Scammer preyed on 100 women

This jerk scammed women for over twenty years.
It's sickening. I post it here because I know some of us are lonely and that is the target demographic he would look for.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/09/us/patrick-giblin-romance-scammer-cec/index.html

Comments

• Why is there a constant need by people on this site to bash men and post anything that makes us look bad?

• @reifuaoiu
    This has nothing to do with bashing men.
    Yes the article is about a man this time but I know men can be victims of scammers too.
    But I didn't see an article about a male victim this morning that I can share. If you see one please post it.

• To be fair it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with this page, either.

• edited December 2022

I’m waiting for the FBI task force on women who are looking for ‘starter husbands’ and/or go on dates with no desire for anything but a free meal.

Ooh, or paternity/child support fraud! That’s gotta be a pretty penny.

But I'm going to wait a long time because society has normalized these things.

• [Deleted User]SnugglesRus (deleted user)

Melancholy, thank you for sharing. I appreciate your concern that we be aware and alert. I can see you are a kind man.

• @MrMarkAndrew That's the great thing about this forum : we CAN discuss almost everything except sex amd politics. I get quite some intellectual stimulation when coasting along the forums. Cheers.

• @MrMarkAndrew I disagree completely.
    More than a few people looking for cuddling on this site are lonely. It tends to go hand in hand with not having a cuddle partner.
    So this guy preys on the lonely.
    Definitely has something to do with this kind of site.

• @SnugglesRus thank you ! :)
    You're very sweet.

• I reccomend watching this video:

This article reminds me so much of the tinder swindler and the guy lied about being rich and having a father own a diamond company. There is a Netflix documentary to see the girls that actually got scammed. The first link is inspired by the documentary and gives a short summary of the story.

• There are probably a roughly similar number of men and women who run similar scams. Because so many of us here on CC are lonely, we are prime targets. On several occasions, I have been in an ongoing communication with (each time a different) woman who appeared to be genuinely friendly. Then, suddenly (usually just before an arranged 1st meeting), she would need some "emergency" money, because was stranded far from home, or needed some unexpected medical treatment, or ..., or..., or.........

To me me, the worst effect is that it makes me be suspicious of every other woman here.

• I've been aware of this type of thing, and think I actually have had at least one person try to "groom me." Had one gentleman declare his feelings and also as me to invest in crypto. :s

• @reifuaoiu ... not all men are swindlers, just some are.

• Any man who brags about wealth will send me packing. Whether it's a scam or reality, it's not an attractive quality.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Date scamming was a $600 million business just in Russia alone back in 2013, and it's gotten much worse since then. Match, OkCupid, and eHarmony are loaded with scammers. It's part of the reason I abandoned dating sites long ago.

• @TNNative The whole series of Trafficked is very interesting in general.