Potentially awkward situation

Have you ever randomly ran into someone publicly that you met/know from cuddle comfort or have you ever seen someone on cuddle comfort that you know in real life? If yes, what’s the story and if not, how would you handle a situation like that if it happened?

Comments

• I fail to see how this could be potentially awkward, unless one of the parties has been dishonest about something. If they were with someone I would simply feel out the situation and see if they want to acknowledge our acquaintance or not l, and if they are alone I would simply say hello.

• Nothing awkward. There was a long thread about this. If both are alone walk up like a normal human being and say hi. If either is with someone then just read the room. If you’re with a significant other than just ignore.

• edited June 2023

Eh, what's awkward about it? For me cuddling is like meeting anyone else either a professional or a good friend, idc. If you have an issue with it then best make it part of your terms for a first meet to keep the arrangement private. Just ignore if you think its an issue I guess. Some percieve this type of cuddling as non-platonic and if a community is aware that you have people going in and out of your house might be somewhat suspicious. So being open about something conceived by many as weird might change a communities perspective. Idc if anyone knows what Im doing. I wish I started this a long time ago, but sadly, I was taught differently back then.

• Ummmm... yep. LOLOL There was an interesting professional back story, too. I believe in providing discretion, as I expect the same respect.

• I'm still not understanding what's so awkward about wanting a hug and being on CC to find a hug buddy. Is there a social stigma about hugs that I'm not aware of?

This idea of being embarrassed about being affiliated with CC has come up a few times in these forums.

If I order food online, am I supposed to feel awkward when the Uber Eats driver shows up with my food?

• I titled the thread potentially awkward because I wasn’t really sure what else to call it. I was mostly curious to know if anyone’s ever ran into anyone out in public that they met on CC or if they ran into someone on CC that they knew in real life.

Recently a pro posted about a potential client that said he had a high school crush on her. He didn’t know her in high school but I thought that would be interesting.

I have ran into pros twice randomly, it happened yesterday. We were both by ourselves so there wasn’t any potential for awkwardness. It was mostly pretty awesome.

• Nothing awkward unless you want to make it awkward.

• @Morpheus Okay, so, no, I haven't randomly run into any of my cuddle buddies while out in public. (My daughter has, though.)

Considering my cuddle buddy has been to my house, or I've been to hers, I'd think it would be pretty cool. It'd be no different from crossing paths with anyone else I know.

• edited June 2023

Well....kinda. I met someone one time only but it was like a passing through a mutual friend. We didn't relize it until after like a few cuddle sessions after being on this site. Was a bit weird when we were like oh that was you that one day! Lol

• If you're both alone, I cannot see how it can ever be awkward, unless the session itself was....and you never wanted to see each other again.

However, let's also be real.....there may be many cuddlers and pros who choose to use a pseudonym, and don't share real names until they are regulars and feel like such information is safe to disclose. It would certainly be awkward to run into a pro/client while they are with someone else, and one says "hi" using the pseudonym that their companion is unfamiliar with. While in general there is nothing to ashamed about participating in cuddling, others with whom you are with may not understand the contexts, and you may not want to explain. The fact that most of the respondents to this thread suggest that it is quite normal and not awkward to run into someone, that's just their perspective. There are many reasons why people cuddle, and there certainly may be many that want to keep their activities private. There may the same sort of reticence to greeting one's psychotherapist or even lawyer in public :)

• edited June 2023

Not really specific to this thread, but I often see posts that begin with, "I fail to see _______."

I am reminded of some excellent advice I once got. If I fail to see, maybe keep quiet until those who do can see discuss it. I might learn something...

• @MrAdmirer Devil's advocate here. I fail to see why it's suspicious or dishonest if I want to keep my work life separate from my private life? Nobody should ever just assume it's ok to be personal in a professional relationship.

I've been in many jobs (financial, healthcare and HR) with mandated confidentiality and safety laws. There's good reasons for them. (At a previous job, I worked tirelessly to get last names removed from name badges and biz cards as allowed by law, to no avail. Finally happened when a police training exercise called it out as a huge danger.)

On a side note, my FB friends list is even hidden and lots of people I won't even approve their friend request. Keeps things simple.

• edited June 2023

@AllAboutSoul No problem there, but I would assume that you would at least mention this to the person you cuddle with, that way this very scenario would be easy to manage. I make sure to have basic open conversations with everyone I cuddle with so they know where I am coming from. If I was hiding the fact I cuddle from other people, even friends (im not since I am a single guy and my friends/family support the fact I hire cuddle pros), my cuddle buddy would know this.

That's basically what I mean.

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)
    edited June 2023

Seems completely filled with awkward to me.

Meeting someone in person? Awkward.

“Knowing” them online? Awkward!

From a platonic cuddling forums? Awkward!!!

All while being me? 10/10 awkward.

Honestly, I would be amazed if I was able to speak, let alone say anything was less awkward then, “Oh hey, you’re @pmvines from Cuddle Comfort! Do we totally hug right now? For how long? Like five seconds, or the whole hour? Do you like bread? Is that a sourdough loaf in your cart or are you just happy to see me?”

🤪

😣

• @MrAdmirer anyone who chats with me about cuddling knows I am big on confidentiality and respect. It's a 2 lane street.

• @AllAboutSoul exactly, and that's why you should never have an awkward situation if you bumped into a cuddler in public unless they betray that trust you established.

• @CharlesInWI my luck, I would have my 1001-questions-10-YO-grandson with me. "I'm sorry, you wanted to know me? Good luck getting away now BigMouth!" 🤣😂

(Or from the movie, Twister, "You're gonna rue the day you came up against the extreme!")

• I have not yet randomly run into someone publicly from here. I agree that it could be a potentially awkward situation.

If it's someone I've had a good session with and we were both alone, I would probably say hello and perhaps even give a hug if it felt appropriate. If I were with someone, I could accept a smile and a wave, and just tell anyone I was with that they're someone from work if they don't already know I'm a professional cuddler.

If it was someone I did not have a good session with, someone who tried to push boundaries, or someone who admitted to having non-platonic feelings for me, I'd likely feel uncomfortable and keep my distance.

• I've been more concerned about being out in public with a cuddle and running into someone who I know, but not well. My dad's friends can be very nosey and I know they would walk right up to me and want me to introduce who I'm with. I would feel bad about putting the person I'm with on the spot. I have discussed with a fellow cuddler that if someone asks, I will simply say, "This is my friend _______." Then excuse ourselves as nicely and quickly as possible.

• Everyone I personally know would be unphased and unsurprised by what I'm doing ....so if someone were to approach me, it wouldn't matter. I'd never approach someone in public Id met on here, but I feel like they all know it'd be ok to approach me. 🤷😁 Just a matter of reading the situation.

• Personally, I am a big believer of "it's only awkward if you make it awkward." I'm very fortunate where my social circles are pretty progressive and open-minded. I don't think anything I do would phase them haha.

@bekah_cuddles did bring up a good point. I think the only time I would feel awkward in the context of CC would be if I saw a person who I had a extremely uncomfortable session with.

Since I have clients, consent is on top of mind. Realistically, if I saw a client, I would smile or indicate I acknowledged them and go on my way. If social cues and circumstances permit, I might engage in some quick small talk. If a client of mine had someone else with them in public, I would would act like they're strangers to me unless I got explicit approval that it is okay to approach them if we were in the same public space.

• @CharlesInWI you could hug me as long as you wanted, and though I don't eat much bread I love a hearty whole wheat or seeded rye !

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

@pmvines

🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🥖🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂

• I met a repeat client down in Miami for the day he was from Orlando. We just went to the art gallery my nephew and his girlfriend were also there hanging out with us and then when I went to the bathroom, they said how did you two meet and of course, my friend said, and cuddle comfort with such pride. I had yet to tell him that’s what I was doing and that kind of opened up a can of worms.He is such a great young man that when we got home, he asked me lots of thoughtful questions and hearing what I had to say and understood it completely, and said I’m so glad you get to do that Aunt Kim it’s perfect for you.

His mother knows what I do and is not supportive at all. She says it’s very weird and you shouldn’t be doing it, but she raised children that really hear people out and give them a chance to talk about it without judging.,

I think that’s why it was awkward for me because my sister doesn’t approve. Now my other sister thinks it fits me perfectly and she just laughs about it.

• edited June 2023

I don't have any shame about meeting on CC, but I know it could be misunderstood - that's why I say "we met online" and if pushed "on a forum" where "we support each other" - sin of omission perhaps, but one that makes it easier for everyone.

• @cde123 I know I so wish I would’ve went over with him if someone asked how we met, we just say online. But I know my probing nephew he would’ve wore me down. But my nephew was clever to ask him while I went to the bathroom.

• @KozyKim Yeah… In my experience they ask "oh, on a dating app?" so it's good to have a response for that one as well.

• One time I was out for dinner with a cuddle partner, and we ran into my girlfriend's husband and his boyfriend. it was kinda awkward.

• @Sooson Why? Parallel polyam or DADT?

• @cuddlefaery Honestly i just made it up, but please don't tell anyone. Trying to keep this thread going. You're awesome ,love your posts.