About mutually giving karma

I recently got positive karma from a professional cuddler. She did not ask for anything in return, but I also really enjoyed the session, and I have good things to say that I would've given her positive karma for if she hadn't done it first.

However, I seem to recall reading somewhere on this forum that there is presently an issue with "karma trading." I'm having difficulty finding it now using the forum search, but from what I understand there is an issue especially in professional cuddling where people feel a pressure to give positive karma in order to receive positive karma in return. I further recall reading that, as a countermeasure, sometimes this "traded karma" is deleted.

Unfortunately, it's not clear to me how administrators would make a distinction between traded karma, and legitimate cases of two people giving each other honest positive karma.

So my question is, is it okay for me to give her karma even though she already gave me karma, or would it be considered to be "traded?"

Comments

• edited January 2023

Yes it is totally fine for you to write good Karma for her. Mutual Karma is great, and quite common. The problem is when people actively trade Karma: "I'll write good Karma for you if you write it for me". There are various circumstances in which unscrupulous or dishonest people do this. That's not what's happening in this case - the professional did not solicit Karma from you.

You are right that in one instance it would be hard for the mods to spot it. This is the kind of thing that is easier to spot when there is a pattern, or some supporting evidence.

Karma must always be true, fair and polite. In particular it must not mislead somebody who may rely on it. False, abusive, misleading or traded Karma should be Reported, and is routinely deleted by the mods. If in doubt, Report and let the mods sort it out. Guilt does not necessarily mean a ban - there are various sanctions available so that the punishment can fit the crime.

• Wondering about providing a second karma, if you have multiple sessions with someone? Perhaps you might say new things, that a session becomes better the more you cuddle with someone? Or that it becomes less interesting?

I have noticed the "repeat client" designation as well, wondering if that is applied if you edit a previous karma to add a second session?

Thanks for any and all insights!

• edited January 2023

"Repeat client" is nothing to do with Karma. It appears automatically following a second session booked through the site system.