A hug for your heart

[Deleted User]GreyAndGreen (deleted user)

Are there any TV shows you watch that feel like a hug for your heart?

For me, 'Hey Arnold!' comes to mind.

Comments

• Awww! I used to love Zoom! Still got the theme song stuck in my head

• [Deleted User]snugglexoxo07 (deleted user)

Definitely How I met your mother! ♡

• [Deleted User]Gambler34 (deleted user)

I love Heartland

• edited January 2023

The Great Britain Baking Show with Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry. Mary Berry reminds me of my grandma. I love her. The show makes me feel so comforted. Especially when they make the cutest, most delicate treats.

• [Deleted User]GreyAndGreen (deleted user)

@PrettyLuv - That's great to know! I steer clear of cooking competition shows, as generally I find them mean spirited (Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen, and so on). Thanks for the recommendation. :)

• Rom coms like the wedding singer, they make me tear up towards the end but shhh 🤫 don’t tell any nobody 🤐

@cuddles_ndream Your secret is safe with me. ;)

• Virgin River

• @GreyAndGreen whoa! I haven’t thought about, Hey Arnold in ages ! Kinda brings up some childhood favorites of mine, The Simpson’s to name one 💖
    Don’t know if it constitutes a hug for my heart but laughter was guaranteed 🤷‍♀️🤪

• [Deleted User]CatGirlColorado (deleted user)

It’s not a tv show but Garfield’s Christmas Special. I had the tradition of watching it as a child, then as an adult watching it with my son when he was little. We would watch that, then follow it up with Gremlins (it’s a Christmas movie too). This year we watched Gremlins at the movie theater at a special showing. It was a nice experience.

@Nature_Lover_ - It holds up so well. The tackle so many difficult situations: perfectionism, addiction, isolation, to name a few. And they did it with tact, kindness, and empathy.

@CatGirlColorado - Yes! It's such a sweet special. (It's available on YouTube if anyone is interested: )

• CSpan. It’s like watching Rome burning.