Block list feeling limited

I guess server size is an issue to keep things free here, but it makes it very hard to narrow down a search for cuddlers with such a small block list.

1. Should the block list be larger than 200 people?49 votes
    1. Yes, I need it to be at least 3x that large.
      36.73%
    2. No, It seems fine the way it is at 200 people.
      63.27%

Comments

• I didn't know there was a limit to the block list but only a few really bug me so 200 is more than enough.

• If you limit it to active members you probably won't have an issue with this.

• [Deleted User]QueensCurryPuff (deleted user)

@cde123 - I second this. I recently went through my block list and more were banned honestly.

I thinking clearing old the old clutter will make everything a bit easier to navigate.

Especially when the inactive profile are largely blank and have no pictures of themselves.

People are always welcome to rejoin the community if they returned a year later or more! I deleted my profile once because I needed a hard break and wasn’t sure how I felt about continuing.

Eventually came back and started from scratch. All is well now!

• [Deleted User]QueensCurryPuff (deleted user)

Honestly if people need to block that many people

It’s indicative of other problems.

• LOL! I feel I am pretty liberal with blocking people, but have only blocked 27 people. Don't think I'll run up against the 200 limit anytime soon.

That said, I have sometimes contemplated being even more liberal with who I block - like if I'm browsing profiles and see someone I'm sure I'll never cuddle, even if I have zero problem with them, maybe just go ahead and block so they won't keep showing up in my search results. It can get slightly tedious searching for cuddlers and clicking on some of the same profiles, not remembering at first I already looked at them several days or weeks ago and decided they aren't for me.

• edited May 2023

Wow I can’t even imagine needing to block that many people. I have to agree with @QueensCurryPuff
    Oh well, OP is already gone. Lol
    Must’ve been extremely popular lol -
    Said me, feeling very unpopular and not receiving 300 msgs total in almost a year on here.

• @carrieanne

Must’ve been extremely popular lol -
    Said me, feeling very unpopular and not receiving 300 msgs total in almost a year on here.

I don't think OP was blocking people he received messages from. I think OP was a man and doing what I described in my comment, blocking people whose profiles he browsed whom he didn't want to cuddle.

• I get searched and viewed constantly all day but they don’t all message me. Some do but seriously who cares.
    You all just block viewers for no reason?? That’s bizarre and… mean? Antagonistic? Probably not the right word. Anyway, chill, relax no one is attacking you in your home. Just my opinion. I prefer nice civil friendly people, if they say hi, well cool.

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

Until the block list starts also blocking posts and replies here in the forums... whatever.

• I’ve only blocked 4 people in a year and a half and 2 of them were banned shortly after I blocked them. I didn’t know there was a limit but apparently I am only using 1%. At this rate, a 200 person block limit will last me another 150 years 😂

• Only ever blocked one person. Haven't had any reason to do more.

• @CharlesInWI, AMEN.
    And again. AMEN.

• (The OP is currently in Time Out. )
    Seeing that he just joined I am wondering if he hadn't figured out how to use the search features (age, location, orientation, etc) and was just using the block feature when viewing a random profile that didn't match what he was looking for here?🤔

• edited May 2023

LMFAO 😆😆😆

If you need to block 200+ people, that's an odd one to sort out. What the eff do I read on this forum some days, it's odd for sure in some ways. 🤣

Saw profile, saw username, postings and attitude ... Yikes. 💯💯💯💯

Either a troll or someone who doesn't gets basics of social interaction in public spaces, like A platonic community forum.....

Either way. 👌🏻

Let me help you feel real certain .... BLOCKED! Now, you have one more for your list besides me........ 🤣

• edited May 2023

@MissAdventurous 🤣🤣🤣 you're cracking me up! This was me when you posted ..

• Been here since 2015 and have only blocked one person.

• Unless they're directly harassing you in private messages, blocking them does nothing. You can still read what they say in the forums.

• edited May 2023

@Mike403

Unless they're directly harassing you in private messages, blocking them does nothing

This isn't true. It stops them from showing up in search results, which, to repeat myself, I think is OP's objective.

And I can understand the motivation for that - when I do a search in a city I've been to before, the common situation is that there are maybe 10 profiles I've already cuddled and I don't need to see their profile again, 20 profiles I've looked at and know I won't cuddle, 3 or 4 profiles I've seen and might cuddle in the future, and occasionally 1 or 2 new profiles I haven't seen yet. In other words, most results in the searches I do are not relevant to me, and in that sense blocking them to make my searches easier would be pretty helpful.

• @CuddleWho - 200+ people? I think that's just about every person in my area.

• These aren’t “Spam Risk” or Telemarketer mobile numbers we so easily block on our phones. There are “people” behind the profiles. OP’s lack of knowledge of filtering must be the cause of maniacal blocking. Two steady years, and no one’s profile (or message) has aggravated me enough to castaway with a “Block”.

• @Mike403

I travel relatively often, and I've been on the site for years. If I was using this method of blocking people to get them out of search results, I could definitely have hit 200.

• Maybe OP, (etc) is so obsessed with blocking people who have viewed them is because being on this site is all they have, isolated socially? Their whole social life? I feel bad for someone like that. I hope connecting with others here and having in-person cuddling makes a healing difference for them.

• We know from previous threads that the diversity of ways in which people use the blocking function is extraordinary. You couldn't imagine half of them but once it's explained you say, 'oh yeah, I see what you mean.'

• Sounds like OP was using the block as a "hide" button. To narrow down the number of people they see in searching for someone. I can understand that.

• If we had a "hide" option plus a checkbox to whether we want to show or not those tagged people in the search that would be great. I can see how someone who writes to a cuddler but never get an answer would want to stop seeing that person in the search result but at the same time not want to block them in case the person decide to write back eventually.

• Aaaand the OP has moved on to greater things so we'll never know.

• Yes to what @musso75 has said.

Yes, please!

• I don't ever see a need to block anyone personally, although I've been blocked twice, myself.

Patience is warranted as far as messaging Pros. I thought a Pro was simply ignoring my Message, and then suddenly, months later, she responded. It was a nice surprise!

Now, if I had thrown a temper tantrum and blocked her because she didn't respond within 5 minutes....

So, what @QueensCurryPuff said.

• Interesting. I’m thinking who the heck needs to block THAT many people and why?! So I looked and I’ve blocked 47 kookoo for coco puff members here over the last 5 1/2 years that I have been a member here, really a net of 3 when you consider Covid but in any event if you have 200 there’s something going on IMO. You can block me for saying that if you like…

• Farewell, little troll. We hardly knew you.