Women Cuddling Women :any hesitation?

Since I’m a newer Professional to this site, I wanted to ask the Professional women here, have you experienced any issues, or resistance to offering cuddle services to other women? I do not want to assume that women feel “ comfortable” because it’s another women ; in respect to our choice to choose.
I’d just like to hear your experiences. Thanks.

Comments

• Everyone has the option to put on their profile who they are comfortable cuddling with. Yours says men, mine says everyone. I wouldn't be opposed to cuddling any one of any gender or identity (including women) however I don't believe there are many women seeking out professional cuddlers.

• edited March 2023

The requirements for being accepted as a professional cuddler are very clear: professionals are expected to cuddle everyone. In other words, if you have signed up as a professional cuddler, you have already agreed to cuddle people of your own gender.

However .... the site recognises that this is a difficult requirement for some people, and it is not strictly enforced. (Almost all of the site's terms and conditions are very strictly enforced, this is a very unusual exception.) It is considered to be more of an aspiration than an inflexible rule.

It is very common for women not to be comfortable cuddling other women. (It's also very common for women to be comfortable with this.)

It is rare for women to seek out professional cuddlers at all. Of those that do, a considerable proportion are seeking to cuddle a woman professional or are at least happy to do so. Here in London, a serious professional will get an enquiry from a woman prospective client sooner or later.

Cuddle Comfort is based in the UK. Here it is illegal to discriminate against anyone because of what are called 'protected characteristics'. These are:

being married or in a civil partnership
    being pregnant or on maternity leave
    disability
    race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin
    religion or belief
    sex
    sexual orientation

In other words, it would be illegal for a professional cuddler to refuse to cuddle somebody of their own gender.

• Thank you both for taking the time to comment and share. It’s appreciated!

• FWIW, having talked to several pros about cuddling women, most of them had never had a female client, and of those that had, it was 1 or 2 women clients over several years of pro cuddling.

• Yea, I’ve only had a couple female cuddlers over 4 years.

• Fwiw, clientele is going to vary widely based upon the platform. From what I have observed thus far, some cuddle communities are more diverse than others....CC is less diverse, though not the least.

I've had more luck offering services via other platforms/sites, partially because they are were I started my platonic cuddling experiences, but also I think because they are FAR, FAR more open to LGBTQ+, alternative relationships, neurodivergence, adapting for accessibility, etc. Since accessibility is important to me as an enthusiast, client, and professional provider... CC just hasn't quite been what I'd hoped in terms of making local connections, though I've made good ones further away.

Again, I am speaking from my own observations from personal experiences and cannot speak for others or as whole across regions or anything like that. I've had a few women as clients, but then I've also specifically marketed as being a safe, touch-trauma informed space for women as a contrast to most the other gender balanced cuddle parties offered locally. I'm working on getting a few event leadership certs done so I can host official events as well as one-on-ones, but I think there really is a need for femme-focused safe cuddle spaces and professionals (not just women, but also transfemmes, femme leaning NB, etc.). That's not to say that the work isn't absolutely needed for men - it is, because of the way our society socializes them to avoid platonic touch... But not to the point that we are at now where we completely ignore femme spaces in the industry. We will never grow to full inclusion and integration otherwise. Both are necessary.