2 hour minimums. Is this now the standard?

I have been on this site for about 4 or 5 years now give or take.
Why are some pros forcing a two hour minimum? Yes I used forcing since that is kinda the case. For the most part this doesn’t bother me since I typically like 2 hours anyway.
What I do find challenging is when you start cuddling with the person and there is simply no chemistry. I had that happen a few months back. The cuddler didn’t look like her profile pics first off, then the conversation and comfort just wasn’t there. I found myself mentally counting down the time and couldn’t wait till the timer went off.
In that case I would have ended it at an hour, but even these many months later it still bothers me that I spent two hours with this person. What I have found myself doing is just cutting the session short and paying for the full time which just doesn’t seem right to me.

With the two hour minimums I am considerably more selective than I used to be. I try to engage in some sort of conversation to make sure we get along before committing to anyone. And if they ask for a deposit on top of all of this I tend to move on.

I feel cuddling It is becoming much more transactional now than comforting in my opinion.

With all of this said I do understand the risk women especially are dealing with and I don’t take that lightly but I don’t feel like that has anything to do with these trends I am seeing.

Comments

• I think you have expressed your concerns and disappointments very well and politely. Unfortunately, the site doesn't allow for "complaints" regarding pricing, so this thread won't last long. But I think you've done a fair, eloquent, and respectful job of expressing yourself and I 100% empathize with you. Thank you for sharing. Big hugs.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Really? I wouldn’t say it is a complaint so much as a concern over trends which would lead to a reduction in participants.

• [Deleted User]Devin100 (deleted user)

Well said

• edited March 2023

I'm totally with you, @theidea. 🤗 But yes, this is how it is:

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/2999/forum-rules-your-moderators

"Price Discussion: Please avoid creating new threads to complain about the choice of rates by professional cuddlers. These threads are highly repetitive for this community and typically escalate into unpleasant discourse. You may voice your opinion on this subject in the stickied mega-thread here:" https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/4600/why-is-there-such-a-disparity-in-price/p1

I really hope you have better luck connecting with cuddlers in the future so you avoid the lack of personal chemistry. That would be extremely upsetting, and I really feel for you. This is why I prefer to make friends here, first and foremost. The cuddling is a bonus. The connection is what is important to me.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Thanks @SunsetSnuggles I altered my entire post just to reflect the 2 hour minimum.

• I don't mind the two hour minimum if someone is traveling to me. They are paying for gas and using their time to travel back and forth. It has to be worth it for them. If they are hosting I would hope a 1 hr option would be there just to make sure there is chemistry (maybe with an option to extend).

• @theidea Anytime. 🤗 I think it's totally fair to request no minimum for a first cuddle. Maybe they would negotiate. I would be very frustrated to pay for two hours with someone who was, say, a dead fish, or fell asleep, or wasn't engaged in conversation, felt transactional, etc. The clients are taking a financial and time risk, which should be appreciated.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• if the cuddle pro can terminate the session at any time, why can't the client? You should have ended the session

• As I have said elsewhere, the market decides. If a pro's terms are a 2-hour minimum, and they aren't getting any business, then they will likely change the terms. I can see the point of a minimum if you have to travel ... seems a waste to drive an hour to and from for an hour cuddle. But I will leave it to pros to explain the thinking behind it.

• This site has changed so much the last 4 or 5 years..the prices have gone sky high and now they want deposits and minimum hours plus travel fees and all kinds of stuff. Just the last 2 weeks I have had someone cancel on me at the last minute who required a deposit and they didnt refund my deposit even though they cancelled and I put in complaint and I have not heard anything and then I had someone come for a cuddle and their child got sick in middle of session and she had to leave and again I asked for the other half of money back and she told me no due to terms and conditions she had to right to cancel at anytime for any reason even though it was her fault. Most of the women on here are great, just some have found a way to work around the system to take advantage of us

• @mike1974 I don’t feel like we are being takin advantage of personally. Pros can do what they want. I haven’t had one cancel on me and try to keep a deposit or walk out half way through.
    So maybe my experience is different.
    My thing is really the two hour minimum. And deposits like anything shouldn’t be allowed or at least refundable within reason.

• @theidea I think you bring a very valid point and I agree with you almost 100% the difference being that you go for the 2 hour session, I don’t. And yes I have noticed that now the standard price has gone up to 100 for the most part so I’m not cuddling with pros unless I can find somebody in my price range. Just recently I cuddled a pro that was well below the above mentioned standard and I had a lovely session.
    But if I see (which now I do a lot) 2 hour minimum on the profile or the first communication goes “how many hours you want” then it ends there for me. I won’t do a multiple hour first cuddle because of what the OP stated.
    So yeah, I will only cuddle for an hour and if the price is in my range which means I won’t be cuddling much but it is what it is and it ain’t what it ain’t.

• Like I said most are on the up and up, I have just ran into some recently who have made a mockery of what this site is all about.

• You brought up a very good point here. I have noticed the same. There is a push for 2 hours of minimums. And that push sometimes makes sense when the pro is traveling to you and spends some time and money. Till here it’s acceptable for me.
    I don’t like the idea of 2 hours minimums along with paying travel costs. It’s a straight No-no for me.

Deposits in general are a straight no for me as trust has be to be from both the sides. I usually host in a hotel and if Pro doesn’t show up, it’s me who lose time and money. So it’s a risk at both ends. I am clear about not paying any deposits.

• I feel like Pro cuddlers might do 2 hour minimum especially if they're hosting so there aren't as many people in and out of their home maybe when they have to travel to you 2 hour minimum works best for them due to travel time and gas

• @theidea firstly thanks for being a long time member here. 👍 I’ve been here a bit also.

I was interested in your thread for a couple reasons I was one of those people who couldn’t adjust comfortably in an hour session Back in 2017 I was asking members can we have a session longer than an hour? Now I understand the “chemistry “ issue you mentioned. I was wondering if a short video session before meeting would be possible for you ? That may or may not help with everything though

Also love your city and community. I had holiday plans last December that got canceled by storms and massive airlines disruption. I had plans to meet members in Clearwater areas and they were all so accommodating and pleasant. I think any of them would have worked with you on concerns mentioned. I feel you are fortunate to have so many members in that area Just some thoughts and hope you’re having a great weekend in sunny ☀️ Florida as I’m looking at 2 inches of fresh snow on my deck in Ohio this morning 😳

• edited March 2023

I think 2 hour minimums make sense since this is gig work for many professionals. Setting aside time in their day or a block in their weekend for a one hour cuddle might not be worth it to them.

A short video session might help. You'll get a better idea for if their pictures really match who they are and get a better sense of their vibe. It's hard to get to know professionals because many don't want to chit-chat and would rather just have a client who gets right down to business (which makes sense they are pros not enthusiasts).

As far as deposits go, I recommend you avoid paying any deposits unless that professional has a lot of positive karma.

• Hats off to pros. I can’t imagine having to video call and do all kinds of messaging just to get a client.

Two hours minimum is worth considering what pros go through. I’m sure there are some who doesn’t charge a minimum of 2.

• @Tigerlilly32 I could severely argue this sentiment till the end of time to be honest. I ran my own business for a number of years and I have spent considerably more effort to obtain a client than I bet alot of pros have on here. For weeks, months and even years I could talk to a potential customer and they could never end up ordering anything. Or they tell you they bought from someone else. Imagine if client on here did that. “Hey I decided not to go with you because blah blah is a taller, shorter cuddlier or whatever”. On a two hour minimum I think there should be some give from the pro. The benefit of the cuddle is more of a one way street between a client and a pro in most cases. It takes effort to gain a client no matter what industry you choose to be in.

• I don’t mind if it says two hours minimum, only one person ever did I wish it ended even before it started and that was due to them just not wanting to cuddle but getting paid for it. Just lying about everything, they got banned a few days later not due to my complaints but others.
    Anyway back to the topic, if you’re worried there might be no chemistry then just don’t book so you can avoid any potential no chemistry cuddles. End of story. Happy cuddles everyone.

• @Tigerlilly32 posted: "I can’t imagine having to video call and do all kinds of messaging just to get a client."

Many, many Pro's require video calls for their own safety, to explicitly cover boundary expectations, and to check for compatible vibes.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I can’t book a pro for two hours because they’ll just get sick of me after the first hour maybe even after the first five minutes lol 😂

• Moved to the Professional Cuddling forum

• 2 hour minimum is ridiculous. An hour can seem like an eternity if you don't gel together. You'll know in the first 10 minutes if things are going south, and have to endure another hour and fifty minutes on top is torture. And you most likely paid her travel fees too. Oof.

• @theidea

For me at least I don't care about obtaining new clients as much as I do about maintaining the ones I currently have. They have shown respect and that I can trust them. New clients always carry a higher risk of problematic behavior, even with screening.

While it's really dependant on the situation and never a hard rule, I generally turn away one hour sessions with new clients because it's really not worth taking a chunk of my day off to mentally and physically prepare + driving across town for an hour. I kindly refer them to another local pro who can accommodate them.

• @theidea

Yeah the high prices combined with minimums are pretty much a show stopper for me. I'm not going to spend $300+ for two hours with someone before I even know if I enjoy her company.

I feel cuddling It is becoming much more transactional now than comforting in my opinion.

From the moment it first occurred to someone to charge for cuddling, it became transactional. You can absolutely make real connections with pro cuddlers, but if they weren't interested in a transactional relationship, they wouldn't charge.

@Tigerlilly32

I can’t imagine having to video call and do all kinds of messaging just to get a client.

Yeah, I'm sure it's a nightmare, having to communicate with people who want to pay you hundreds of dollars to spend time with you.

• If they weren't interested in a transactional relationship, they wouldn't charge.

Not true. Cuddlers could be looking for an authentic connection, while still charging you for the screening process and the risks they are taking by meeting up with you.

• edited March 2023

@cde123

They often are open to an authentic connection, as I mentioned. But having met countless pros, I promise you the primary motivation for almost all of them is to earn money. "I'm going to charge people money for my time, and if I make some real friends too, that's a nice bonus" is a common and understandable motivation. On the other hand, "I want to make some friends, but it's such a pain in the ass to do so that I'm going to charge my potential friends for my time" is honestly a very weird thought and hardly anyone thinks that way.

• To each their own for what they want to charge. I live about an hour from Clearwater and I don’t have a two hour minimum. I have suggested to certain pros that if they can’t host, they should offer a hotel deal. So if a cuddler pays for a hotel and books her for 2 hours, she can give the third hour for free as an incentive. I can vouch for plenty of amazing cuddlers right around you so you have plenty of choices and don’t need to worry about those with a two hour minimum. Good luck 🤞

• I have a 1.5 hr minimum, but that's because I only focus on one cuddle per day, to avoid people coming in and out and me experiencing any distraction from my current session with thoughts about when the next person will be coming. At the same time, I'm more than happy to refund all money if anyone is truly unhappy. I never want someone to feel like they wasted their money on a session with me. 🤷‍♀️