Haggling and negotiating

Hi there,

Is it normal to get clients trying to barter you to lower your rates?

Honest to heavens. They dont do this at the shops so why do they think it's acceptable here.

I'm sorry but its not my responsibility to price myself within your budget.

Mini rant over.

1. Would you lower your rates if someone asked you too?22 votes
    1. Yes
      31.82%
    2. No
      68.18%

Comments

• It’s definitely frustrating. I did put yes to your poll but that’s more something I would consider for reoccurring cuddlers. I have some that have been with me since 4 years ago and they pay my old price. I don’t do this very often.

One time a couple years back, a cuddler asked if I could do $50/hour because he’s super short on cash. It seemed odd to me because he had 3 jobs, lived with his parents and didn’t pay rent. But he was always usually nice to me so I said sure. During that week, I noticed his karma went up like, 4 reviews. I thought, wow what a jump. So I looked. And all four karmas are were from pros saying how they cuddled him that same week, how he booked multiple hours and each pro charged $150 and up. I was furious. Even if he managed to finagle all 4 of those pros to half their price, he probably spent minimum $500…. Why are you pushing me down to half my amount whining about money but then booking with multiple pros in one week that charge $150-250/hour? I was not happy.

• People who are genuinely short of money almost never mention it. People who ask for discounts, or claim they are short this month, are almost always professional price-whiners. If it's a new client asking for a lower rate, I guarantee that they can afford your standard rate just fine.

These types moan about prices and try to get discounts everywhere that isn't a normal shop. It's nothing to do with cuddling. They are just mean.

People who are genuinely struggling to afford cuddling don't say anything. The shame of being broke is hard enough to bear without boasting about it. They book one hour, occasionally, with a lower-priced professional. They are the ones to watch out for, and offer discounts to.

• In almost every cuddling context I don't bring up price. If someone charges more than I want to pay, I just don't message her. I think this is pretty much the only reasonable policy.

There is one exception though where I have occasionally mentioned price. If a cuddler reaches out to me and asks if I want a session, and she charges too much, I will occasionally say "Sorry, your price is too expensive for me." In one case she then offered a discount... but the price was still way above average and I didn't book.