Does anyone here use Procreate for iPad?

Especially in the Dallas Ft / Worth area?

Comments

• I do , but not in your area. Did you have a question I can help you with?

• Yep yep. Not nearby.

• I was just looking for a local group or individual.
    I thought of offering to trade hand sketching, illustration, drawing etc for Procreate help. I’m just using basics for editing my art scans before printing.
    YouTube videos don’t work well for me for a few reasons.
    Local isn’t totally necessary but could be easier.

• edited January 2023

I use procreate. Maybe check and see if there are any local art groups on Facebook? Or maybe a discord room of artists and share there.

I’d suggest looking up photo tutorials on Pinterest as well. Those usually help me find what I need to without having to watch a video. But if I needed to, I can refer to a video for a “real time” perspective.

Edit: Like are you looking for critiques on your work, suggestions? What is it you’re trying to accomplish or skill you’d like to strengthen?

• I just need help learning to use it to create new art. Like everything with layers, making new brushes, etc. It’s all seeming overwhelming because I’m a traditional illustrator/painter and want to learn to create digital art. I want in person lessons honestly, if possible because I learn visually, usually having questions while we go. I’ve tried online tutoring but they’re not thorough, detail oriented and go super fast.
    I taught college level design, painting, fashion illustration, life drawing in 70s 80s. It takes special methods to teach and I’m not getting what I need from online tutoring.
    DM me if you are interested in tutoring to my level? Thanks!

• edited January 2023

I taught myself how to use procreate. I will occasionally watch a YouTube tutorial where I draw along to learn new techniques and how to use features I've never touched before.

Honestly I found just playing around with the features helped tremendously getting comfortable and proficient with the program.

Alpha lock and clipping mask are two features you should familiarize yourself with. These can save you so much time! Name your layers for more detailed pieces.

I have a few artists who offer really nice tutorials for everyone even beginners.

I'll link a couple here
    https://youtube.com/@BardotBrush
    https://youtube.com/@ArtwithFlo

• This is great info, I really appreciate it. I haven’t worked in layers much. A little more in photoshop. It’s just finding what I need specifically that’s a challenge. I use google a lot. Anyway I’ll check out your suggestions. Thanks again!

• You're welcome! It's a really easy app once you figure out how to use a few tools. I came from illustrator and Photoshop myself and found that I enjoy procreate just as much if not more.

Good luck wish I was closer to sit down and help you in person. 🤗