Cologne Preferences

[Deleted User]BaldRed (deleted user)
edited June 2023 in General

Woman differ from man about Colognes. I am wondering which Colognes Woman like most from man when cuddle. Brut?… Old Spice?.. Polo ..

Which one is your top one?

Renamed discussion title from original: "Drive Woman crazy with these Colognes". I would also like to remind that wearing perfume or cologne is not necessary and is not encouraged for a platonic cuddle session. [Charlie_Bear]

Comments

• Ask your specific cuddle partner. As a general rule, don't put on any cologne unless you discuss it first.

• I agree, ask cuddler before. I have allergies and prefer very small application or none. As far as what women like, some women may like one kind, and some others may like a different one. I couldn’t name what I like, but know it when I smell it.

• i've never used cologne...scents are too strong IMO.

• edited June 2023

As @Mike403 suggests, you should never wear perfume or cologne while cuddling unless you have discussed it with your cuddle partner first.

Perfume reacts with different people's skin and natural scent in different ways. Just because you like perfume X on one person doesn't mean you'll like it on another.

In my experience, both personally and anecdotally, cuddling tends to make people feel relaxed, happy and content. I've never heard of it driving anybody 'crazy' and to be honest I'm not sure how or why you'd want to do that.

I can imagine a cologne driving a woman nuts during a cuddle, but that isn't quite the same thing.

• [Deleted User]BaldRed (deleted user)
    edited June 2023

Well, I do not know which part of woman was missed guys. I guess all identify as woman. 2023. I would like to know what is woman preference on Colognes. No what not or what to use. Example: Eternity or Drakar. If none then none. But Women opinion!!!… I do not care men opinion.

Reported and reviewed. Leaving comment intact, but please understand that these discussions are open to anyone that wants to participate and offer their opinion. [Charlie_Bear]

• You are in close physical contact with somebody for an extended period of time when cuddling. I'd avoid the extra scents as it can be too strong. Just showering and brushing your teeth is enough.

• creed - aventus

• @BaldRed - If Person A likes a specific type of cologne, that doesn't mean that Person B would. Your best bet is to ask your specific cuddler as nobody is going to give you an accurate answer that can be applied in all cases on a thread like this.

• edited June 2023

Hi, @BaldRed , woman here 👋 since you wanted one to reply.

For cuddling it's considered best practice to go unscented as much as possible unless your cuddle partner has stated a preference. I always ask first. There's no one scent that is going to be magical for cuddling for everyone, and "driving women crazy" should not be your goal with cuddling...if it is, you're on the wrong site.

At most, if already discussed with your cuddle partner and it won't be a problem, a very light application of something that has low silage (meaning the scent stays close to the skin, cannot be smelled far away) might work. Those types of fragrances generally are made to draw people in closer, which is good for cuddling. However, keep in mind that most the women I've seen on this site prefer natural scents for cuddling, if anything. Pure soap and skin, or relaxing essential oils.

When you're going to be so up close and personal for hours, the last thing you want is strong fragrance hitting you in the face continuously. For me, it's recipe for a migraine - not to mention just screams the guy is trying too hard and has intentions for something other than cuddling.

• The title of the thread does sound like something that would be asked from somebody looking for a date. This is a website to only get your platonic touch needs met, not to build a relationship with anyone.

• Like @cuddlefaery, also a woman here. I don't prefer cologne. Mild deodorant that is not overpowering will do, I just want someone I cuddle with to smell clean. Survey most women and that wouldn't be their first answer to " how to ensure a woman enjoys platonic cuddling". Steve Harvey would be confused by a person who suggested "cologne that drives her crazy"

• @Mike403

The title of the thread does sound like something that would be asked from somebody looking for a date. This is a website to only get your platonic touch needs met, not to build a relationship with anyone.

You are right and the title has been updated. Thank you.

• edited June 2023

@SoftHairForDays
    That is my expression 24/7 these days 😂😂😂

Pretty sure I am doing it in my sleep as well.

• @BaldRed I understand your frustration. There should be a word for, 'that feeling you get when the thread you started just doesn't go the way you wanted'.

• @Charlie_Bear

I'm sure you are, Hon. Thanks for all that you (and the other mods/admins) do. 💜🫂

• edited June 2023

Another woman here voting for no cologne.
    Cologne tends to have a strong scent, and when applied in excess, it can be overpowering, especially in close proximity. Cuddling of course involves being physically close to another person, and an overwhelming fragrance can be distracting or even off-putting for most people. Of course, personal preferences can vary, and some individuals may enjoy the subtle application of a mild fragrance. However, as a general guideline, it's advisable to be mindful and considerate of your cuddle partner's preferences and comfort when choosing to wear or not wear cologne during a cuddle.

Edit to add: One of my favorite cologne scents is actually aftershave my grandpa used to use but only after its almost fully dissipated. 🤷‍♀️. I can't stand 99% of cologne smells.

• Curve Crush, YSL La De Nuit Lhomme and Prada Carbon.

• I say, ask the person you're cuddling. Everyone is different. 😊

• edited June 2023

Just my 2 cents based on feedback from over a dozen cuddle partners. I use an all natural, tea tree / eucalyptus based body wash / shampoo combo and an all natural bergamot / lime deodorant. That is it - no cologne, aftershave, hair gel, moisturizer, beard oil, etc.

I get a LOT of positive feedback from cuddle partners about smelling fresh and clean.

• I'm not sure how I missed this line, but

I guess all identify as woman. 2023

Rekes of transphobia, during Pride Month no less. Not a good look, my dude, on top of an already questionably cringey post.

• [Deleted User]Mman (deleted user)

Another mundane post that is answered by simply communicating with the cuddler you want to book a session with. No other opinion matters.

• Any cologne would be a deal breaker. I happen to like breathing.

• Although no one asked this my go to cologne before a cuddle session

• edited June 2023

@BaldRed Let’s hop in here shall we? Woman. She/her. To answer your question if you want a cologne that “drives women crazy” it’s the scent of inclusion, understanding and common decency. It’s 2023 after all.

• [Deleted User]CharlesInWI (deleted user)

Warm, fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies.

That’s the scent that drives me crazy.

• I agree with the last 2 comments!
    @stormydaycuddle and @CharlesInWI
    Nothing wrong with the smell of common decency or cookies...or fresh baked bread. Yup. That's it. I'll take fresh baked bread scent, please

• I also agree with @stormydaycuddle and @CharlesInWI.
    But if I'm gonna be smelling cookies 🍪 there better be some to eat too please 🙏 😋

• By the way.... super, extra bonus points if there is fresh baked bread at a cuddle session