Honest Karma.

[Deleted User]Noova (deleted user)
edited December 2022 in General

Hello there everybody! I know as a pro on the site, i base some of my decision to meet a member on ones karma. Unfortunately, one member with great karma came across as a boundary pushing rule breaker in person and felt uber uncomfy..
Do we only get one chance to let the community know of our experience with members after meeting in person? Maybe i missed the edit option of 24 hours to change it. i decided to focus on the good aspects of the session when posting karma but feel i did a disservice to future pros by not mentioning the pushing of boundaries.

Comments

• Are you saying you weren’t honest on your first attempt? The title of your thread is “Honest Reviews”.

• [Deleted User]Noova (deleted user)
    edited December 2022

Haha you're right, title updated!

• I'm new here but I'll comment anyway. I think this issue seems of paramount importance. If everyone was able to know with confidence what to expect from other users this entire site would be 10x better. But being critical of someone not only feels bad but risks triggering a bad review in response that might not be honest at all.

I don't know if there is an edit feature or if that would be a good feature. I'm sure there could be cons to an edit feature like retaliation or encouraging people to pressure others for a change to a comment. But I like any conversation that might make this better.

I've thought before about a pro only comments section. Only pros can see it. Or maybe some numerical trust score. I wonder if others have tried solving this problem and come up with interesting thoughts. I know China has a social credit system much like we have a banking credit system. Kind of attempts to measure how trust worthy a person is. I'd be curious if it works or if aspects of it could be leveraged in this context.

I'm new here too which is why I'm opening the door to talk about this. I signed up because i was sold on the rules and regulations the site set in place. I felt i could trust it . Just that one experience left me a bit jaded on the real intention or how users actually use the site... Least to say my trust is at 50% right now . And i did worry that uncensored honesty may lead one to leave me bad karma when i followed the rules. Tbh i haven't read any bad karma on any profile so far. Some profiles do get deleted i notice that in my messages so at least there is accountability on overtly bad behavior.

I do see the light on the numerical trust scale idea! Also Ive heard of the dark side of that china social credit system tho , would not encourage it.

• First thing you should do is report this cuddler to the site admins - if they aren't following TOS, they can and should be suspended or banned.
    My understanding is that people do not always leave honest karma because they are concerned about retaliation. So while karma is a tool, it is only one of many. It's a good idea to meet in public or do a Zoom call before a cuddle to get a sense of the person, discuss boundaries, etc. If your gut tells you something is off, don't do the cuddle.

• edited December 2022

I learned quickly to not rely on Karma. I've met lovely people with tons and with none. Same goes for the not-so-lovely people.

In all the profiles I've looked at, I've only seen one karma that was not 5 stars, it was 4. There may be some lower scoring karma out there, but I haven't seen it.

• The one client I had who had the most karma was the worst offender.

• Another thing that seems telling (and sad) is that most user profiles I see signed up this month or last month. My take away from that is that people leave the site within 2 months on average. I would imagine that if someone did want to enjoy a community like this they are also likely to be driven away by the "offenders".

Maybe an anonymous checkbox post cuddle that allows for "tested the boundaries", "pushed the boundaries", "crossed the boundaries". Or other types of input that could be used to calculate some kind of cuddle quality. It wouldn't be visible at least until there are maybe 3 submissions to avoid any one person being the obvious source of less then 100% feedback. Or even just keep the results of that input invisible and just have some kind of filter that says "only connect me with people with above 90% positive feedback". Shrug, just brain storming.

• @Noova but you can delete the karma you left for them. Then you can leave them more accurate karma.
    You can't edit it but that's basically the same thing isn't it ?

• What he said. ☝🏾

• @JamesNoah posted: "Maybe an anonymous checkbox post cuddle that allows for "tested the boundaries", "pushed the boundaries", "crossed the boundaries". Or other types of input that could be used to calculate some kind of cuddle quality. It wouldn't be visible at least until there are maybe 3 submissions to avoid any one person being the obvious source of less then 100% feedback."

Love this idea.

@Noova You have the option to edit Karma for some time after posting, and I believe the delete option is always there.

I have never personally experienced this, but I have heard others say that retaliation Karma will be dealt with by the moderators and should not be cause to leave a dishonest review.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• @Noova I would also report that member, so they get banned. That way, hopefully they will be banned.

I believe that reports are anonymous but you can verify with the moderators on that one if necessary.

I did delete and attempt to post again but the option was not present to put karma so i just let it be. unfortunate that karma can't be trusted based off these experiences I've read about!
    Will most definitely have a more in depth intake process to guage ones intention ...
    Thank you for replying and opening my eyes a bit more. I do wish to pursue this route as a side interest of mine for sure.

• edited December 2022

@Noova I would ask a moderator about this! They may be able to reset it so you can post karma.

• @Noova some clients act different with other pros, because I had an amazing cuddle with a gentleman and so did a friend of mine in Columbus, but he rushed out and did another Cuddles right after me and he got banned. I was really sad because I was hoping to cuddle him again because he was a lot of fun. But they don’t always do the same thing they do with the next person not sure why.

One of my worst cuddles had like 25 Karma, I think he took advantage of me because I was a newbie I’m not sure what was going on. There was a lot of great things about him but there was a lot of weird stuff too. I never left him a review, and he never left me one. I didn’t get him banned because I think other people enjoyed him. Although I do feel like I’m doing a disservice by not seeing more about my cuddle. Sometimes I wonder if a complement sandwich would be good. Tell something good about the cuddle something that was not so good and then end with a complement. At least they know it wasn’t a total failure.

@JamesNoah I agree I am afraid to leave karma that may be three or four stars in fear of retaliation. I don’t mind getting three or four stars if the person doesn’t think that the cuddle was not good. Or if I was late or for whatever good reason. But I wouldn’t want someone to make up stuff about me just because I was honest about them. When I have a cuddle that wasn’t that great I usually don’t leave any karma. When I have an amazingly safe cuddle I really emphasize it, and I use words that really conveyed rather than the same old respecting boundaries phrase.

• @Noova Instead of trying to rewrite it in after deleting, can you go back into the persons profile and leave karma fresh again in the place, Karma box. Because I know some people that cuddled me waited like two months to give me karma.

• @Noova - we moderators often delete karma at people's request for various reasons.

If you haven't already, please report the boundary pusher.

Let me say it here and loudly again: neither good karma average, nor the number of sessions one has had, nor the number of karma posts don't hold up against reports and flags. Karma is a guide, not an absolute, and that "angel" with 30 glowing karma reports gets negated by 1 verified report of boundary pushing, and I'll spare you all the total ick examples.

Fellas. Stop being dicks. If you're looking for sex go elsewhere.

• @Sideon Thank you!!
    "Fellas. Stop being dicks. If you're looking for sex go elsewhere"

Can we put that on our home page somewhere 🤣

• edited December 2022

@KozyKim some people are just opportunistically bad, so some guys think certain pros are either more receptive to SW or are more likely to not say no in person or something like that. Having clear boundaries can prevent this bad behavior from potential bad actors. Having a solid vetting process you can avoid these bad actors, atleast most of them hopefully.

• [Deleted User]SnugglesRus (deleted user)

I have had several bad experiences, went to report but it said it would not be anonymous 🥺
    I think the site could weed out the bad ones easier if there wasn’t concern for repercussions. That applies to karma as well.

• @SnuggleRus per the FAQ

"Is my report anonymous? Moderators are able to see who reported the member so that is not anonymous. The accused member is not notified of who reported them unless it’s necessary to resolve the problem. For instance, if a pro charged a deposit and then ghosted the client, we obviously need to name the client in trying to resolve this with the pro. However, members may figure out who reported them just by circumstances. If they have only cuddled with one person on the site and then were reported for misbehaving during a session they are going to figure out who reported them. In this respect, we cannot guarantee anonymity. Please don’t let that stop you from reporting bad behavior. We all depend on these reports to keep our community safe.

The accused member doesn't get notified unless it's necessary. Sorry for your troubles hope this helps and you can report them.