Boner Thread

I'd completely forgotten about the mundane definition of "boner": a mistake that causes embarrassment to the person who makes it. I have boners almost every day. Why, just yesterday at Starbucks I grabbed the wrong coffee cup and then loudly complained about the whipped beverage that I'd gotten instead of coffee!!

Was also contemplating the term "bonehead", with my favorite application being one Arnold J. Rimmer (yeah, I'm gonna make y'all look that one up).

Comments

• He's not a bonehead he's a smeghead.

• edited June 2023

It's actually a little interesting how the sexual meaning of a word comes to dominate, and the word can't really be used for its other meanings anymore unless you're making a joke or pun.

But every once in a great while I'll come across an old person who somehow seems completely unaware of the sexual meaning of common words, despite that meaning being common for 60 or 70 years. Like an old woman who unironically refers to her cat as "my pussy."

• I’m feeling so gay today.

• @RadiantHugs Well it is Pride Month, after all.

• @RadiantHugs If you also feel pretty, you can sing the song from West Side Story!!

• I wish I had a boner sometimes so I'd know what it felt like to be on that side of it.. πŸ™ƒπŸ˜
    Like some people can actually control it and some can't at all. It blows my mind... very intriguing πŸ€”

• @Jillybear87 no you don’t lol

• @Jillybear87 In response to your question, this is how I explain it to my female friends: Imagine the feeling when you’ve ever hit your finger with a hammer or slammed in a door, window or drawer….how the blood rushes to it, it gets super sensitive, swells, aches, throbs and you become hyper aware of the pulsating pressure.

Ok now imagine all of that… but now a pleasant version of that!

(Hope that’s not over the line for the platform here, but since you asked…

• @WestsideMarc yeah and it shows for everyone to notice. I couldn't imagine my thoughts or excitement showing to the world.... 😬 like oooooops. Don't pay attention to that, it does what it wants. Definitely not excited. πŸ˜‘πŸ€­

• @Jillybear87 Joshua Andrew Koenig (/ˈkeΙͺnΙͺΙ‘/; August 17, 1968 – c. February 16, 2010) was an American character actor, film director, editor, writer, and human rights activist. He was known for his role as Richard "Boner" Stabone in Growing Pains.

• @Jillybear87 oh thank you! I needed that laugh!

• Its not all its cracked up to be. Waking up with morning wood or being in class and getting called up to the board at a very inopportune time. Thankfully we usually graduate.

• @Rocket_Man indeed. There are times and places for such antics, but sometimes your body decides to play tricks on you in public.

@Jubal I did not know that there was an alternative definition! You learn something new everyday. (I recall when I was younger, reading the old Tom Swift books with my parents, and coming across a certain term for hollering that my mother quickly made sure I did not say out loud again. Ah, language...

• I almost thought this was, well, a boner thread. Glad I realized it isn't. What a cock-up that would have been.

• Thanks to everyone who commented here. I totally forgot my Sildenafil is ready for pickup today. =) =)

• I like to chew on boners when eating wings . Oh wait I meant bones never mind carry on.

• @pmvines - Those poor birds.

• @Mike403 I wait until they are cooked they aren't still alive or anything πŸ˜†

• Then there's this kind of boner...

+10000 points for all the symphony & band dorks out there

• @CuddleWho Based. Normies are obsessed with that sh*t.

𝔱π”₯𝔒 π”­π”―π”¬π”Ÿπ”©π”’π”ͺ π”žπ”―π”± 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔱π”₯π”žπ”± 𝔭𝔒𝔬𝔭𝔩𝔒 π”žπ”―π”’ π”¦π”€π”«π”¬π”―π”žπ”«π”± 𝔦𝔱 𝔦𝔰 𝔱π”₯π”žπ”± 𝔱π”₯𝔒𝔢 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴𝔒𝔰𝔱 𝔱𝔬𝔬 π”ͺ𝔲𝔠π”₯ π”Ÿπ”¦π”©π”©π”Άπ” π”¬π” π”¨!

• @RadiantHugs That's hysterical! 🀣🀣🀣