Update

Good Morning everyone. I wish I was typing good news, but I'm afraid its not looking good. I have tried to as reasonable as possible regarding my upcoming session. I know that its normal for pros to take a bit of break from here, However considering that the session is for tomorrow and I've not heard anything at all gives me concern not just for me but for her as well. Therefor if I have not heard back from her by this time tonight, I will have no other choice but to cancel the session. As I said I have tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, but now I have to look out for myself. Just wanted to get this off my chest.

Comments

• I'm sorry you're feeling concerned about the upcoming session. Had you two messaged, prior? Has she deactivated? Have you paid a deposit? Is she new/does she have good Karma?

~ Sunset Snuggles

• She has good karma, this would be our second session, and no I did not pay a deposit. Were suppose to go to dinner and a play, she bought the tickets and I'm planning on reimbursing her, I messaged her a few weeks ago and wanted to give her space, but now it just seems odd that she doesn't have 5 minutes to at least respond.

• It's possible your message got lost in the shuffle. I would send her a polite PM just asking if you're still on, to bump yourself to the top of her inbox. If you've seen her before and she bought tickets, I would find it very unlikely she would flake on you.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I do to I sent her a polite message yesterday and so far nothing. I know she got my texts but whether or not she read them I can't say.

• edited March 2023

I think this is one of the 'cons' of the site. I get the general concern for her since she has bought tickets to a show and has disappeared, but you sound a bit too needy here. You have to remember that this is a platonic cuddling site. I know pros will often do overnights and will do a 'date' night for lack of a better term, but this is not a date. It is only your second session and it seems like you do not know this cuddler very well on a personal level. There have been other topics about being ghosted/ignored, etc, I also find it annoying, but you may just to accept that perhaps she does not want to do the session. Hopefully she is fine otherwise.

I make it a point to book different cuddlers so I do not become dependent on any particular person. It is very easy to have a great session, feel like you connected and then maybe get a bit too attached. I think that it is a natural feeling, I get it.

At least you are not out any money. I would just be patient, maybe she will just reply to you tomorrow on the day of the session to confirm. And of she does not, then you can just use the money to book someone else.

I had a pro confirm on the same day of a booking, and then 2 hours later cancel. Things happen.

• I know I'm still new to this and yes I do have tendency to become needy. Going forward I plan on not doing this and use this as a learning experience. I know this is strictly platonic and I am a thousand percent behind that, but I just wanted to say it was her idea to go see a play. Maybe she will respond. But if not I will move on.

• Also I am trying to stop being needy.

• @alz480 That is good. It is possible that she could have detected that you were a bit too needy. Again, I could be wrong too but it is the only advice I can think of based on the limited info we have to go on. She seems like she is on the level because you did not have to provide any money up front, so I would give her the benefit of any doubt.

• I Do and I did apologize for coming off too needy

• I assure my intentions are pure sometimes I have trouble picking up signals because I have a disability

• Im sure your intentions are pure BUT.. that sounds more like a date than a cuddle session tbh.

If it's two enthusiasts do whatever you want to do. Ive made friends here when I was an enthusiast and we catch up over lunch or something. That's fine. However, either way breaking bread is not a cuddle. Full stop. There are plenty other websites out there for dates and plenty other sites for those type of pros to charge for them.

• I just want to clarify that at first it’s was just going to be dinner and that was it like a public outing it’s was her idea to want to check out a play when I asked about what a public outing entailed she said stuff like going to a museum a movie or dinner so that’s when I had the idea of going to dinner and a walk afterwards that’s it I did my research it’s the truth

• I think dinner and a play are perfectly fine if that is what you two agreed on doing. I don't see anything wrong with it, nor do I see you coming off as "too needy"

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)
    edited March 2023

And, here we go again…

This site is, tenuously, about cuddling.

But the number of professionals that offer additional, or flat out unrelated, services is staggering.

Virtual cuddles, phone calls, dinner dates, video games, etc etc etc…

It’s nebulous, and there is nothing remotely close to professional regulation.

So, while I understand wanting to impose our own personal definitions, the truth is that “too needy” might be perfectly fine for some of the people here, and “dinner companion services” are not exactly against the ToS, so…

Also, let me get the obligatory, “You aren’t entitled to anything from anyone, even if you both agreed and energy, time, and/or money have been exchanged.”, out of the way.

I think that “Strictly Platonic” might be a more accurate name.

Or even, “Rent a Friend”.

• With all do respect Charlesiswi what exactly did I do wrong i researched what public outings are and stuff like going to a museum a movie or dinner or walking in the park

• I think he was actually defending you.

• Ok I think what it comes down is how each of us define platonic

• @Vianca It's true that the activities they have planned sound like a date and don't constitute cuddling, but just to defend @alz480 for a sec, he's said it's the Pro who offers these services/activity ideas. He's not trying to coerce her into date-like activity, it's part of her package assortment.

As @CharlesInWI pointed out, many, many Pro's offer to accompany people to dinner, movies, city outings, even work events. I definitely found it bizarre at first, and do agree with Charles that it's basically renting a friend, to put it delicately... But just wanted to let you know that it's a common service that Pro's offer.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Thank you for defending me I just see it on other pros who offer to go to museums the movies are taking a walk in the park that doesn’t mean there was anything nefarious

• Is there anything else I can do to convince you that this wasn’t something other than a service that’s other pros offer

• In all fairness, she might also be ill, having a family emergency, or any of a hundred other things that are demanding her attention. Doesn't have to be she has lost interest in the session.

• In all honesty, what are you hoping to achieve by broadcasting this and have you considered how it may come across to the other person if they were to come across this thread ?

• In my defense, I really wanted this to happen. But the fact that she was unable to spare even just 30 seconds to let me know what the situation was, making me wonder whether she was alright or not, in the end what was I suppose to do. I needed some advice whether I should go ahead with the session and hope she shows up, or to just cancel and move on. I waiting for as long as I could but the fact is she did not respond to a single one of my texts. Even to say whether we were still on or not. I considered this closed

• It's very possible that the Pro's life may have gotten pretty busy or hectic. I was trying to schedule with a Pro once, and both her AND my work schedules kept getting in the way. It was SO ridiculous, that we had a whole bunch of laughs about it when we finally met up. MANY Professional Cuddlers have busy lives, AND they are human, so they are prone to crises as much as anyone else. Hopefully everything is fine and they do reach out to you.

• edited March 2023

Lack of communication is a clear indicator. Maybe she’s too busy. Maybe something is going on in her life. Maybe she's uncomfortable for some reason. So many possible explanations. You will most likely never know. It can be painful not knowing. Especially with so many hopes and expectations built up. But the message is clear. It’s time to move on.

• I will move on and that's what I'm going to do.

• At least you didn’t pay in advance.

• True. Life goes on.

• Exactly. The truth is their is no right answer.