Guiltily pleasure

When Im happy I get dancing queen stuck in my head . I freaken love mama mia

Comments

• There are several songs (mainly from my middle school and high school years) that I associate with events and/or strong emotional states from when I first heard them. I hate to call them “triggers” because some of them are positive and only a few invoke painful memories.

Dancing Queen is one of the strongest “memory inducers” for me and it opens the floodgates to a wide range of emotions from optimism to missed opportunities. I can lose myself in the past for an hour or more every time I hear that song. In general, Abba, Air Supply and REO Speedwagon can pull me into the past if I let them.

• In general, Abba, Air Supply and REO Speedwagon can pull me into the past if I let them.

Those bands serve as a reminder that change, especially in music, is good.

• @BoomerSpooner
    If you mean what I think you mean…100%

• edited July 2023

@carrieanne If you took it as thank god we moved on from that kind of music, then yes you are correct. This is strictly a personal opinion which isn’t worth much, but saccharine makes me ill.

• Total eclipse of the heart is my guilty pleasure song. Especially the spanish version

• Being largely a Rock and Metal fan...I do love a bit of George Michael's 'Careless Whisper'.