Discuss musical tastes here

My most favorite that I listen to the most is '80 pop/rock/synth-wave, but more recently I've been getting into more EDM(Electronic Dance Music)

1. What type of music do you enjoy? (If more than one, pick one that you listen to the most)22 votes
    1. Classic rock/pop
      27.27%
    2. Modern rock
        4.55%
    3. Modern pop
        0.00%
    4. Hip hop / Rap
      13.64%
    5. Country
        0.00%
    6. EDM
        4.55%
    7. Other
      50.00%

Comments

• Rock, alternative, grunge, indie, pop, etc. Was listening to Amanda Palmer last night. She's so passionate and creative.

• edited August 2023

I used to exclusively be a Metal/Hard Rock fan during my younger years. These days I like almost everything as well (maybe not rap or Black Metal) but Synth e.g. the Midnight, FM-84, Michael Oakley etc is my current craze.

My favourites are Poets Of The Fall, The Midnight, Sabaton and Marillion I guess.

• edited August 2023

I go from brutal devil music to ultra poppy depending on my mood but generally speaking I am mostly a fan of heavier music with a touch of blues and groove to it. Angry but with soul and passion. Actually been getting a lot into Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes and Sleep Token lately .

• Music has always been a major part of my life. I started playing the saxophone when I was 10 and became interested in all sorts of music. I was exposed to a lot of classical (my brother played violin) and jazz at a young age. Around that time, hip hop culture was also putting me in a headlock.

If you dive deeper into what hip hop really is, you get thrown into all sorts of genres since it samples from everything. Because of that, I listen to it all. My philosophy on music is to surrender to it. I'll nod my head to country if that makes me vibrate with my environment.

• edited August 2023

Everything as long as it’s depressing apparently. My friend says I won’t listen to it if it doesn’t tank your mood. I don’t see it that way but… she may be right.

• edited August 2023

@stormydaycuddle - then you should listen to Blasphemous Rumours by Depeche Mode. It's a masterpiece in my book.

• Classical.

Classical definitely needs its own category in your poll.

• All of it! There's so much about each genre 😉 my favorite band ever is Linkin Park tho....

• @RedFox16 Chester Bennington is pretty much a god.

• I like the more melodic and symphonic and intellectual forms of metal. Iron Maiden, Helloween, Kamelot, Delain, Sabaton, there's so many good ones it's hard to remember them all. And while I'm not usually a fan of growling, I enjoy Battlelore's first couple of albums, mainly because all their stuff is based on Lord of the Rings.

And some non-metal stuff I enjoy is Abney Park, Loreena McKennitt, and Heather Dale.

• edited August 2023

I have been listening to a lot of retrowave lately. Also, when I am more depressed it’s Boards of Canada and Aphex Twin for me 😅

• I have extremely eclectic taste in music, but my overall most-liked genre is oldies.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Math rock. Right now I have on Polyphia, Intervals, Covet, Standards, that kind of stuff.

• Definitely my two favorites are Metal (not EVERY sub-genre, but a lot of them) and Classical music (Mozart being my #1 composer - I own a CD collection of all of his works which is over 100 cds long).
    However I'm sure I can find at least one song from every genre of music that I'd like. I do have a bit of a spot for 80s pop and rock.

• Goth, rap.

• Mostly classic rock, early 2000s alternative!!

• SlowJamz, R&b, HipHop-Rap, SoftRock, Pop, Bachata, Salsa, Dembow, Reggaeton, and anything else that sounds good to me and catches my attention, (Spanish romantic songs as well from the likes of Laura Pausini, Luis Miguel, ect 🎶 🎼 🎵

• Merengue here