Critique my profile?

Hi, I am new to professional cuddle, long time armature. lol Would any long-timers be willing to critique my profile and possibly give me any pointers?

Thank you much!
Renee

Comments

• Welcome! There is nothing wrong with your profile as it stands, it's already better than average. Nonetheless, you might find this helpful:

If you haven't already had a look at the sticky topics at the top of this board then do, there is some very useful stuff there.

• Hi Renee!
    Having such openness to ask for critiques is already a big plus in my book :)
    I would suggest including more pics, perhaps in different environments that show where you like to be? Maybe with different expressions? I know I always enjoy seeing a few different photos of providers, to give me more insight into what kind of a person they are....

• Thank you, I know I need better pictures... I'm just usually the one taking them instead of being the subject. I feel like I'm at a bit of a disadvantage with my age and weight. I want to make this a good side hustle, so all advice is very welcome.

Have a fantastic day!

• All your pictures are great except the closeup of the bacon costume. I would delete that one. It's funny but if someone doesn't know you it's not a good one. :)
    Also why do you have a requirement that profiles most have a picture ? Many clients do not want to have their picture up. It should be enough that they send it to you in a message.
    It's the same thing really. The only difference is that only you can see their picture and not everyone else. That probably discourages many clients from contacting you just by itself.
    Other than that your profile seems very nice and if you weren't impossibly far I would have tried to book a cuddle session with you.

• Hello everyone, I'd like an honest opinion about my profile. I spent a great deal of time to focus on transparency and genuineness and would love to hear how it comes off. I feel like it's length already might be controversial. Looking forward to hearing from you, and thank you in advance 😊.

• @Rye823 this is in the professional cuddler section of the forums You'd get more responses if you post this question in the general area instead of in a pro cuddler's thread. :)

• Dear @Rye823 Good and interesting profile. It is too long but not sure where you should cut. Probably don't need the line about spooning and a little less detail about your interests, but I'm not sure. Since this is a platonic site you should be clear that you won't pursue non-platonic even if offered. Anyone offering non-platonic should be reported and the interaction/potential relationship needs to be totally taken off this site:) So much of the detail is good it is a puzzle to know where you should shorten it tho:) Others here will be more help.

• Very new to cuddling as a pro - Read a lot of forum posts and other advice and looked over several pro cuddlers profiles while creating mine. I would be interested in hearing any gentle feedback or advice to improve what's there. TIA :3

• edited February 2023

@GACuddlebug overall in some ways it's a lot better than many profiles but there are a few things that came into my mind .....

Before I start you might find this thread useful:

You have a few too many photos, nice as they are. Turns out the optimal number is 5-8.

Capital B for Bella, assuming you use the usual convention. Capital CC in the safety first bullet point, or expand it to say Cuddle Comfort (many new clients will not know instantly what it stands for).

The first section of four main paragraphs is good but a little long - towards the end you are almost repeating youself with session details. It's also a bit mixed up. I suggest you rewrite it in the order - You (the client), Me, the Session. I love some of the things you say there and "I really want to offer you genuine, human connection" sounds like a great opening sentence to me.

However, your mention of outfits makes me slightly uncomfortable. Clothing requests are used as a 'gateway question' by clients seeking sexual or boundary-breaking services. The problem is that your profile encourages problematic clients to believe that their problematic behaviour is acceptable. Anything resembling a fetish is explicitly banned by the site's terms of conditions.

The same applies to tickling touch. Lots of people like tickling, but it's not usually part of cuddling and for many it's a fetish.

Light scratching is usually considered a normal part of cuddling. Not everybody does it but I've never heard of it being a chargeable extra.

You appear to be based in the USA and my understanding that massage is a regulated profession there. That might mean that offering "light massage" at an additional fee is illegal unless you are a registered massage therapist. In any case skin massage (for example using oil) is not permitted by CC. Light, inexpert, over the clothes massage is offered informally by many professional cuddlers as a minor part of the session.

(Footrubs are also fairly common, and pressure - the professional lying completely on top of the client - seems to be increasing.)

I'm not exactly sure what a sugar scrub treatment is but if it involves skin it would not be allowed here.

OK that's me done. It's well worth reading the site's terms and conditions if you're a professional. Business is business after all. They are not long, or boring, or opaque. In fact they are very clear, and they are rigourously enforced.

From a business perspective having various upsells to offer the client is obviously good. But it doesn't really sit very well in a cuddling context, where the underlying ethos is caring for people who need help. Many professionals offer deep discounts to occasional, 1-hour session clients who face financial stress, and other professionals who do not have such clients literally send money to those to do to subsidise such sessions.

A better upsell is to offer extra time for not much money. For example, 3.5 hours for only $20 more than 3 hours. It makes very little difference to you, and squeezes extra money out of those who can most afford it.

• edited February 2023

@GACuddlebug

You're new and hopefully just have a very innocent view of cuddling here and what it entails.

Offering services like massages, sugar scrubs, dressing up for your clients is not going to be viewed as platonic. I can't say it any other way so excuse me if this sounds blunt or brash, this is not my intent. We are platonic cuddlers, not massage therapists, fetish providers or Barbie dolls.

There are dangerous members here who have been banned for assault , stalking and worse. Close the door to unwanted behavior by looking at how your profile conveys your intent.

If I'm being perfectly honest I'd delete your entire profile and start over. Whoever your getting your inspiration from, STOP. You do not want to attract their clients with wording like this. Some of these are an open door to satisfy a fetish.

For an additional fee you can add on scratches, light massage, tickle touch or a sugar scrub treatment.

If you have a personal request, we can see what can be done about accommodating that as well. Some personal requests that I have accommodated in other sessions have been:

• Dress up dolly - The client chooses my outfit or brings an outfit for me to wear during the session (the outfit must meet the requirements of this site and fit comfortably).
    • Foot rubs - if you would like to rub or play with my feet, we can make that happen.
    • Back rubs - a client wanted to give me a back rub. I will happily add that to your package.

Best of luck to you and be safe.

• @CuddleDuncan and @Rezz Thank you so much for your helpful and honest feedback. I had discovered a couple of the things you mentioned from reading the forums throughout the day today and made a couple of changes accordingly. I have made more changes based on your suggestions as well.

• edited February 2023

@CuddleDuncan I take issue with your statement "Clothing requests are used as a 'gateway question' by clients seeking sexual or boundary-breaking services."
    It can be true, just like "Cars are used by bank robbers to get away after robbing a bank." But that is not the usual thing cars are used for.
    Personally, I've never used cars to rob a bank or clothing requests as a gateway to boundary breaking.
    It really depends on what you are asking for.
    Asking for shorts can be totally platonic because leg contact is important for many in a platonic way.
    Asking for lingerie is something else entirely.

• @11rollover of course there are legitimate clothing requests. But they are a minority. The 'usual thing' that clothing requests are used for is as a boundary test.

• @CuddleDuncan I think it depends entirely on the request and the requester so I disagree with it being the "usual thing" clothing requests are used for.
    My typical request for shorts is never a boundary test. Maybe it is for some people?
    I think a request for a bra and panties cuddle, bikini cuddle, lingerie cuddle or other sexy outfit would definitely be a boundary tester.

• @11rollover i agree with you, a shorts request or similar are not boundary testers and people (including myself) do them all the time with no ulterior motives.
    Keep in mind also that @CuddleDuncan thinks of himself as a voice of authority here and feels the need to chime in on everything, so much so that many people mistake him for a moderator.
    So put aside his generalizations and keep on cuddling.

• I will jump in as a pro of 4 years and say 99% of ppl that gave me clothing requests or asked what I was going to wear or asked what they were allowed to wear were always sexual.

I’ve had less than what I can count on my hands of cuddlers that legitimately were asking the proper attire. I answered their questions and we carried on, everything good to go. But almost every single man asking anything clothing related turned into :

Can you wear your duff girl costume?
    Can you wear lingerie?
    Can you be nude?
    Can I be nude?
    The ever popular “can I just wear boxers?”
    Can you wear a dress?
    Can you wear tights?
    Can you wear a swimsuit?
    Can I just wear my shorts without underwear?

So no, clothing requests are a big red flag unless you start it off with “hey! I’d love to have a cuddle with you. I just have a question. I’m allergic to “a certain type of fabric”. Are you able to wear anything other than the fabric I’m allergic to?” Then yes, 1000% percent I would respect that request.

• I’m allergic to “a certain type of fabric”. Are you able to wear anything other than the fabric I’m allergic to?” Then yes, 1000% percent I would respect that request.

Client: I am allergic to a certain type of fabric.
    Pro: Which one?
    Client: All

Stuff gets twisted

• Lol!! Well, I’m glad they waved the red flag early 😆😆