Flakes

Really not liking all these flakes … they keep things going for even weeks long and don’t end up doing a session at the last minute

Comments

• edited March 2023

well, that's sad. Sorry to hear that. I hate hearing these stories because it makes us legit guys look bad.

• That's not cool, if I were closer I'd schedule with you

• I'll sorry to here that. I'm sure you will fin
    d some good ones!

• Time wasters always suck. I think there’s a fine line between being compassionate and understanding while trying to make a connection AND spending so much time with someone that they don’t ever book. I’m an enthusiast, so that’s not an issue with me. I do hope some other pros weigh in with some tips for you.

• Are they booking with you and then cancelling or just not booking at all? I know some pros tend to discourage communication going on and on before setting an appointment, so as to avoid just becoming pen pals.

• edited March 2023

Limit communication to screening where you discuss boundaries, expectations , deposits/gas/toll etc if they are applicable and any details regarding hosting logistics.

After that there's really no need for daily chit chat leading up to a session. Anything more is just freely giving your time to someone who will almost certainly flake or last minute cancel.

There's a lot of guys here who just want a pen pal or someone to talk to which is fine, if that's the mutual agreement, but many will take advantage of your kindness and try to string you along with promises of a booking. Don't fall for it.

If they seem unsure after I've answered all relevant questions, I kindly tell them to reach out to me when they are ready to commit to a session. This eliminates majority of the time wasters.

• i had someone do that to me for almost a month lol, i keep convo at a minimum aside from screening questions. there’s sites that charge you to talk to women so these time wasters are probably using us as a way to avoid that

• edited March 2023

I can see why this might be annoying. I do have some good friends who happen to be pro cuddlers. I always try to make it clear that I'm not necessarily a potential client before there is too much back and forth, so then the ball is kinda in their court to decide how much time and energy to invest. Sometimes I might never hear from them again , while other times we end up becoming great friends and go on vacations together. Ultimately I just follow their lead and respect that they are a pro and even if we're buds dowsnr mean we're gonna necessarily be cuddle buds.

• @Rezz beautifully said and I second the emphasis on healthy boundaries and consent.

• @Rezz I absolutely agree. I've fallen for the months long chit chats and broken promises to book. I've had to set healthy boundaries as I can be a little too nice for my own good.

• That is about 99%of my interaction here, sorry to say

• Feel for ya. It’s so damaging to have people talk about scheduling, up to the point of picking a time and getting payment links, then completely ghosting. I’m probably going to request deposits at this point to reserve a time. I had 3 short notice ghosts/cancellations in the same week and can’t keep doing this if that’s the trend. It’s so disrespectful and makes me wonder if it’s because I clearly stick to platonic boundaries. Super suspicious!

• @Rezz @pmvines
    Perfectly said! Thanks!