Advertising for enthusiasts?

Each of us, who are not globe trotters, have to deal with the cuddle partners in our area. But what if there are very few? I've recently seen a significant influx of pros in my area, but I'm not interested in that. I do what I can to have an inviting hosting room, be kind and respectful, but if there is no one around, it is for naught. Any ideas on how to promote and encourage more female enthusiasts in a given area?

Comments

• Any ideas on how to promote and encourage more female enthusiasts in a given area?

A free pair of women’s jeans that actually has pockets would really attract a horde of ladies.

• @BoomerSpooner Looks like you have found an impressive business opportunity.

• As I told @KaaGee women aren’t allowed to have pockets. Bad things happen to those who try. It’s a conspiracy created by the purse industry.

• Ok, ok, ok, i'll "settle" for an enthusiast WITHOUT pockets. How about that?

• There’s a cuddle comfort flier you can print from the homepage. You could post that in your area.

• @CuddleHugs01234 That's an idea. Any clues to which sort of women would be more likely to be enthusiasts versus pros? Should I assume that posting in places frequented by older women would work better?

• edited September 2023

@1_teddybear I think this post is a great start to bringing attention to yourself. Your profile is well written and very inviting! I hope you find someone amazing to cuddle and connect with, pockets or no pockets.. 💖

• One thing you could do is host a cuddle party for the cuddlers in your area. I’ve seen these pop up in a variety of cities and the premise is to be a low pressure environment for enthusiasts, pros, and interested parties to gather and connect. This could easily grow your network of cuddlers and encourage those interested in cuddling to have a space to meet people and ask questions.

• @Nature_Lover_ Thank you for your kindness and encouragement.

@Artemis795 How does a cuddle party encourage those not already associated with CC to participate?

• I have seen a mix of younger and older enthusiasts, but the younger ones seem more inclined to turn pro.

• @stormydaycuddle pfffft I can have pockets! I just have to buy men's jeans to get them!
    Apparently I'm not allowed to have pockets AND a boyfriend...which is BS!!
    Also, I will leave a purse if I attempt to carry one lol
    @BoomerSpooner is really on to something!
    @1_teddybear I think the cuddle party idea is an awesome one, though I've never been to one and if I were to go I'd want an experienced facilitator in charge. Have you checked for local Meetup groups or anything?

• @KaaGee Checking local meetups is a good idea. Thank you.

• @1_teddybear you’d encourage pros and enthusiasts to bring friends, and you’d advertise within your local community. Much like how someone earlier in the forum suggested printing out the CC flyer and posting on community boards.

• edited September 2023

@stormydaycuddle I have wondered for a long time why my Spouse has pants with fake pockets, its just weird. I mean, why take the time to manufacture fake pockets when you can just have real ones. Maybe thats why she wears my clothes often 🤔

• @CelestialTouch I don't suppose you have fake shutters on your windows?

• You could put up a poster with CC logo from the home page with wording that somehow emphasizes a community of mutual caring cuddling for wellness, not transactional.
    And post in Coffee shops, small businesses CBD stores, the kind of businesses like-minded people would frequent. Gyms maybe, natural grocers etc. Find your audience!
    For women, it needs to feel safe, legit, public, group to start?
    So many will have never heard of the concept.

• I would lean toward pushing people to the site as much as possible and let CC do the work of educating people about this. If they know nothing about it and you are just advertising a group cuddle, they are likely going to think it is a cover for something else.

• @WriterGF Good point and I would be concerned about someone pushing boundaries and poisoning the desire to come to the site. However, there were cuddle meetings before this site existed and the first order of business was education of boundaries, consent and the basics. So it has been done before.

But I tend to agree with you that passive advertising is better because I think a cuddle party/group meeting will mostly attract the true believers in which case you are preaching to the choir.

• @1_teddybear

On the first question, which women are more likely to be enthusiasts…I think just posting the flier, and see what that produces. Specifically directing and trying to find someone may be hard. Maybe do opposite of what some do here, some come in here acting like it’s a dating website, maybe do the opposite, go onto dating websites and put in your profile that you are on this site, and what you are looking for. Or list out exactly what cuddling is, and describe it all, and then they can reach out directly.

As far as what age, I’m not sure what ages women go where…except senior centers. All go to grocery stores (unless they have it delivered or do curbside). I’m from a rural area, so I’m sure it’s different in the city, but if you know certain ages women go to certain places, sure, aim it where you think you are more apt to connect with someone. Maybe single groups, maybe divorcee groups, maybe workout areas that have different classes for different levels, maybe shopping centers, maybe bookstores, maybe the post office.

After naming all those places, I definitely just think posting the cuddle comfort ad would be the best in those places.

• @CelestialTouch it's a conspiracy!! I actually steal a lot of my plps long sweaters in the winter. They are so much more cozy and have giant pockets. He has to come rescue them from my laundry pile often. My philosophy is if you don’t want your clothes stolen either lock them up or buy something uncomfortable. I do have a TON of sisters. So my philosophy is a little off.

• Not sure how this would be possible considering we’re in a recession and tons of people are making minimum wage. To the possibility of recruiting older women…I’d hope they try to be pros considering some could be on limited or fixed income.

You can advertise for use of the site but it’s their choice if they’ll monetize their time and I for one hope they do.

• Just a couple notes:

• I do NOT recommend hosting a group cuddle party if you have not had training to do so. The risk of it going poorly any number of ways is high - from people feeling awkward, to not knowing how to lead activities, to not knowing how to properly teach consent, all the way to having attendees use the event as an opportunity to take advantage of others either at the party or lure them for later. You REALLY don't want to open yourself up to that kind of liability without some training and experience even if isn't professional cuddling training.

• using the event title "Cuddle Party" is trade marked by a company, so you technically cannot legally use it and open yourself up to problems if you do, especially if you charge money to attendees. Yes, a lot of people do it anyway out of ignorance or just not caring... that doesn't absolve them of legal responsibility should the company choose to sue them.

• in addition to sharing print copies of the CC ad, you can share it in social media groups, especially things like local Facebook groups, Meetups, Twitter & Instagram using local tags, etc. We get so many young people signing up to be pros because they see people pushing it as quick money on social media...we can offset it by showing the enthusiast side on social media just as easily.

• edited September 2023

I tried talking to people and got a few numbers but when it came to the idea of cuddling was uncertain because of no experience and one said women have some concerns about safety or something like that. They liked texting though and sending pics, so turned into more of a pen pal than anything. I never mentioned this site to them though. I got bored of texting and havent texted for like a month or so. I was never good at communicating.

• @CelestialTouch
    Are you saying someone accused you of asking for money because you got some warnings? I got the same thing, I asked a moderator about it, and they said maybe some words just prompted that, that no one had actually reported me for that. They were able to take it off, the warnings.