New to this. Tips?

Hi everyone!

I’m new to this but excited to get started. I was hoping you may share some tips and tricks for getting started right! Things to watch out for, things to take with me to a session, etc. any advice is greatly appreciated! Also, how do you ensure your safety? Do you take someone with you who sits outside or???

Thanks!

Comments

• I'm just a guy so I cannot offer advice, but I can say welcome, and best of luck to you.

• It's going to be different for everyone, don't stress, have fun, if you're picking pros go with your instinct not the reviews or their profile, message them...if you hit it off then you're likely it'll go well

• Moved to Professional Cuddling

• edited March 2023

Hello! First there is a forum post you can reference here:
    https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/13617/welcome-new-professionals#p1

Some tips from a moderator:

• Always get a photo of who you are meeting.
    • Do not exchange contact info before a booking proposal is accepted.
    • Once accepted, have a chat - preferably video - to see if they are a right fit. If not, cancel the booking.
    • Do not provide any personal contact info. Get something like a Google Voice number to communicate with, though keeping the convo on-site is always recommended.
    • Always book using the booking panel, and be sure it is for the correct length and amount being charged. This acts as a contract between you and the client.
    • Adding to the previous point, do not book off-site, including repeat clients. This is an easy one to forget for both the client and the pro.
    • You do not have to take clothing requests.
    • Report anyone that sends non-platonic messaging or tries to get you to violate any of the points above.
    • Reach out to other pros who are willing to help you get started. You can find them on the pro forum.
    • Take screenshots of anything inappropriate and include it in your reports.
    • Have fun!
  • Here are a few ways to stay safe...

▪︎ Screen your clients/cuddle partner. Here are a few of the ways you can do this: Always ask for a picture if they don't have one. You can do a video or voice chat to get a better idea of their personality and behavior before meeting. Video would also confirm if their pic is them. You can ask for references from previous cuddling partners if they have any. Some people meet clients/cuddle partners in a public place first to make sure they dont have any bad vibes before continuing to the cuddle location. Trust your instincts/gut!

▪︎ Make sure you have clear communication with the client/cuddle partner about boundaries and expectations beforehand.
    ▪︎ Keep it platonic.
    ▪︎ Don't be afraid to stop / leave a session if you feel uncomfortable or unsafe.

▪︎ It's also important to have a safety plan in place in case of any uncomfortable situations.
    ▪︎ I have my safety contact (friend or family member) that I let know who I am having a session with, when and how long it is supposed to last, and where it is happening. If there is any change, I let them know (like session extended for X time, location changes, etc). After a session and when I am safely alone in my car (or in my house or hotel room with door locked) I let my safety contact know the session has ended and that I am headed home and message them again once I am home.
    ▪︎ Also I set time after a session should have ended that if I haven't contacted my safety contact, they should try to contact me and then help if I don't answer.
    ▪︎ With safety contacts, sometimes it's also good to have a safeword you can work into a sentence to let them know something is wrong. Also a question they can ask or a phrase you can say so they know it's you and not someone else.

I use a safety contact when doing other activities too so I'm pretty good about remembering to check in.

I'm pretty new to CC myself but I hope we can both stay safe!

• A word about safewords -

If you will be texting it, make sure 1) your phone is locked and not ever left unattended, 2) that if you will reuse the same one you delete it after you've sent it.

Abusive/violent people aren't always so on the first meet - they may take time to groom you and try to earn your trust/let your guard down. If your phone is unlocked and/or your safeword easy to find in previous messages, it effectively becomes a bigger hazard than not having one - because now they can send it on your behalf giving your check-in person a false "all is well" report.

Similarly, not using biometrics (fingerprints, face scan) that they can force you to use is safer - a full password is safest and some newer phones and safety apps even have the option to have a dummy passcode that if entered sends out an SOS.

I've emailed my safety protocols to my people and then deleted my copies from my phone so there is no ties from my phone to how I will be checking in. I also have code words for both good and bad situations that are quick and easy to throw in to either text or conversation without sounding suspicious.

I worked in hotels for over 16 years and Sacramento has a scary high number of trafficking victims - it's always better to be prepared than to be a statistic.

• To add to my tips, on the point of booking on the booking panel and not skipping it for repeat clients, I mention that not only because it’s against the rules, but also because you are giving the client power over you in your session. They may have more incentive to try something sexual if the session isn’t done through the site. We wouldn’t want anyone to be afraid of reporting someone when it would bring their own account status into question. I’m mindful of that because I want everyone to be reported, but it may cause a warning or even a ban if it seems like a rampant issue. It’s better to avoid it if you can. Your safety is most important.

• Not to disagree with the comments prior regarding tips for your safety, but I have a different group of tips....as how to provide an excellent service and build your business :)

First, fine-tune your strategies for achieving connection. You will learn there are many different ways to do this, as there are so many different people with varying needs. This could include a full workshop to explore.

Second, consider the threefold aspect of cuddling.....the body, heart, and mind. Being aware of different positions, signs of pleasure and displeasure through touch, pressure, etc. all are parts of body-cuddling. Heart cuddling concerns how one creates a safe space to discuss feelings, relationships, loneliness, etc., if that's part of the session needs that you determine. Spirit/mind cuddling involves the sharing of ideas, especially important for those sapios who love cuddling (lik Combining touch while discussing ideas, poetry, or politics has special appeal.

Third, the beginning and ending of sessions is crucial, and most cuddlers have put in precious little time considering this. Introductions for first time sessions can vary tremendously...based primarily upon how you perceive the emotional state of the client. Are they shy? Would a warm hug be perfect, or too intense? Would a conversation be better? And the ending of the session is also so important.....some pros use alarms on their phones to indicate the time is finished, leading to a peremptory ending. And others bring more consciousness to the ending, speaking words of heartfelt gratitude, inviting future sessions, etc.

Finally, spend some time imagining how you would like to create the environment of the session. What kind of music do you want to play? Will you check in with the client to see what they prefer? Do you light candles? Have fresh flowers? Consider essential oils, incense, hand lotion can all add to the session.

So much to consider as you venture out into this world of therapeutic cuddling.....Best of luck to you!

• @beaubliss

the beginning and ending of sessions is crucial, and most cuddlers have put in precious little time considering this.

Absolutely true.

• I’m a pro, and I set a soft, chime-y timer for 5 min prior to the session’s end. When that goes off, I snooze it. It brings the session to a gentle end and I like the non-rushed closure. It respects both of our time and yet we don’t have to stop cuddling to check the time, or worry about it. 💛💛💛