If you haven't got your health you haven't got anything!

One of many words of wisdom from my favorite movie. this week made me think of this one more than ever.
I got a stomach virus and was so sick I ended up passed out on the bathroom floor and eventually relented and went to the ER to get checked out. I'm still not fully recovered and pain seems to be my daily constant that I'm quite sick of after 6 days of this nonsense but I have known others who suffer from chronic pain and don't want to complain after only 6 days.
Just wanted to remind people to enjoy health while you have it. We take it for granted too easily, and I know I have done that a lot. I think in 2023 I had no new years resolutions but now I think i'll make one and that is simply to really appreciate it once this pain is gone and I can eat normally again.
i am quite sick of bananas rice and toast.

Comments

• Sorry you have been sick @Melancholy . I know we dont always see eye to eye on the forums but I'm sure you're good people, and being sick sucks ass . Hope you get to feeling normal again soon.

• edited January 2023

• Concur. Health is Wealth. Although being healthy is expensive at times going thru the repercussions of a unhealthy lifestyle is truly expensive.

• That is so true !! There is no guarantee of a tomorrow. I always thought I was doing great in the heath side, only 2 broken bones in my life so far. But after 5 weeks in the hospital, 4 weeks in intensive care, lost 30 lbs. Family was called in and told I may not make it, even had 2 out of body experiences!!!!!, yes they are real.
    After getting out I had a different outlook on life, retired for the 2nd time after closing down my 2nd business and down sized my car/truck collection and started traveling more with my camper and motorcycle.
    I hope to do a lot more this year.
    22K miles in 12 months.
    Go out and have fun life is short

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

@waynewv Congratulations on your recovery. Get out there and do your thing.

• Very true. Thanks for sharing, speedy recovery!

• @Melancholy I'm sorry you are going thru that. Your attitude about it is good; it could be worse but what is happening to you is plenty bad enough. Being very sick wrecks your life for sure. I think nearly any day I don't feel bad is a good day.
    I suppose you could eat applesauce if you like it, being part of the BRAT diet (banana, rice, applesauce and toast). Get well soon.

• I can eat bananas but if I eat them too many days in a row it causes massive stomach pain. Maybe a couple hours after I eat one its like being stabbed in the stomach. I thought of that when you said you were eating bananas because you have stomach pain. So weird.

• That's one thing I would tell my younger self If I could. Too late for me now. Lots of regrets.

• Health is wealth indeed! A couple of minor procedures last year caught my attention for sure; and recovery can be challenging if living on your own.

• I rolled down a steep hill yesterday. Sunny, warm, endless blue sky. At the top of the hill I laid in the grass and looked at the sky for a while. Vitamin D, deep breathing fresh air.
    Rolling down, I became really dizzy. doing crazy unexpected things because I can, especially after having both knees replaced a year ago.
    It’s so liberating to be Older and kind of Invisible, not caring what anyone else thinks!

• Yes, Tyrone. Did that just suck 1 year of your life away?

• edited January 2023

@Melancholy im really sorry to hear that you’re going through this. Please step away from the bananas and toast. The rice is good if it’s cooked on a low flame and for a long time, like an hour for easier digestion (look up congee). I would highly suggest you seek out a Vietnamese restaurant that makes authentic vegetarian pho soup and bone broth with lemon grass. Authentic meaning they cook the broth for at least 24 hrs. I would also greatly suggest taking a spoonful mixture of raw garlic, ginger, onion & honey like medicine every couple hours. Rub the area of your pain with with antifungal and antiviral oils like nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, oregano and thyme. And eat absolutely no sugar, not even from fruit until you notice the pain start to dissipate. Consume at least 2 pipettes full of garlic tincture in a glass of water at least 3 times a day. You can mix a little oregano tincture in it as well. Also, get some moringa, triphala powder and bitter melon and drink on an empty stomach for breakfast. Stay on a cooked vegetable only diet. Beets, lemongrass, bean sprouts are your friends. Someone here introduced me to blue vervain herb as well and I find it tastes just like goldenseal. You can get some goldenseal tea and drink a cup of it everyday for 5 days as well as take a couple drops of blue vervain tincture. Don’t underestimate the power of love and make sure someone is touching your stomach in the area of the pain and giving you a hug everyday. If you don’t have someone to do this, write a positive affirmation and tape it to the area of the pain and talk to it, remind that area that you love that part as much as every other part. I hope you have a speedy recovery, and get well fast. When you do start feeling better, take a gut probiotic as a prophylactic until you’re in the clear and all caught up.

• @PrettyLuv thank you so much for your advice.
    I stopped eating bananas and switched to chicken and rice, and so far the pain has been less. I will try your suggestions tomorrow morning.

• @Melancholy when you reach the probiotic stage of @PrettyLuv ‘s advice try to use one or more of the four Ks i.e. unpasteurised Kefir, Kraut, Kimchi and Kombucha. Store bought probiotics are typically half dead, will not survive the stomach acid and the few that do will not colonise and die after a few days. Home ferments are typically more potent than store bought as you can control the ferment time and environment. Good luck with your return to health.
    https://www.culturedfoodlife.com/

• You forgot applesauce!! hugs

• @Melancholy Curious how you are fairing now?