums really to be honest. And I say they are trash people not for their opinions. but because of things they've actually done that are verifiably horrible . I know that blogger rage doesnt necessarily mean someone is a bad person ,.but actions are what make a person .

• @JBearz You sir are my kind of wise man. I applaud your observations & your call toward peace & better judgement. You’re awesome, sir.

• Definitely a quantity over quality issue. Some people are unfortunately addicted to expressing their thoughts ad nauseum.

• @MrMarkAndrew i definitely do this - “addicted to expressing their thoughts and nauseum” … will keep this in mind moving forward. I’m not perfect so I’m sure I’ll repeat it when I feel strongly about something or feel like I’m being singled out, nevertheless you’re right.

• @cuddles_ndream Tho I feel this way about some people, I can't recall thinking you express ad nauseum. Actually what you say tends to be so interesting to me that I hope you won't start thinking of yourself that way.

• 💫🙌🙏🙌🙏🙌💫
    Loooooove & kindness to all. 🤗

• Ironically, my favorite cuddling in my personal life is the kind where we do talk about our ideologies, politics, and opinions of the world's issues. One of my favorite clients had great conversations with me about societal issues, and I always looked forward to our sessions.

I get your point, just find it entertaining that I've got the exact opposite preference for cuddling (in my personal life, not in terms of professional appointments).

• @bobadevotee Yeah, to each their own but I would absolutely dread a cuddle like that.

It's different if you're cuddling with a significant other because it's important to know their stance on things.

But for a session, no thanks. No offense to anyone, but I don't want to know that much about a cuddler unless I plan on becoming regular friends with them.