Why did you start cuddling as a profession?

[Deleted User]RaeLew (deleted user)

Hey cuddle family! This question randomly crossed my mind and I've also been thinking about it for myself. On a website where there are paid and unpaid enthusiasts to cuddle... What made you decide to charge for it?

If you're someone who's triggered by there being "professionals" (people who charge) on the site, I politely ask that you sit this one out, please. I'm just curious and figured it'd be nice for others to see your input as a professional. Whatever your reasoning was to switch from enthusiast to professional, your answer is valid to me - whether you're trying to heal the world or you just needed a job and this is something you're good at, I'd like to hear it <3

Comments

• [Deleted User]RaeLew (deleted user)

I guess I'll give my answer first since I asked: I enjoy cuddling and affection and want to do work that I enjoy. I find I'm at my best and have my best self to offer people when I enjoy what I do and that spirals outward to others. The financial aspect is also a barrier of entry - clears out time-wasters, energy vampires, people looking for more, etc bc I make it clear what I'm offering. Doesn't get rid of them all, but it does help.

• 💰 💴 💵 🪙 💸 💶💷

• @RaeLew I’m along the same lines as you. I do this for my state of mind. Everyone strives to find a job that they can love. Some stick to jobs they hate or try to tolerate. I hated that life. I worked so many different jobs that were unenjoyable. I felt stuck. It was just day in/day out boredom. Wake up, work, sleep, wake up, work, sleep. I couldn’t do it anymore and then someone I was hugging one day said I should do hugging or cuddling for a living. He laughed, I laughed, we both laughed. But then I got home and side eyed the whole thing and decided to look up professional hugging and it led me to cuddling. Talked with my hubby about it to get support from him on it. We figured out a system that was comfortable for both of us, and off I went.

Finally being able to set my own hours, meet amazing ppl, learn so many new things and have a job I loved talking about was so relieving. I knew I wasn’t meant to drown myself in 351 days of labour with two week vacation. It’s just not healthy. This job is hard work but it’s rewarding and gives me a sense of self worth and peace of mind. 🌸🌸

• I'm currently an enthusiast, but when I was a pro...I started, quite simply, because I needed human touch. The thought of helping others AND being paid on top of that was wildly appealing. I thought it would be amazing to make friends as well as I do not have very many. I never had anyone book with me so I downgraded to an enthusiast account. I may try again though.

• I’m naturally empathetic and I love being able to pour into people. Previously I was working as a yoga therapist helping people with trauma find peace and comfort in their bodies. This work called out to me while I was praying one day and it’s an extension of what I had already been doing. I would certainly charge because I pour a lot of energy into maintaining a spa like experience for my guest + show undivided attention. I also believe that money is a act of being shown gratitude & appreciation.

• I started because it is a unique and fulfilling way to help people (and myself included) feel more connected and less lonely. I enjoy meeting new people and learning new things, and helping people. I still work my normal job but this is at least something I enjoy and look forward to when I have sessions.

• I have a passion for no one feeling alone, invisible, misunderstood, or unaccepted. Even in my dinky side job, people will naturally come to me and share with me almost instantly. I am told that they can tell I have good trusting nonjudgmental energy that just makes people instantly comfortable. I am blessed and honored that people feel safe around me. 💜