Neurodivergent

Hey sorry for the inappropriate post . I do not think it through before posting . Happy fourth of July and enjoy your day!

I acted on impulse because unfortunately my brain is wired differently. Again sorry and have a great day

Comments

• I've been yelled at my fair share of times(mostly due to political posts). As long as you can learn from it and not keep making the same mistake.

• @jimboslice5014 from one neurodivergent to another, I can absolutely understand filter failure and impulse control issues. I see neurodivergence as both a blessing and a curse, as I love having a different view of the world - but unfortunately human society is not generally shaped to work for our brains so we are constantly fighting it and our gifts often get overlooked or even become weaknesses.

One coping skill I use on this site (and others) liberally is saving drafts, setting a timer, and walking away.... especially if heated. I'm sure it's saved me many a headache and friendship 😅 I still eff up and have to apologize a lot, but I try my best to use accountability model apologies rather than making excuses. I know to many explaining our brains can look like an excuse no matter what, but sometimes by spelling out explicitly what I will try to do to prevent screw ups in the future can help diffuse things.

I hope you have a good 4th of July as well!

• @cuddlefaery - I have autism myself. I hate thinking about all the cringey stuff I've written. I made an entire thread about that.

• edited July 2023

@jimboslice5014 ~ I recognized that your post was not necessarily meant to be weird, but as someone who doesn't have a great filter himself, it's important that we think of others before we make comments. I wish the moderator just mentioned that the post was not appropriate and not mentioned your inability to notice that yourself. However, we can't always expect other to understand us. He meant no harm, but it is a great learning experience for you and possibly for others. I wish you great happiness in your journey.

• edited July 2023

I am glad the moderator (me) did mention it because hopefully it will discourage people from doing it again.

• edited July 2023

@jimboslice5014 Maybe its time to go to the forum rules and the TOS and take notes to keep by your desk or on your phone? Reference them before you post in the future? If you do so each time you post it might be helpful?
    Notetaking often helps me...

However, we are all different and need different tools. If you need help brainstorming let me know.

Its incredibly important this website remain unsexualized. The site has a ton of people it has to protect by stopping such posts from becoming common place. It puts others in danger and while I know that wasn't your intent protecting ALL the people on this site is what matters to the moderators.

• I have nothing against the monderator. He did a great call. It was all me and my brain . I got so excited about something and wanted it validated.

This was not the correct platform and I should realize that before posting

• edited July 2023

@jimboslice5014 you apologized. You recognized your behavior. I don't think there's any further need for you to defend youself. I'm sure the mod is grateful you took note of that. Consider my previous post...

• @jimboslice5014 Sometimes we make bad decisions, but that does not necessarily mean that we are bad people. ✌️

• The fact that you're still here means the mods believe you have the ability to improve. The ones that they don't believe will heed their warnings are met with the ban hammer.

• edited July 2023

@Mike403 yep yep. It is important this site remain safe.

• @stormydaycuddle - Exactly. It's really depressing when I hear about someone leaving the site because of a bad experience.

• Hi what's going on , that's great that you can find other friends with ASD here. I'm also in the club. Yayyyy! Well not really, it makes things difficult much of the time but we will learn to develop strategies and cope and say kiss my ASD

• Thank you for owning up to your decisions. Many refuse to take responsibility or accept consequences. Some even resort to shifting blame. This speaks volumes about your character. Don't worry about it. 🤗

• Well its also I got traumatized today but I dont want to get this thread blocked if I say what happened.

• If I had a dollar for every time I cross the "appropriate" line at work by oversharing..... 😅😅😅