"Snowbirds"--- How did you manifest this Lifestyle?

[Deleted User]Umoja (deleted user)

I froze my @ss off, last night! lol Such freezing is why I've often wondered why the hell I'm still in Ohio! lol

For those who are "Snowbirds"--- folks who spend summers in one place, but winters in another, warmer climate, HOW DID YOU ACCOMPLISH THIS??? <<Point to be addressed..

Did you wait until retirement? Does your work allow you the freedom to live such a nomadic lifestyle? Are you able to give suggestions on how someone might replicate your pattern of living "here" for the summer, but "there" for the winter??

It's cool that there are members, here, from all over. I thought maybe some of you would share insights on how the Snowbird Lifestyle might be achieved! Not so much the Van life/RVing, but actually maintaining living quarters in both places??

The chill in the air has twisted my knickers into wondering about this again!!! lol

Comments

• [Deleted User]QueensCurryPuff (deleted user)

OHIO IS COLD ALREADY?! It's August!

I'm trying to build that lifestyle NOW in my 30s so I can grow up to be a Snowbird!

Passive income is where its at. Good investments. Consistent budgeting and staying financially educated.

It helps being in NYC where one could make more but I'm also paying obscenely to live in a basement. A nice basement - but still.

• My hubby and I live in Canada from May to October and then live in Florida November to April. Florida is soooooo cheap to live with the trailer lifestyle. We have a trailer up here and a trailer down there so all together, we pay about $800 a month for two different places. My hubby works two jobs and I work a full time job up here in Canada. We save a lot of that to prepare to come back down.

I’m dual citizenship and my husband can’t work in the states so whatever money I make from cuddling in Florida goes to bills and saving up 😊

Just find a trailer park that’s selling a grounded trailer for like ten or twenty grand. Lot rent in most trailer parks are $400-$700 monthly depending on where you go. And they are all prepared for snowbirds lol

• I forgot to answer your other question:

I work at a spa as a coordinator and they don’t have enough business over winter so I can easily get hired back on for spring and summer πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

• I'm a wanna-be snow bunny. I love cold and snowy weather and absolutely despise heat and humidity. 🀣

I'm visiting Canada right now and it's 76% humidity. I wanted to stab someone. It's 19%, back home. 😐😐😐 I can't wait for winter and Christmastime. β„οΈβ˜ƒοΈπŸ˜Œ I'd love nothing better than to run from summer for half the year and never have to touch sunscreen again!

As for advice, definitely a remote job that you can do from anywhere (some "remote" jobs actually send you to remote locations at their whim - not the same thing, haha!).

There is a lot to consider as far as residency, income tax, vehicle registration, mail delivery, and so many other things, though. Definitely do your homework online.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• [Deleted User]Umoja (deleted user)

@SunsetSnuggles ~ "I wanted to stab someone." I LAUGHED REALLY, REALLY HARD AT THIS!!!! :) I, however, wish to "grow up to be" a Snow Bird!!! <<<Also loved how you phrased that!!! lolol!!!
    I do hope you get to be the Snow Bunny that you desire to be!! lolol!!! That's an excellent point about remote jobs-- like something you can do from anywhere, that's not pegged down to a certain locale. Got it!
    Thank you for chiming in with the down-and-dirty details of managing a lifestyle like this. I think I'd probably keep my primary residence in my current place, but have something like a summer rental in the other place. Good point about taxes, though... hadn't thought of that! Maybe keep a "beater" car there? Definitely taking your advice on doing further homework! :)

@Sheena123 ~ How are my Handsome Boys??? LOVED THOSE PICS!!! :) I can see your point about Florida being all set up for Snow Birds--- I'd never even considered doing this with a trailer... That would make things A LOT easier, considering that the maintenance people will be there, year round. Thanks for this!! :)

@QueensCurryPuff ~ I know, right??? I'm like, "Look, you confused $&$&^^%(&(! IT'S STILL AUGUST AND I'M SUPPOSED TO BE FRYING LIKE BACON, NOT FREEZING LIKE FROSTY!!!" lolol!!

But you sound wise beyond your years, in planning where and how you want your beautiful Life to go. Oooohhh... There you go, talking about the "B Word": Budgeting!!! Ouch!!! lol I know, I know, MOM... :) Thanks for sharing your honest wisdom, though. I'm hoping that your life be elevated far, far above the pricey, but sufficient, basement where you now are. Your kind of sense will do you well! :)

• That's interesting @Sheena123 . I wondered how you managed two-home lifestyle. How nice that they always want you back at the spa :)

• [Deleted User]Umoja (deleted user)

Thanks, everyone, for this! I'm DREADING the "upcoming season"---can't bring myself to speak its name!! lol

Great suggestions and insights... A lot to research. EXACTLY what I was hoping for! :)