What questions do you have about platonic cuddling?

2»

Comments

• Dear Annie and Sarah.
    Annie's words are so right, we are all very different and if someone offended you, try to believe we are not all like that and please,please stay part of the group, we all need to be cuddled, it is a we bit far for me to pop over and give you a cuddle but I would if I could. As you can see from my threads I try to love everyone and those who get a kick out of aggressive blogging try to be happy for every one, believe me life is to short and cuddling is far far far to important.
     The staff meeting is on for today and much to my surprise there is going to be a lot of people there, some doctors, addmin and even the hospital manager, opps i think I have started  something.
     I would like to say my colleague who was forbidden to carry on cuddling has come to an agreement with her husband, so long as she is not alone and there are other staff around he MAY be OK with it, I will add she is of a culture that has very strong views about women and there lives ( women are things owned by there men, If you my drift) still he did get an ear full the yesterday  from one of the other staff members and that may have soften his stance. So there are no cheaters on my watch but then today my change all that.
    You have a good cuddling day, I know I am going to. love you all John.
  • [Deleted User]sarah35 (deleted user)
    Thank you Annie and John.
    I have a strong opinion on the matter. My history plays a factor in why my opinion of the subject matters. I feel strongly that this is one life and as an independent woman, coming from a long line of independent women, I shouldn't feel as though in searching for companionship means to only look at my one partner. The boundaries we put ourselves in can be overcome. I have so much love to give and comfort to give and in wanting more shouldn't mean I am doing harm. If I wanted to I'm sure I could find a job of being a comforter for an autistic woman or male because I have that empath capability. I work in that type of field. But instead I need more of confident person, more of a give and take rather than just focusing on what non verbal individuals need on a daily basis. I comfort with touch all day to people who have the ability to have behaviors instead of expressing appropriately. I work with another individual who curses the living daylights out of you and punches people in the face and the back of the head constantly. Sometimes after a rough day and you come into physical pain that keeps exhausted and worn out. By the next morning it starts all over. Kiss the person good bye and start with giving so much and wishing today theres no kicking or cursing to the fires of hell. I want to find another job but it's so fulfilling when the good days happen and made that cranky persons day just by proving how much trust in that person to motivate her into the light of sunshine. Sometimes i need a person to call and hug so tightly we both just might fall down. I lost my friends and family because i am so dedicated to helping others. Maybe this is way too long of an explanation of why platonic cuddling isn't cheating. But its my rationale. Thank you and Namaste.
    Sarah
  • In my opinion, I can see how if you are in a relationship it would be hard to find a partner who has no reservations about you going to meet others to cuddle as cuddling is a connective experience, and can be quite intimate. It is for the same reason it would be a hard sell to explain to your partner that there is a work or social friend of the same sex, and you are just wanting to go hang at their house for the evening. That doesn't mean the intentions are ill, just that the partner may be jealous and that is an understandable emotion. The pro who I have seen before said she has a lot of married men who see her, and many of them don't tell their spouses. That's not something I would do, I would hope that if I were in a relationship that my partner would be the only cuddle buddy I would need. But alas I am single, so bring on the cuddles.
  • I meant to say opposite sex work or social friend, not same sex in above post
  • Hi all.
    The survey, there was 120 staff members attended my meeting, Some one put it on the notice board and did not tell me.
    The split was about 80 women and the balance men.
    Ages range from Candy strippers 16 years to old people like me say 70 years for round fig's.
    All had asked there partners and some had made notes which were read out. Very comical.
    84% partners had no thoughts on the subject, seeing it as simply part of age care.
    In fact some (partners) even said I know you touch private parts every day, why is this different.
    Of the ones who did have an opinion, some thoughts about closeness and if the cuddler is giving to much away and not giving it to them in the same way, This is jealously in a very mild form and easily overcome by talking about it.
    Apart from the one staffer as mentioned before no other strong views, there was a lot of comedy and I will leave it for another day.
    Anyway it has been agreed that all staff must explain to partners what there job entails in detail ( private bits and all), I asked if a note of acceptance should be signed by partners but that did not go down to well.
    Hospital management all ok, one staffer asked if we can get a rise based on the number of cuddles, type of cuddles but the boss said how would he police it and the honesty box put forward by the same staffer was not going to work.
    Funandadventure John, Auckland NZ.