What video game lost to time deserves to be resurrected?

edited July 2023 in General

A study came out recently that 87% of classic videogames are unplayable now due to extreme scarcity and most games not ever being re-released on later consoles. Here is another article about it.

While most games have been preserved in some form and can be played via emulation if you know where to look to obtain them, even these preservation efforts are under constant attack by license holders (looking at you Nintendo).

My question for you is what video game or series would you like to see resurrected and given some love on modern consoles.

I have waaaaaay too many to list so I am going to go with one of my favorites from the PS2/Xbox/GameCube generation; Disney’s Extreme Skate Adventure 😇

Comments

• Left 4 dead!

• Not video games, but I wish telnet MUDs & MUSHes would make a come back! Return of the old school text-based geeks! 😂

• @cuddlefaery - I played a game called Tele-arena in the mid '90s.

• The amount of hours I wasted in L4D was too much.

I don't want a remake; I just want the official Half Life 3 to be out. Valve is too comfortable with just depending on Steam.

• [Deleted User]Tom2Cuddle (deleted user)

Twisted metal!
    I'll pull out the PS 1 and have my kids play it and laugh at them trying to drive with just the D-pad😂

• @Tom2Cuddle
    I am so stoked that they are reviving it for a TV series! And it starts next week!

• Pitfall from Atari

• Original Moral Kombat. I 100% tried to play that on an unlocked xbox back in the day and it was so pixelated. I could have sworn it looked better. LOL

• I would like good management games again. They kinda exist, but are either bad or too expensive. Cities skylines for example costs over 500 dollars. A public transit game I tried a few years ago said that the train line I wanted to build going from one end of the city was too long and I couldn't do it which is just nuts bad.

There are some decent games such as Frostpunk. Frostpunk has really good atmosphere and is fun for some time, but it lacks depth. It's the same with their other game, This War of Mine. Great atmosphere and it's enjoyable for a while but it just doesn't have much to it.

Anyways I am looking forward to Xenonauts 2 at least. I hope they solve the issues that the first game had so that it can dethrone the original x-com as the best for that style of game.

• I have a 120 gig raspberry pit build that has everything from the 1970s , 1980’s and some 1990s stuff to satisfy all your retro cravings. It covers coin-ops and first and second gen consoles. I need to stop being lazy and finish it up. My 64 gig build is pretty good too.

I believe my prayers have been answered becuase I recently read there is a high probably that my favorite game of all time : God Hand (PS2) is being remade

• edited July 2023

@SweetCamiXO

I knew there was a reason I liked you. ❤️
    LFD 1&2. All I want is team versus. The trash talk in that game was unmatched. 🤣

• @stormydaycuddle
    They are rebooting Mortal Kombat 1!!!

• edited July 2023

@MrAdmirer
    I have made raspberry pi builds! One of themg has a 1tb ssd in the form of an NES cartridge.

• We need a new Splinter Cell but with Ubisoft being what it is now it wouldnt be the same. They should definitely remaster the first 3 though

• @jplemmon
    If they do, they better get Jack Black to do the commercial!

• @JasonCuddles
    I am sadly out of the loop on management games, though I LOVED SimCity on the SNES and Theme Park on the PS1. I have gotten some on steam over the years but haven’t committed to any of them.

• @JasonCuddles where are you looking at and seeing Cities: Skylines for that price? It was one of the Epic Games Store free games a while back and it is $30 on Steam right now.

Side note for those who don't know. The Epic Games Store has at least one or 2 free games every week. Most of them I may never play but they do have AAA games quite often.

• There was a great swag genesis basebuilder called herzog zwei.

Also GoldenEye 64. One of the greatest ever.

• @Sideon PONG, amirite?? You still have the original, don’t you?

• [Deleted User]Tom2Cuddle (deleted user)

@Charlie_Bear
    I knew they were making it, I didn't realize that it was starting next week! Looks like I have a new show to watch soon. Lol

• @NYCLatnGuy

At my age, I could handle this kind of mental stimulation.

• Sega CD had a couple games that I would love to see updated: Dark Wizard and Sewer Shark. I loved having the copilot chatter in the latter game - his demeanor was very much like one of the space Marines in Aliens.

• I know they re-released the first two games on the Switch...

But I really could do with a new Grandia game. The first is my favourite game of all time.

• Oh, and can't forget the Medal Of Honor games. Frontline was brilliant!

• @Sideon I've been playing Pong regularly with other women across the world with my Perifit app/device, which is a Kegel exerciser. It adds a whole new challenge to the game! 😁

I also miss ToeJam & Earl on the Genesis.

• The original R6 game.

• There are absolute legends that it seems no one knows about anymore. Specifically, Legend of Dragoon, Legend of LeGaia, Legend of Mana.....

• @BearHugz87
    I have all those and omg Legend of Legaia brings back so many memories.

• edited July 2023

Root Beer tapper was my favorite video game.

• @superjoe the 30 dollar playable demo is a sad hollow shell. I know because I tried it during a free weekend or something and it was extremely disappointing. You need to buy the rest to turn it into something worth while