Would you rather (cerebral post series pt1)

edited June 2023 in General

Only two choices
Would you rather be able to:

1. Blink your eyes for money or blink your eyes for travel23 votes
    1. Travel
      17.39%
    2. Money
      82.61%

Comments

• Money can buy you travel, but you can’t travel without money

• Very easy. Take the money. Then I can both travel and have money.

• Basic. Blink and you are wherever you want to bed. Or blink and money is there. This is more about time and convience. Look deeper into the recesses of your mind.

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

Sorry, @BgstickTeddyBea

Everyone here is thoroughly conditioned by this ridiculous culture to choose money.

• Well .... let's see.

In an average person's average life you might expect them to blink for travel perhaps six times a day saving half an hour each time. At the most. (Commute to work, then to shops, then home, then out for the evening and back.) That might save 3 hours.

In theory you could spend those three hours working at overtime rates. So if blinking can bring in more money than that, it's probably worth going for the money. The average wage in the USA is $33 per hour, so let's call it $60 for overtime. Times three and round up, that's $200.

I doubt you could blink and deal with the cash that appeared in your hand too many times in a row, but you could perhaps manage 50 a day. So if the blinking produces significantly more than $4 per blink, it's probably preferable. But if it's about that or less, you're probably better off with the travel and saving some time. At 50c/blink it's just a tedious side-gig.

If you can save up a year's salary and blink full-time, you're laughing. Let's call that 60 grand. If you can blink 300 days at 50 that's 15,000 so yes, at around $4 a blink most people would better off with the money. If you can stand all the blinking.... does it still work if you listen to music while you're blinking for money?

(Blinking and you'll be on the far side of the world is nice, but you only do that now and then. Having that power in and of itself doesn't give you the power or money to have more than one big holiday a year.)

• Ah. Cuddle Duncan has come with his A game. But is missing avery important part of the equation... People with tourettes, dry eyes or just adnormaly large eyes may bring in a pretty penny daily.

• Charles so many people choose making a dollar over a new acquaintance.

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

@BgstickTeddyBea

Of course. We are taught, and shown, our entire lives that people are not worth anything.

Money is the goal of this culture.

• Definitely travel. My friends are pretty scattered. Blink I can be visiting someone a thousand miles away, without a car, train, or plane. Hang out for a bit, even as little as a half hour if they're busy, then blink back home. My last relationship probably would have gone better if we could have started off hanging out for just a few hours at a time instead of all weekend, and she only lives 3 hours away.

Long commute to work? Blink into the office, back home for lunch, then back to the office, and then back home without ever sitting in traffic.

A vacation halfway across the world? Blink, spend a few hours there, come home, repeat the next day.

Need a little extra cash? Start a courier service, get paid big bucks to get things there immediately. Or blink into a bank vault, but the IRS really likes to know where you got your money. The "where the money came from" problem is also an issue for money appearing when you blink.

This isn't even figuring in the money you save by not needing a car.

• Hmm. Maybe reverse global warming while spreading love

• @BgstickTeddyBea

Blink and you are wherever you want to bed.

An amusing and often times appropriate typo. :)