Goodbye Old Friend

You were the first one I bought with my own money. Then came the Strat, the Les Paul, and the Flying V. Over time the fingers began to stiffen thanks to arthritis, and the other three were passed along to other homes. But I kept you. Until tonight, when I passed you along to a youngster in the neighborhood. I could hear and feel the music that was still inside you, and now I'm sure it will be set free and you'll be handled with care by her delicate, and skillful, fingers.

Comments

• Badass guitar 🔥🔥🔥

• @cuddles_ndream Ovation Model 1612-1. Made in 1975. I bought it used in 1980. A very versatile acoustic/electric. I had a pedal board that I used with my electric guitars. I could plug this one into it and create all kinds of unusual, beautiful sounds. Guitars need to be played. I'm sure the youngster who has it now will put it to very good use. It has such a sweet acoustic sound.

• Great share thanks. Wishing many more beautiful melodies ahead.

• @CallMeMikey Respect to you for passing it along, I know it must’ve been a hard decision to part with it 🌌 🙏🏻

• Beautiful job, it can be incredibly hard to let things go.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• That’s awesome! I have a similar story, a few years ago I gave my Birds Eye maple Les Paul to a young man, with the only stipulation that should he ever stop playing, that it finds it’s way back to me. As long as it’s still played and loved, however, it’s his. It was a little sad to see it go but I’m overjoyed when I see him playing it.

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

@CallMeMikey A very kind and generous thing to do.

• Beautiful ... guitar and generous gesture of passing it to the next generation. <3