Concerts

Any live shows you're looking forward to? I go to many of them.

On June 9th I'm gonna see the 6 Million Dollar Band which is an '80s new-wave tribute band...at the Oriental Theater in Denver.

On June 10th, I'm going to Foam Wonderland which is EDM festival that is unique as in they have foam cannons set up around the arena and everyone gets soaking wet....at the National Western Complex in Denver

On June 16th, I'm going to see a band called Hell's Belles which is an all female AC/DC tribute band...also at the Oriental Theater in Denver.

In July, I'm going to Global Dance Festival which is an outdoor EDM festival lasting for 2 days.. At Empower Field(The Denver Bronco's stadium)

ยซ13

Comments

• Hi there! I love this thread! I'm a huge fan of concerts. EDM festivals are such fun, friendly, and exciting type of event! I've been to metal, rock, alt,
    pop and EDM shows. I'm a little all over the place lol. You have a wide range in taste, I bet it must be really nice to get to interact with so many different people with different backgrounds and tastes. ๐Ÿ˜Š

In September I'm seeing Deathcab For Cutie & Postal Service in NYC

I hope you'll share pictures and tell us all about your experiences when you go to your events

Happy Travels/Adventures! โœจ

• edited June 2023

I'm more of an '80s music guy, but I go to EDM shows because I always have so much fun at them.

• This is my all time favorite local band in the Denver area and I see them a lot:

• My BFF got us tix to Bare Naked Ladies in July at Pine Knob. Weโ€™re bummed Def Leppard isnโ€™t touring in the US this year.

• edited June 2023

Iโ€™m definitely an 80โ€™s music guy, having seen Bruce Springsteen in March (see above) and set to see Bryan Adams and Duran Duran this summer. Also like 90โ€™s country. I saw Shania Twain last month and am seeing the Chicks this summer.

• Sisters of Mercy tomorrow night

Green Day July @ Harley Davidsonโ€™s birthday bash in Milwaukee

Here Come the Mummies November

• Going to see Blackpink in August, and hoping Iron Maiden comes back to the US next year as I'm fairly certain they are on their last tour. :(

@Thomas48 , I've seen Bruce probably 30+ times. Always a great show.

• Going to see Aerosmith in October

• I'm seeing Les Claypool and the Flying Frog Brigade Friday night in Asheville NC. Les Claypool is the front man of Primus and my idol. This will be the first time I see him play in one of his side projects. Sean Lennon is playing guitar, too. I'm such a Les fan I've met him twice and even once had a drink with him and his wife at their VIP event. Good people!!

Hopefully soon, any cuddlers in my area can come see me play live in our band. I play bass guitar and we are a 1960's and 1970's classic rock band. Think Cream, The Eagles, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top etc. We throw in a few 80's songs as well. We are ready to hit up some open mic nights and test the material in front of crowds.

• I had to check thecmf.com to see what's upcoming near me.

So while I have no plans yet, I'd sure love to go this Saturday to see REIGN IN BLOOD (Slayer Tribute), ABIGAIL (A Tribute to King Diamond), HIGHSPEEDIRT (Megadeth tribute), AFTER FOREVER (A Tribute to Black Sabbath), and ZERO SIGNAL (Fear Factory tribute) for only $15. Sure it's not the actual bands, but there's no more chance to see Slayer live.

Another one I wish I could go see is Dethklok with Babymetal on Sept. 21, but unfortunately that happens to be my sister's birthday.

• Yeah, I love concerts!๐Ÿ˜Š

And IF I can afford to go to one, than yeah I AM TOTES THERE!๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘

So far this year, I went to see Billy Idol with a good friend and his girlfriend. We had a great time, Billy Idol was awesome!๐Ÿ˜
    And coming up in August I'll be seeing Disturbed and Breaking Benjamin. So excited!๐Ÿ˜„

I enjoyed attending Metal Mayhem nearly every summer, but I don't think there are anymore Metal Mayhems. I gotz da sadz!๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜”

• @Katota I just saw Billy Idol in Spartanburg SC last month....the guy is 67 and still rocks!!! What a great show that was. I was so lucky it was added last minute due to another event being cancelled so I got great seats and cheap!

• edited June 2023

@MrAdmirer Yeah, that's kinda how I ended up going to see him. Just had a little extra money (on my paycheck) to blow than I expected. Lol๐Ÿ˜Š

I could have gotten cheaper tickets, which required us STANDING over sitting. But, I just didn't want to take any chances, especially with my current knee/feet issues.๐Ÿ˜ฌ So I just spent a little extra for actually seats instead.๐Ÿ˜

We ended up sitting in the balcony, it was awesome. We had an awesome time, though I wished he sanged "Shock To The System", I know his Cyberpunk album wasn't his most strongest album. AND I understand that the music video invited "controversy" at the time.๐Ÿ™„

But it is still a good song to ME, dagnabbit!๐Ÿ˜ And I would have LOVED๐Ÿ˜ to have heard it sung at the concert, alas it is what it is.๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Billy Idol is still rocking and rolling no matter how old he gets.๐Ÿ˜„

• I've been to one of these a couple years ago. It provides a unique twist to EDM festivals as you dance in foam and get soaking wet. The dance floor at a glance looks like a giant bubble bath.

• edited June 2023

Was just at an all female AC/DC tribute concert which was a lot of fun.

• The last concert I attended was at least fifteen years ago, and was a solo performance by cellist Nina Kotova.

Gawd, I'm such a nerd.

• Living just outside Milwaukee, home of Summerfest, the amount of bands performing is just insane - I do want to see Buddy Guy though... also, I'm torn between Green Day and Foo Fighters during HD 120th anniversary. Green Day has been my favorite band but I went to their concert a few years ago.

• Bryan Adams

• [Deleted User]CinnamonCuddlex (deleted user)

I'm seeing Lana del Rey tomorrow ๐Ÿฅฐ

• @Mike403 I saw the same concert here in St Louis on July 1st, he gave quite a show didn't he?!!

Was Joan Jett and the Blackhearts there too? She opened for him here.

• @Motorbaby - Yes they were

• This year so far:

The Cult
    London Suede
    Manic Street Preachers
    The Cure
    Sisters of Mercy

End of this weekโ€”Green Day at the Harley Davidson Festival in Milwaukee

• I just went to my first edm festival this year
    Rekinection in Missouri
    It was such a blast I love the edm community so much. Been a part of.it for a while just never had the ability to go to festivals before

• 6 Million Dollar Band doing a Billy Idol song.

They play at local bars and I see them so often that all the band members knows my name.

• Currently at Global Dance Festival in Denver, CO.

• I'll be going to lollapalooza in august - I wanted to attend one as an early birthday gift ๐Ÿ˜Š

• edited July 2023

Global Dance Festival last night. t's happening again today for another round(day 2)